Thai baht lowest since January

webfact

21 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Don't make me laugh, the Thai baht will never fall as long as Thailand has its magicians as bankers.

Every other currency worldwide weakens, but the Thai baht will only be stronger, don't worry.

I transferred my Ozy dollars on Thursday and received the lowest exchange yet...21:1, Thai baht weak!!! Not while the sen yai's have overseas holdings!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

One could only dream... basically cost of living for anyone bringing in money from overseas went up over 10% over the past few years.

25% up over 10 years...????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dennnis said:

Is this sarcastic article??

EURO = 35.45 Baht

The USD is little stronger this week-end, so baht seem lower compared to USD, but not if compared to European currencies, the baht is actually the same, or a tiny little bit more expensive.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TPI said:

I transferred my Ozy dollars on Thursday and received the lowest exchange yet...21:1, Thai baht weak!!! Not while the sen yai's have overseas holdings!

You need to check out the alternatives to whoever you used. Should have got near to 22

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Do you also need to import a Benz and buy property/ land overseas :cheesy: 

No, if you actually read my post it says I am off on holiday and so will need to buy foreign currency and pay for hotels etc ! 

They have been warned by the IMF numerous times about why there currency is always strong with nothing happening . philippine money up and down vietnam money up and down but thai money against farang currencies only goes down no wonder in pattaya and bkk very little farangs now .

• Like 1

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens as the year goes on..slowly many countries are teetering into recession..eg..france and germany..italy..spain..portugal are going the way of greece.
The so called populist parties will run amok next month in the mep elections..the eu dream of a united states of europe is going down the pan
Various trade wars continuing..conflict in the middle east..india vs pakistan heating up nicely..
Crazy world but i think the £sterling will slowly rise.

Answers on a postcard please [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

International air travel from Thailand is expensive. New condo prices per square meter are frothy. Hotel prices seem to rise simultaneously with the huge increase in supply of rooms. I don't mind stopping now.
Thailand doesn't set pricing for carriers and would be much more expensive to fly from Cambodia or Laos.

I don't rent but it appears everybody else does and plenty 4k shoe boxes aground

Hotel and guest houses are still cheap.

Feel free to keep going, I'm not convinced yet.
Oh and 40 baht meals in air con malls? You forgot that one

The U. S. dollar has risen once again from the ashes and is the strongest it has been in years. The Baht is going to suffer against it and unless the Bozos at the Bank of Thailand once again do their save face manipulations its heading to 33 or 34 to the dollar. About time and yeah for me.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 8:33 AM, mstevens said:

Pretty much anything imported (and the same things imported in to Western countries are often MUCH cheaper!)

Its all about choices and I don't buy imported goods unless Tesco have discounted by 50%.

There is no dispute the rate has changed but much is still relatively cheap. A couple of months ago I had 20 ton of aggregate delivered for 3200 baht and a few days ago an extraction and immediate partial dentures for 3000 baht.

About the only significant increases are hotel rooms and beer, can still get a good kapow down the road for 40 baht.

On 4/28/2019 at 3:46 AM, White Christmas13 said:

I can't be bothered to read every thing but if the baht is low how come

I get only 19.4 baht for 1 AUD ?

Where on earth are you changing money? Sydney Airport? Change your Aussie dollars on the ground in Bangkok and you'll get closer to 22.5,

• Haha 1

One factor affecting the baht is oil prices. THB seems to move inverse to oil. Thailand imports most of their oil and oil products. Most oil trades in USD, so that will strain BOT USD cash reserves as oil increases throughout 2019. Oil is forecast at USD$70+ for most of the remainder of 2019.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mstevens said:

Where on earth are you changing money? Sydney Airport? Change your Aussie dollars on the ground in Bangkok and you'll get closer to 22.5,

no not Sydney airport I live in Perth I ask 4 exchanges and none offered me more than 20

I know I will get more in Thailand

Looking at the Chart the baht started to disintegrate from 2014/15, the time the General took over Thailand.

If he wants to attract tourists he's better get moving, tourists look value for money and at the moment

there is not much of this. Vietnam, Cambodia are beautiful countries too and with more freedom.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 12:45 PM, THE REVERAND said:

Thailand's  good old days are over. China is taking over, soon it will be on the same level  as Cambodia. 

These will be  "good old days in another 15 - 20 years.   Guaranteed!       ????

• 2 weeks later...