Suthep asks whether Abhisit is siding with Thaksin

webfact

Suthep asks whether Abhisit is siding with Thaksin

1111.jpg

Ruam Palang Prachachart Thai party founder Suthep Thuagsuban has hit out at Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva by asking whether the latter, to fulfil his ambition to be the next prime minister, has taken sides with fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

This taunt from Suthep, former secretary-general of the Democrat party, followed Abhisit’s statement on Sunday that he would not support General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s return as the post-election prime minister.

An apparently fractious Suthep claimed he was instrumental in Abhisit  becoming prime minister of Thailand in 2008, saying “Abhisit became prime minister because of me.  Without me, he would not have become (prime minister) even in the next life,” at a campaign rally in the Takua Pa district of the southern province of Phang-nga on Sunday. “Does this mean Abhisit has taken the side of Thaksin?  Does it mean Abhisit will accept an offer if the Thaksin’s camp throws its support behind him as the next prime minister?  Is he so desperate to become prime minister?” Suthep asked.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/suthep-asks-whether-abhisit-is-siding-with-thaksin/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-11

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

It gets more bizarre by the day...

Just shows the democrats also don't like the current junta. Those of them that did like the junta are probably in Suthep his camp.

Still I don't see the democrats working with Thaksin.

Its funny how the Thaksin side attacked the democrats for not supporting the junta. Seems in their mind you have to vote PTP to be against the junta others are not allowed to be anti junta. 

Still if the democrats don't support the junta it will be harder for the junta to gain power. The junta parties even with their lower requirement of votes (because of the appointed senator scam) will struggle to get enough votes.

• Confused 1

Suthep has everything *ss backwards.  The lead party in any coalition should be the party with the most seats and that party's leader should be Prime Minister.  The question as always should be -- if the Democrat's win the most seats of the "non-thaksin" related parties... will PPRP and Suthep support Abhisit as Prime Minister and the Democrats as the lead party in any coalition... ???

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

You might compare Thailand as it was under YS and how it is now.

If you can do that objectivity, you might be able to see that under YS and TS the country came to a standstill, while now it is slowly moving again.

The economy isn't really in a bad state, although the private debts are disturbing, the infrastructure is getting better, the baht is doing rather well.

Your quip about Thailand drawn into the gutter is rather unbelievable.

I am not in favour of coups, at all.

But Thailand was drawn into the preliminaries of a civilian war by the political hotheads on both sides while one side was floating the Idea of forming another army, splitting the country, threatening in word and deed political opponents and threatening to start burning buildings again.

But I guess you "forgot" about that?

Forget what, the violent armed takeover by those in power now?  They went to war against the people and the constitution and won it in very short order because they had all the military might.  It was not a moral right, it was whoever holds the most weapons are right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Suthep is a lot like many Thai visa users real black and white. If you are against the junta your pro Thaksin. (according to Suthep). According to many posters here if you dislike Thaksin you love the junta. 

I think its good that the democrats turn away from the junta, that does not mean they have to like Thaksin just means they don't like the junta. 

I can't wait to se the election results, will be real interesting to see how the voting goes. I can only hope for huge support of future forward.

You are making a big step assuming that the election results will be the real ones, very little seems to point to that being a likely scenario.

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

You are making a big step assuming that the election results will be the real ones, very little seems to point to that being a likely scenario.

I think its impossible to fake election results and keep it secret. They already stacked the deck in their favor. I doubt that this will happen. Its a personal opinion of course.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Not a chance ! Abhisit in my opinion is one of the few politicians with integrity and intelligence. It is a pity though that he does not do more for the farangs who have chosen to make Thailand their home ????

With due respect, farangs mean nothing much at all here, old guys sitting on fences with younger women on the bed roll, in a nut shell.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He stabbed Chuan in the back and resulted in him losing the government. Now he do the same to Ahbisit. Once beaten twice shy but not Ahbisit. He deserved all the betrayals by a slime ball. 

He has all of the hallmarks of a typical politician