"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya

webfact

"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya

8pm_VI.jpg
PIcture: THe Pattaya News

The French boyfriend of a Surin woman who fell from a fifth floor flat in Pratumnak Hill told police the couple had been arguing. She tripped and fell after threatening to jump, he said.

Sunisa Chertsakun, 29, survived the fall from room 506. A video showed her crying out still conscious as she was secured and taken to hospital by rescue personnel. 

The incident happened at the Art On The Hill condominium off Soi 5. It is an eight story block.

The French boyfriend said that he had been arguing with Sunisa who said she would jump. She then tripped and fell.

He is helping police with their inquiries at the police station. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-17

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not an uncommon behaviour to threaten with suicide or even try one .

though can not help but wonder how one slips and falls OVER the balcony railing . You would think ifyou slipped you fall down on the floor not over at least 1 meter high railing

but why do you need 8 medics to handle the situation? 

Very sad to get news like this. There often seems to be a farang involved. Invariably it's the lady who slips, trips jumps or simply falls.

A 24 year old girl fell from the 18th floor of a block a while back. And she lived. Her hubby was Swedish.

You cannot fall over a 100 -120 cm tall railing  - you would have to jump, be lifted, or climb up and over.  

Edit: Unless she was over 190 cm (6'2") tall - then her center of gravity would be high enough

Sad.

In watching the video, I was impressed that the volunteer medics did an excellent job in treating her and getting her properly on the backboard. Always wondered how well trained these guys were.

GOOD JOB.

46 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You cannot fall over a 100 -120 cm tall railing  - you would have to jump, be lifted, or climb up and over.  

Edit: Unless she was over 190 cm (6'2") tall - then her center of gravity would be high enough

My guess maybe she was standing or sitting on the ledge of the railing slipped but I guess none of you thought of that.  

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Not an uncommon behaviour to threaten with suicide or even try one .

though can not help but wonder how one slips and falls OVER the balcony railing . You would think ifyou slipped you fall down on the floor not over at least 1 meter high railing

but why do you need 8 medics to handle the situation? 

One metre high railing,you obviously havent been around much to see for yourself that many off these balconies in Thailand have in fact ridiculously low railings sadly!

I had two friends with thai girl friends threatening to jumb to blame the farang for their deaths.  He called another thai to come and help.  Could hear her screaming im going to kill myself.  And she did.  The other one the same thing.  She says I die you go to jail.  He turned on his video camera and showed her up on the rail.  He ran out of the room and got  far away from her.  She claimed down and chased him out of the condo. Crazy bunch.  

1 hour ago, uel1968 said:

One metre high railing,you obviously havent been around much to see for yourself that many off these balconies in Thailand have in fact ridiculously low railings sadly!

So you have been to the condo where it has happened? or just posting out of your backside trying to show off your knowledge?

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Or well endowed? Actually if the waist is 100cm or above surely a person could fall over a 100cm railing. 

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Yes makes you wonder how so many people "fall" over balconies in Thailand on an almost weekly basis.

1 hour ago, BTB1958 said:

I had two friends with thai girl friends threatening to jumb to blame the farang for their deaths.  He called another thai to come and help.  Could hear her screaming im going to kill myself.  And she did.  The other one the same thing.  She says I die you go to jail.  He turned on his video camera and showed her up on the rail.  He ran out of the room and got  far away from her.  She claimed down and chased him out of the condo. Crazy bunch.  

There aren't that many psycho totally batshit crazy Thai women out there.  But the farang will always find them!

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Very sad to get news like this. There often seems to be a farang involved. Invariably it's the lady who slips, trips jumps or simply falls.

A 24 year old girl fell from the 18th floor of a block a while back. And she lived. Her hubby was Swedish.

Seriously, mostly the farang takes a dive.

The girlfriend mostly is shopping, visiting somewhere, but near the diving spot.

Horrific situation all around! A lot of posters here suggesting waiting until we hear her side of the story, what if she says she was pushed and what if he is completely innocent, a young man's life left in ruin and possibly life in a hell hole prison. People don't just throw people off balconies unless they have a history of mental illness or serious drug abuse which could be investigated which I very much doubt it will be? Whatever happened it is going to cost him large either with his life or mone big money, just her hospital bill is going to be big bucks me error in loss of earnings etc! Some of the bar girls will go completely mad after a few drinks their small bodies can't handle it. Maybe I good idea if you are having multiple sex partners to get some cameras around the condo/house especially on the balcony! I just thank God I don't have situations like this. 

3 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Sad.

In watching the video, I was impressed that the volunteer medics did an excellent job in treating her and getting her properly on the backboard. Always wondered how well trained these guys were.

GOOD JOB.

Makes a change from them refusing to try CPR and just loading the unfortunate person straight into a bodybag

Archived