Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Banana7

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

You and emptypockets must be living in a parallel universe. Someone for god alone knows what reason reads from the profile I'm from Rochester someone then links that to Chonburi and now we got reference to gypsies in Maidstone and Chatham.

I give up what are you two barking about lol

Just having a laugh...join in before the police shut down the thread. Not even sure if its Rochester UK or Rochester  NY USA...don't really care either 5555...lets have some intelligent fun for once.

Edited by emptypockets

On 9/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, sniggie said:

I can add to this post. On one of my rare forays 'down south' I was out and about on Walking Street last night. Disappointed to find that one of my favourite bars, Crazy House, was closed. Went into a nearby one 'on spec'. I was the only person in there! Finally went to another of my favourites and the girls were sitting around doing nothing or dancing to the wall. I know it's only a snapshot on a low season Wednesday but it looked very quiet to me. Lots of tour parties outside, though!    

Do you mean crazy house , big boss dave , of only Fools and Horses fame , he was a character open 24/7 .

Those were the days ..

Sadly now , i am old and boring ,  met a lady bar , from Issan . RIP ..

Edited by elliss

23 minutes ago, Chivas said:

You and emptypockets must be living in a parallel universe. Someone for god alone knows what reason reads from the profile I'm from Rochester someone then links that to Chonburi and now we got reference to gypsies in Maidstone and Chatham.

I give up what are you two barking about lol

haha no idea where Maidstone is, heard of Chatham house rules....gypsies...that's Lord of The Rings thing? 

4 hours ago, Don Mega said:

good for you... after not being here for so long why are you still commenting about the place ?

Plan B , new wife ,  Pattaya is the place , new young stock daily arrivals, from Issan .. 

We are indeed blessed . Proud to be White,  with money...555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

Walking street was packed with tourists as usual tonight.  Lots of everything.  I would guesstimate maybe 40% were Asian couples/families or whatever who are not here for the girly bars and just want to look at the spectacle.  Maybe 10% Russian who are kind of like the Asians in that regard.  Maybe 25% East Indians probably looking for a group rate or something, and the remainging 25% single male Caucasians. 

I was told by someone I know who goes to such places that some gogo bars down there were relatively busy, like the ones with happy hour.  At least that is what I have been told because I would never go into such places myself, nope.

Oh, but looks like at least one of the two stages overlooking walking street, the ones that have the Eastern European ladies dancing in them, had a Thai lady instead (GASP!!!).  Clearly a sure sign of end times for Pattaya.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Tourism is good for every country. Importing elderly , relatively poor people is not so good. It may have made sense when Thaksin introduced the 50 yo thing..but that was a long time ago. Not so relevant now as many are finding out.

Thailand should stop complaining about how aggrieved it is with

all these white foreigners ...The Thai people brought them here ...
no one forced them !

I am for Thailand to introduce a tourism model like in Bhutan

And stop lamenting .

"In 2014, Bhutan welcomed 133,480 foreign visitors.[106] Seeking to become a high value destination, it imposes a daily fee of US$250 on tourists that covers touring and hotel accommodation"

I won't pay this but at least things will be clear !

Edited by jondoe18

4 minutes ago, jondoe18 said:

wThailand should stop complaining about how aggrieved it is with

no one forced them !

And stop lamenting .

"In 2014, Bhutan welcomed 133,480 foreign visitors.[106] Seeking to become a high value destination, it imposes a daily fee of US$250 on tourists that covers touring and hotel accommodation"

How does the Bhutan retiree visa policy compare to Thailands? I'm sure there will be many retirees looking to relocate to a lower cost country in a cooler climate. Bit off topic but not really.

Once immigration figure out the dodgy marriage of convenience scams it will be on for young and old.

