Thai Elite Visa Application Rejected for Accidental 2 Day Overstay?

I have only READ accounts on Thaivisa but have read similar accounts to yours. One would imagine a 2 day overstay should not rule you out, however seems harsh but think it is a rule with elite visa. Big problem for small error.

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are there examples of 1 day overstays? or is it just 2 days and above?

I think if its under 24 hours they "let you off". If that's the case I THINK it would be 2day + overstay.

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are there examples of 1 day overstays? or is it just 2 days and above?

At a land border, a 1 day overstay is definitely charged and noted in the passport.

Seems over the top harsh to me, a single short overstay really isn't such a significant infraction. I guess the "good news" is that they only consider overstays during the last 3 years, so at least you can sit it out.

• Like 1

Maybe you should contemplate spending time in the Philippines, , Cebu is a city the size of Chiangmai with all services . I  picked up Cebu as an exemple.

No problem to stay at 40 years old  there with tourist visa  extension up to 3 years, Just renew the extensions  when needed. Canadian get 30 days on arrival . Just read the requirement if you are interested..

But do not forget to do the extension when needed  as they are serious about this. Overstaying is serious in there.

From Cebu you have flights to Bangkok so you can spend time in both countries until you get you Elite visa in 3 years.

Hope you  find a solution.

• Like 1

If you have the initial money, you can go to Malaysia, e.g. Penang. I vastly superior country than the dump called Thailand. I don'y understand the lure of Thailand it just boggles my mind. Or wait for three years and then apply again. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, you are an honest one.  I would never have considered telling anyone that I had overstayed.  Would have left them to catch me out ... hoping that as with many systems here they don't work.  What is the downside of going back and not claiming you had an overstay?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

If you have the initial money, you can go to Malaysia, e.g. Penang. I vastly superior country than the dump called Thailand. I don'y understand the lure of Thailand it just boggles my mind. Or wait for three years and then apply again. 

Nonsense post. You living in los? Only ask because you post TV a lot. Why are you not living in SH by the name of Penang. Been there one time. Would not stop there for a s**t

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It was always one of the great barstool myths that an elite visa was a great way to wipe an overstay/blacklist from your record, they wanted your money and could arrange it etc.

Whats the world coming to when you cant believe a good barstool myth anymore.

I don't know on what barstools you sit, but in all my years here i never heard this myth..

Furthermore, The connection between Blacklisting and Overstaying is a new one, as till recently it only involved a fine.. I think you must have been daydreaming on your stool then. ????

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

20 million muslims in Malaysia STILL practising sharia law.

Boring S/hole only good for visa runs , thank god I hit 50 and dont need to leave Thailand.

I see your a prolific poster here, yeah I know its hard to cut the cord ????

ENJOY!

• Like 1

Just now, onera1961 said:

I live in Pattaya (6-month), Las Vegas (3-month), and Benidorm (3-month). 

Who cares. Your post I quoted was about living in Penang. Give that a try and come back and again refer to Thailand as a "dump" foff