Pentagon approves Stryker infantry carrier vehicles sale to Thailand

webfact

Interesting that Wiki quoted the price of a Stryker in 2012 at USD$4.9million without add-ons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryker

60 "new" vehicles alone would be USD$294million (in 2012 prices)

USD$175million would only buy 35 vehicles, less armaments and spares.

Normally, I'd expect a 30% markup, to cover...shipping...and incidentals.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

defend its sovereign territory against traditional and non-traditional threats by filling

Where the coup is coming in here? 

Is this explained by "traditional threats"......??????

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

For that money and given the number of provinces, they could spend just over $2 million USD for each province (one time). I'm curious as to what that could buy in terms of a first-response type facility. 

Not much, by the time all the brown envelopes are filled.

• Like 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryker

Made in Canada for US Army.................at US$2.9m must be a basic version or pre-owned.

Cost[edit]

The unit cost to purchase the initial Stryker ICVs (without add-ons, including the slat armor) was US$3 million in April 2002.[93] By May 2003, the regular production cost per vehicle was US$1.42 million.[94] In February 2012, the cost had risen to US$4.9 million.[4]

If I were the Thai people I'd be very suspicious of the Americans supplying anything 

Throughout History when either America or England desides t help anyone they want to take over that Country and steal any wealth that that Country has

So to all the Thai people I know just be careful and be prepared for the Americans to want to take over your Country and steal everything from you ????

34 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Not much, by the time all the brown envelopes are filled.

No need for brown envelopes this time, US will be happy with all the data that Thailand is supplying them via new immigration requirements :wink:

3 minutes ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

If I were the Thai people I'd be very suspicious of the Americans supplying anything 

Throughout History when either America or England desides t help anyone they want to take over that Country and steal any wealth that that Country has

So to all the Thai people I know just be careful and be prepared for the Americans to want to take over your Country and steal everything from you ????

Where've you been for the last few decade? You need to change the tense in your verbs phrases from 'want to' to 'have been'. Where was Rama IX born? Where did the B 52's and some fighter jets fly from during the war in Vietnam. Rememberrrr? Favors. While you're at it don't forget China and Russia. or are they not suspect? What about France? It was the Americans that bailed them out at Dien Bien Pho and then got pulled head first right into what some of us used to call 'The Suck'. Remember when they called it French IndoChina? My point simply is this. If you're going to paint a colonizer with a wicked brush don't change the color because the name of the country is different. No difference between any of them even today.

• Like 1