First ( and last) visit to Pattaya T21

Pilotman

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's primarily a food mall. I don't understand how most of the retail shops are affording the rent.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I heard the food shops didn't pay rent in Bangkok.  True?  It would be easy with a central cash system to charge everyone a percent of sales for rent in lieu of a fixed charge.  

33 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Pass it most days,we have been in 3 times,nothing much to see ,food court good ,but thats about it ,not worth the bother ,prefer central mall.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There are actually numerous good restaurants in there too for those willing to spend a lot more money. Not talking about the chains that they have other places. But I've found just like restaurants in general in Pattaya there is a lot of inconsistency in quality. I won't mention the places but two of the places in particular that I was raving about have already totally gone downhill. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Have a T21 in Korat, I went for a look but did not spend any baht.

They have spent some serious money on the building, returns...?

Have been to the Korat T21. But only because the Thai Passport Office is  there. Seemed to be the only busy part of the  entire complex. Have noticed that wherever the location of  any of these  T21 is that general comment mentions the lack of customers in very expansive, expensive surroundings.

Have to admit that out of the many food outlets to choose from the one where my wife and I were the only customers for the duration of our meal I was reasonably impressed at the price and the  quality of the food.

I do wonder how the whole place pays it's way.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

You should try going anywhere with Lady Roadrunner. The only thing my girl can't pass is a dress shop.

Shoes are Mrs P's weakness, but she will not buy anything over 500 Bhat and then wonders why they fall to bits in two weeks.  Still, she is cheapish to run. 

Another Pattaya white elephant waiting to happen, already empty units and so called sales. Me thinks it will last a tad longer than the new beach. Remember when the Avenue was cast as a new masterpiece. 

Edited by Caine
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/1/2019 at 6:42 AM, marcusarelus said:

I visited a couple of months ago.  Ate at the food court and it was wonderful.  Shopped at the grocery store and it was wonderful.  Walked around and looked at the pretty Chinese women and they were wonderful.  Pattaya really needed this new mall if just for the food and eye candy. 

Visitors like you sir are keeping that mall alive.

• Like 1

I misread the headline and thought it said first and last visit to Pattaya. That’s why I read it because I have just left Pattaya after too many visits and have vowed never to return because of the dirt and pollution and explosion of visitors of certain ethnicity who are contributing to the negative effect Pattaya is having on me. When I’m confronted with signs in a moderately expensive hotel telling me not to spit I realised that the end was nigh ... for me... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terryofcrete said:

I misread the headline and thought it said first and last visit to Pattaya. That’s why I read it because I have just left Pattaya after too many visits and have vowed never to return because of the dirt and pollution and explosion of visitors of certain ethnicity who are contributing to the negative effect Pattaya is having on me. When I’m confronted with signs in a moderately expensive hotel telling me not to spit I realised that the end was nigh ... for me... 

Presumably prior to that you enjoyed spitting in the hotel ? ????

• Haha 1