Multilingual signs needed on Airport Rail Link to stop tourists urinating on trains: spokesman

webfact

Multilingual signs needed on Airport Rail Link to stop tourists urinating on trains: spokesman

8pm.jpg

Caption: It's clean - you can be confident of that!

A spokesman for the Airport Rail Link told the Thai media that there are toilets at every one of the line's stations. 

But they admitted that they were only in English and Thai along with other information.

The comment comes after social media went barmy on Tuesday when a Chinese woman was pictured squatting and relieving herself in a carriage near Lat Krabang station. 

Sanook columnist Komkrit Duangmanee spoke to the unnamed official yesterday who told him that maids at both the Suvanabhumi and Phayathai termini do cleaning as a matter of course. 

On this occasion a passenger had alerted staff to be ready for action at Suvarnabhumi due to the urine that was passing through the carriage. 

Appropriate steps were taken. 

He said there were toilets at every station but admitted that signage and information was only in Thai and English and not "other languages". 

The inference was clear - maybe Chinese should be used on the rail system for the benefit of visitors. 

Source: Sanook

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Ah ok, like people don't know you're not supposed to urinate on a public transport, right? so have a sign that say urinating, defecating and spitting not allowed...

I guess you did not read it well enough, they wanted signs pointing to the Toilets at the stations that are now only in Thai and English.. they want to add Chinese.

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

A spokesman for the Airport Rail Link told the Thai media that there are toilets at every one of the line's stations. 

But they admitted that they were only in English and Thai

Sorry, but when you're busting for a Jim Riddle at a station, and they do have toilets, you will find one. Doesn't matter what language the signs are in. In Japan you don't always see English, but I found public toilets. 

If I were stuck on a train and was so desperate to go, I wouldn't just do it on the floor in front of everyone. I'd probably just p*** myself as to not inconvenience others as much as possible. 

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said there were toilets at every station but admitted that signage and information was only in Thai and English and not "other languages". 

The BTS officials might want to add this sign while they are at it.

seat.JPG

24 minutes ago, robblok said:

I guess you did not read it well enough, they wanted signs pointing to the Toilets at the stations that are now only in Thai and English.. they want to add Chinese.

symbols usually work with an arrow - airports seem to do fine 

Not sure you need a sign telling a human not to piss on a train 

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

symbols usually work with an arrow - airports seem to do fine 

Not sure you need a sign telling a human not to piss on a train 

Read the article.. its not about humans not pissing in trains, its about better signs towards the toilets. 

35 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

image.jpeg.f529b5664e3055d18048eaa225e05bae.jpegimage.png.cd17b0cd4f386b8e4bf38e34fd43b7a6.png

That is as multilingual as it gets. It's even understandable if you speak mandarin.

Says nothing about not being allowed to squat for a pee though, just no peeing into a hole in the floor when you have an erection, and beware of piles of s**t when you have haemorrhoids and are bending down to give a urinating man a blow job.

While they're at it, how about signs saying "do not eat the train" too?

But seriously, they are talking about better signage in the stations, so those dying for relief can go before they get on the train.  however, as some have already pointed out, it's not that hard to find out where the toilet is, even when you don't speak the language, and I get the feeling that, if the train is about to leave, many would just jump on it and hope for the best.

Just now, sherwood said:

And a sign to show people how to eat food, breath, walk.

Signs signs everywhere theres signs. <deleted>

Don't forget the signs pointing to the sign pointing to the toilets.

So is this a case of one person urinating on the train? Also, because of that they realised they need to put signs up for the toilets.... but post it on TVF and the outrage train comes rolling along and suddenly there is an epidemic of toilet mishaps on the trains ???? 

Perhaps give out short brochure in Chinese along with immigration card while flying in from China (could use a Russian one too, I think. Have plenty of time to read and hopefully absorb the message. Problem doesn't happen only on airport rail link.

Well, yet another quality tourist - never ever heard of such a behaviour though.

And, trust me, persons peeing in public transport vehicles cannot read. On another note; is it not interesting that people took pictures and possibly videos but nobody told the gal to take a leak at the next stop? So the bystanders cannot read, neither English nor Thai or are from the same pig stall!

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

How about putting some toilets in the stations then? I simply can't understand why the Metro and BTS were built without any toilets....it is stupidity.

well they don't have any toilets on train stations in Perth for security reasons I guess

Archived