Edited by emptypockets

1 hour ago, jondoe18 said:

Phuket has cleaner water ... but everything else just like Pattaya

Nah. Pattaya is bigger   better,  deeper,  more clubs, bars, G clubs  go gos, restaurants,  markets  better weather. Pattaya does not have an old town unlike Phuket But in general Phuket is for novice travellers.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

How does the Bhutan retiree visa policy compare to Thailands? I'm sure there ill be many retirees looking to relocate to a lower cost country in a cooler climate. Bit off topic but not really.

There is probably no such visa in Bhutan or it is very expensive
so they don't lament like the Thai people all the time.

20 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

haha no idea where Maidstone is, heard of Chatham house rules....gypsies...that's Lord of The Rings thing? 

Oh my Buddha..........

I'm going up Tesco's get a case of Stella and quit for the day.......By the way Sterling is up nicely ????????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jondoe18 said:

There is probably no such visa in Bhutan or it is very expensive
so they don't lament like the Thai people all the time.

The only people I hear lamenting aren't Thai people. Mostly older "gentlemen' of a very light coloured skin type.

The Thais will adapt..they do that very well a do all Asians

14 minutes ago, jondoe18 said:

Thailand should stop complaining about how aggrieved it is with

no one forced them !

And stop lamenting .

Bhutam , is fantastic , paradise ... First went there from Singapore,  some ten years ago . 

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

I sort of like the Russians in a weird way ...

1. A Lot of their younger women are top class eye candy.

2. Even when very drunk they are non-threatening unless you purposely wanted to annoy them. 

3. Their surliness makes even a slightly grumpy Brit here feel happy in comparison. 

4. Their lack of cash and tightfisted fighting over every last baht help to keep prices down. For instance the shops that sell make up and tourist tat plus the outlet at the Sukhumvit end of Theppraya Road are cheap and cheerful and thronged with Russians which is how I noticed those places. 

5. err that's all I can think of for now....

6. Once when I was walking back late along a lonely road to White Sands from Chai-chet on Ko Chang a drunk Russian motorcyclist stopped , picked me up and dropped me off at my hotel - and explained to me in very broken English - a lot of people hate us but we are just the same inside. I was very touched at his universal kindness. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Oh my Buddha..........

I'm going up Tesco's get a case of Stella and quit for the day.......By the way Sterling is up nicely ????????

Ahhhh...that explains a lot. I'm on my 10th, possibly 11th Dagon beer in Northern Myanmar.. 11pm here.

Must be jet lag why I'm talking <deleted>.

23 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Blimey just had a look come on 40 we know you can do it....

1 Pound sterling equals
37.99 Thai Baht

Yep referring to what I explained earlier in the thread Sterling was up against the Dollar but unfortunately the Baht gained some strength against the USD on the other side of the pairings

Fortunately overall Sterlings gain percentage wise was slightly bigger hence 38.01 interbank at time of post Friday

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Yep referring to what I explained earlier in the thread Sterling was up against the Dollar but unfortunately the Baht gained some strength against the USD on the other side of the pairings

Fortunately overall Sterlings gain percentage wise was slightly bigger hence 38.01 interbank at time of post Friday

bloody teflon baht .........

5 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Are you still trying to explain exchange rates?. Have a beer mate or partake of the drug of your choice? t will be less stressful and achieve the same outcome.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

No, and no intention of finding out. If the reports I read on this and other fora, and from friends still down there, I am happy to be out of it.

Of course there are places where the Brits congregate, or the Germmans, Nogs, Americans etc, but I personally am happy where I am.

And so are we...happy where you are! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I suspect many may be. Look at the number of newly married retirees since the 800/400k thing came in. Maybe that created demand will soak up all the ageing fatties in Pattaya and open some young hotties. Win win.

My God ... I hope that all possible resources will be directed

to this front ... including submarines !

50 minutes ago, elliss said:

Bhutam , is fantastic , paradise ... First went there from Singapore,  some ten years ago . 

How much is ST there? Where are the best Go Go? Any bars you can reccomend? Any Michelin Star restaurants? Whats the local food like? How much a taxi, motosai or tuk tuk?