Pit bull savages child in Chiang Mai - owner pays 3,000 baht and no more

Pit bull savages child in Chiang Mai - owner pays 3,000 baht and no more

s1.jpg

Image: Spring News

A distraught mother has gone to the press for help after her 11 year old son was savaged by a pit bull terrier that got loose from a restaurant in Chiang Mai. 

Wiraphop "Nong Saeng" Chiangtung was happily playing with friends in a car park near "The Fusion" construction site in Muang district where he is living. 

The dog went for his face ripping a gash in his mouth before locals managed to chase the vicious beast away. 

The boy needed 17 stitches. 

The owner of the restaurant paid 3,000 baht but mother Jia Chiangtung has racked up bills of 14,000 baht since the unprovoked attack on Saturday. 

Screen Shot 2562-06-18 at 08.39.51.png

Image: Daily News

She wants the dog - one of two pit bulls kept tied up outside the restaurant - to be kept somewhere else. 

She told Daily News the dog had only been there a week and no one felt self, especially her traumatized son. 

Daily News saw the dogs tied up outside yesterday but the restaurant was all quiet when they called and knocked. However, after interviewing the mother they went back and the dogs had been put inside the closed restaurant. 

Jia is set to file a complaint with the Chang Pheuak police over the matter. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-18

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any dog with a propensity for viciousness such as a Pit Bull should be considered a dangerous weapon. The owner should be held responsible if it gets lose and attacks. Then prosecuted for the charge of assault with intent to commit grievous bodily harm, attempted murder, or murder (as appropriate) just as if the owner attacked the child himself. Not the dogs fault but it should be destroyed by court order. Another tragedy waiting to happen

What a nasty dog owner,taking  little  responsibility for

the actions of his dog,why have vicious dogs like that

at a restaurant ,I think a boycott of his place of business

is in order,hurt him in the pocket,the little boy is going to

be scared for life.

regards worgeordie

Yesterday we saw a guy with one of these dogs ,its ears had been shaped into small v"s and i presume had wire stiched in to make them stand up ,it was frothing at the mouth as he walked it , dont know about putting the dog down but so should the owner ,

My pitties would not hurt a fly and babysits our 6 month old while we are out will appear soon, along with there is no such thing as a bad dog only bad owners nonsense. These monsters were bred for violence, they are killers, just look up the statistics, banned in 12 countries and restricted in others for a reason.

26 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

My pitties would not hurt a fly and babysits our 6 month old while we are out will appear soon, along with there is no such thing as a bad dog only bad owners nonsense. These monsters were bred for violence, they are killers, just look up the statistics, banned in 12 countries and restricted in others for a reason.

ThOsE ViCiOuS BlOoDy MuTts ????

6897238E-646A-4CA2-9DA8-4E86BAD2943F.jpeg

1631CB42-C573-481D-A5A2-73524069DA4B.jpeg

Plenty of clips on Youtube about these menaces attacking people. Once they turn they are near impossible to stop. It's why I always carry one of those flame-thrower type lighters with me when out walking. Fire will stop any creature in its tracks. The other night it scared off a neighbour's aggressive terrier (another nasty critter).

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Yesterday we saw a guy with one of these dogs ,its ears had been shaped into small v"s and i presume had wire stiched in to make them stand up ,it was frothing at the mouth...

And what did the dog look like?

53 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

65% of attacks from all breeds in the USA in 2017 were by these vermin

Actually, if you read your own link, it was attacks between 2005 and 2017...

Just goes to show how we see/hear/read what we want to in any situation.

That link is from a biased site called "dog Bites " so I wouldn't take it as gospel...

Rottweiler and Pit bulls are the most responsible for serious attacks, often leading to fatality though.

There is nothing wrong with a pitbull who has been properly trained. But, the ones that have not received the right kind of training can be very dangerous. The owner's have to be held criminally responsible for these animals. When an untrained animal inflicts harm on anyone, it must be treated as assault by the adult who owns them, and they must be subject to time in prison. Otherwise, nothing ever changes. $100. Are you joking? That is it? What kind of a society accepts that as a reasonable solution? 

Also, when an animal commits an act like this, the animal must be put down. First offense, take the animal out. Period. No excuses. Gone baby gone. Control your animal, or pay the price with his life. 

20 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Plenty of clips on Youtube about these menaces attacking people. Once they turn they are near impossible to stop. It's why I always carry one of those flame-thrower type lighters with me when out walking. Fire will stop any creature in its tracks. The other night it scared off a neighbour's aggressive terrier (another nasty critter).

"I always carry one of those flame-thrower type lighters with me"

More info on this please.

Pity Thailand doesn't allow the importation, selling and use of Halt which is highly effective and harmless to the dog.

41GxI-ggzUL._AC_UL160_.jpg.6849f42fe1c60dd876cfb5afe6670431.jpg

Maybe the powers that be deem it better that dogs are allowed to attack people.

I’ve never seen an old pitbull. Oldest I can recall is about 8 yrs old when it snapped and took a chunk out of a neighborhood kid. Was put down shortly after. Lots of puppies around back home, but they always end up out of control and sent to the pound, where they are killed, or put down by the authorities after attacking someone. Tend to be dumb dogs that are hard to train and way too powerful for their own good.

I feel a bit sad when I see some dumbass kid walking around with a pitbull pup. Odds are it doesn’t end good for anybody involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

"I always carry one of those flame-thrower type lighters with me"

More info on this please.

Pity Thailand doesn't allow the importation, selling and use of Halt which is highly effective and harmless to the dog.

41GxI-ggzUL._AC_UL160_.jpg.6849f42fe1c60dd876cfb5afe6670431.jpg

Maybe the powers that be deem it better that dogs are allowed to attack people.

They're essentially a cigarette lighter. Can get them at certain street stalls. I bought mine at SCG, down the highway towards Sattahip. They throw out a very powerful jet flame, not too far though. If surrounded by dogs, it's easy to set fire to a piece of paper, which scares them. 

5 hours ago, Date Masamune said:

Any dog with a propensity for viciousness such as a Pit Bull should be considered a dangerous weapon. The owner should be held responsible if it gets lose and attacks. Then prosecuted for the charge of assault with intent to commit grievous bodily harm, attempted murder, or murder (as appropriate) just as if the owner attacked the child himself. Not the dogs fault but it should be destroyed by court order. Another tragedy waiting to happen

100% agree with you. 

4 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Put the pit bulls down before they kill next time. Poor kid and totally irresponsible owner.

Perfect example of ignorance . Were you aware Most Common Breeds of Dog to Attack are labradors ? If you were not , you are now ????

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Couple of pics prove nothing, they will attack when the mood takes them and the results are devastating, 65% of attacks from all breeds in the USA in 2017 were by these vermin

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php

Ahh, the USA, that pet loving country where illegal puppy farms and dog fighting are huge businesses. When the dogs are brought up traumatised by people who should not be allowed to own them, what do you expect. The dogs are not bred to be violent, they are goaded and tortured into being violent.

Lucky that the locals were able to drive the beast away before Nong Saeng received more serious injuries or was killed.

In Thai villages the locals sneak up on dogs that they believe have either bitten their kids or killed their chickens, or just annoyed them by running after their motor bikes barking and feed them poisoned chicken, so they die in agony foaming at the mouth.  My m-i-l has lost a couple of dogs this way and she never had any idea what her dogs were supposed to have done wrong or who killed them, even living in a small community of a couple of hundred people.  

I wouldn't be surprised if these pitbull will end up the same way.  I don't agree with this horrible and illegal method of dealing with savage dogs but there is no effective legal redress against savage dogs or their owners.

Archived