LATEST: American fugitive captured after shooting himself, Thai wife arrested

webfact

Expect a book in 2059 on Amazon:

Thai prisons versus American prisons: a first person comparison

Preface:

A life of crime can be rewarding by sometimes you get caught and put away for a long time. So it's wise before starting off to choose a country for its quality, or lack thereof, of prison life. This book ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It was initially believed the white Mitsubishi was used by Sirinapha Wiset-rit and it was the discovery of this vehicle that lead to reports of her arrest, but that was not the case.

Maybe the first guy caught pulled the old DraglIne routine (see "Cool Hand Luke") and told the cops where to find them in exchange for some type of consideration.

Dragline: Luke? You all right? They got us, boy. They're out there, thicker than flies. Bosses, dogs, sheriffs, more guns than I've ever seen in my life. You ain't got a chance. They caught up with me right after we split up. ..............

Doesn’t sound like the type of guy who would shoot his wife or himself...

just the photo itself looks like total chaos...Who is the woman being held back by some guy in the background?

Are these actually policemen in the photo? Usually medical personnel control the scene once suspect Is disabled or wounded...Law and order it is not...

will never get the true facts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shady86 said:

His life is worth only to be carried away in a pickup, not an ambulance.

Anyway and sorry to say there are no difference of importance between those 2 -  in LOS ...

Edited by ttrd

53 minutes ago, colinneil said:

A lot of BS flying about regarding this story, this morning his wife had already been caught.

Now we are being told he shot his wife and himself, how was this possible if she was already in custody?

Never said just what gun he shot her with.  :cheesy:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, colinneil said:

how was this possible if she was already in custody?

this is called propaganda,
it was published she was caught already,
therefore she would let her guard down and relax,
and see, it worked. Captured already.

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

. guys a runner and a fighter i reckon.

And an Idiot !!

as I said in another post " "this thing is not going to end well for them, it is only a matter of time"

Only an idiot, intentionally  does something that will make things worse rather than better.

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I believe that the street term is "Suicide by cop"

I am not so sure. When the cops kill people who are trying to surrender they usually riddle them with bullets to make sure they are dead.  It is possible that Helmus did shoot his himself and his girlfriend to avoid capture and further prison but odd that both of them survived.  Perhaps he had the guts to shoot but not to kill.  If he wanted to die in a blaze of glory he could have arranged that by shooting at the police.  They had M16s which could have finished him off quickly and efficiently. 

At the end of the first video it shows what looks like a 1911 type .45 semi-auto pistol which would easily have finished both of them off, if aimed in a vital spot.   

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

And an Idiot !!

as I said in another post " "this thing is not going to end well for them, it is only a matter of time"

Only an idiot, intentionally  does something that will make things worse rather than better.

What can it make better if you was catched with 1kg class 1 drugs and you can get a possible death sentence or life imprisonment

Edited by snowgard

13 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I am not so sure. When the cops kill people who are trying to surrender they usually riddle them with bullets to make sure they are dead.  It is possible that Helmus did shoot his himself and his girlfriend to avoid capture and further prison but odd that both of them survived.  Perhaps he had the guts to shoot but not to kill.  If he wanted to die in a blaze of glory he could have arranged that by shooting at the police.  They had M16s which could have finished him off quickly and efficiently. 

At the end of the first video it shows what looks like a 1911 type .45 semi-auto pistol which would easily have finished both of them off, if aimed in a vital spot.   

Nowhere does it say his wife was shot by anybody

Love the way the cops dump the wounded woman into the flatbed of a pick-up, on which it is illegal to carry passengers, and a cop with an M16 slung on his back secures her with his arm around her neck.  One bump could accidentally break her neck and and an accident involving the truck could result in her escaping again, perhaps in possession of the cop's M16.  

I guess Helmus, who looked in a lot worse shape was also dumped in the back of a pick-up. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nowhere does it say his wife was shot by anybody

You are right. I misread the title as saying "...captured after shooting himself and Thai wife..."

But she did seem to be moaning when they put her in the pick-up.   Surprised they didn't handcuff her, if she wasn't wounded at all, specially as she has escaped before, rather than just putting her in a headlock in the back of the truck.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

so this report says ….. he held the wife and the other thai hostage before turning the gun on himself.

Unbelievable   !!     this movie has all the makings of a Gold Logie winner  !!

more popcorn please  .. ????     when is intermission  … 

.... no he held just his Thai wife hostage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowgard said:

What can it make better if you was catched with 1kg class 1 drugs and you can get a possible death sentence or life imprisonment

A self administered bullet in the head would have made things better instantly and allowed him to choose the time and manner of his own death with no further suffering. Al Baghdadi showed the way by blowing himself up with his kids. But to be fair we don't know for sure he shot himself.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Seth1a2a said:

Maybe the first guy caught pulled the old DraglIne routine (see "Cool Hand Luke") and told the cops where to find them in exchange for some type of consideration.

Dragline: Luke? You all right? They got us, boy. They're out there, thicker than flies. Bosses, dogs, sheriffs, more guns than I've ever seen in my life. You ain't got a chance. They caught up with me right after we split up. ..............

right, like a cold one boss

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Good news, you can run but you cannot hide from the Thai Police

they always get their man and woman in this case, BUT why can 

they not catch Red Bull.

regards Worgeordie

The answer is money.

• Like 1

Seems something went wrong with the plan, seemed so professional and accurate and then got a mess this easily. 
Should have hit for the jungle, away from people, for a few days at least.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 1