Brit father of beautiful Thai celeb daughter in car accident in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Time to put in roundabouts at major junctions and barrier off the U-Turns make it illegal to do a U-Turn on a dual carriageway.

Ohhhhh but think of the cost.... and do you think for one minute people will obey whatever the "give-way" rules would be on a round-about????

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Ohhhhh but think of the cost.... and do you think for one minute people will obey whatever the "give-way" rules would be on a round-about????

Even Americans can not grasp the logic and rules at a roundabout, what chance would Thais have ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Why is her surname Legge if her dad's surname is Edeard and her mum's Thai?

Theoretical it could be if her husband’s last name is Legge, otherwise I would think because she is beautiful, an actress and she must have long legs and to make it easier for everyone to understand the size of her legs it has simply been made Legge. Logical, isn’t it?

4 hours ago, rtco said:

Brits, or any farang in Pattaya, have no clue how to dress. Mind you I also despair at Thai dress sense as well like mixing floral and stripes or spots and squares or any other awful combination you can think of. Then of course there are the totally over the top multi coloured t-shirts. Now I ain't no fashionista but I do try to dress accordingly and am colour-co-ordinated. And finally what really gets to me is the shirtless fat bloaters who don't give two XXX about what they look like.   

You tell 'em, girlfriend. Two snaps and a twist. Project Runway superfan in da house. You ever try bartering fashion tips for naughty favors down on soi 6? I'll be looking for you at fashion week. Toodaloo, ma cherie amour. [kiss, kiss]

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

... give way to traffic already on the rounndabout or approaching from the right unless road markings/signs indicate otherwise ... a roundabout on Jomtein 2nd road & i was going around it when the Thai truck driver in front of me promptly stopped to allow another vehicle onto it!!!!

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Isn't that actually Thai law ? So the truck driver was acting correctly right ?

No, the truck driver wasn't acting correctly.

Land Traffic Act BE 2522 (1979), Part 6:-

Section 73.  ...  If there is no traffic signal or traffic sign ... , when a driver arrives at the roundabout, he or she must give way to the driver driving on his or her right side in the roundabout to pass first.

I've seen a number of translations of the LTA and, while they all use slightly different words, the sense is the same - give way to traffic already on the roundabout, i.e. on the right.

Fat chance of getting that to register with many Thai drivers since everywhere else in the LTA says 'priority to traffic on the left'.

It's been a while since I had to renew my driving licences but I can't remember seeing anything on roundabouts in the 'instructional' video or elsewhere.

Edited by MartinL

9 hours ago, nev said:

What's his daughter being beautiful got to do with this, An accident is a accident no matter what your daughter looks like ????

Agree !  If she looked like the  back of a  bus would it  make a difference? Talk about scraping the  barrel!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Basil B said:

Time to put in roundabouts at major junctions and barrier off the U-Turns make it illegal to do a U-Turn on a dual carriageway.

agree BUT THAIS have no idea what to do when they see a roundabout.....they ARE NOT TAUGHT durng their "so called driving lessons"/driving test !!

15 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Okey dokey then Giorgio Armani, please pass on your selected designs for this years fashionable farang, I mean we have no clue, please help oh lord of high fashion for hot weather.  You speak with forked tongue, don't come near my balloon and stop spouting BS. 

You don't know me and you have never seen me so how can you say stop spouting BS? 

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

Amen brother - I don't care if you're buffed or a bloater - going shirtless makes you look like an absolute bellend !!

Only last night I saw some thai girl about 52kg skin tight denim shorts, lose fitting black top and would you believe it no bra - I mean come on - I nearly slapped her !!

On 5/29/2019 at 5:48 AM, geoffbezoz said:

Even Americans can not grasp the logic and rules at a roundabout, what chance would Thais have ?

That's 'cause most American traffic engineers are smart enough not to use roundabouts...

And, in my normal PSA...  Had the guy been on a scooter, this story would have probably been a lot more tragic.  4 wheels, doors and a lot of steel kept him from serious injury.

Edited by impulse

9 hours ago, impulse said:

That's 'cause most American traffic engineers are smart enough not to use roundabouts...

Roundabouts work well in medium traffic conditions, keeping everyone moving, but not when traffic gets heavy. The USA is not familiar with them and uses an over-abundance of traffic lights. 

The use of lights ticks the 'safety' box, but very bad for the environment.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, monkeycu said:

Every father has a most beautiful daughter, does that mean every father can make the news

Be serious! Every father doesn't have a daughter that beautiful. She is what she is -- accept it.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:

Be serious! Every father doesn't have a daughter that beautiful. She is what she is -- accept it.

Its all in the eye of the beholder

You ever tell your wife / gf she was ugly  :ermm:

On 5/31/2019 at 7:36 AM, jacko45k said:

Roundabouts work well in medium traffic conditions, keeping everyone moving, but not when traffic gets heavy. The USA is not familiar with them and uses an over-abundance of traffic lights. 

The use of lights ticks the 'safety' box, but very bad for the environment.  

The small town I came from had 3 when I left and they worked fine it took a little time for people to get use to them. Another town has one that I think a Thai engineer designed it was too small and large trucks would have to go straight through it