Unexpected result at CM immigration on Wednesday. Need help.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Plus they may have not shown "leniency" having only a few months of 65k when used for the extension

No. That is definitely not the problem. I think it is procedural. He gave no hint more months would do. And it makes sense. You need 800k or a proof of income letter. If your country is not providing the income letter. You need 800K. (I wish it wasn't so.) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chazar said:

get  used  to  it ,  its  everywhere  in Thailand from   small companies to big to govt dept's  i trust not a  word  they say on any subject.

You are right. I know better. I have wasted months in pursuit of something I would never be qualified for from the beginning. 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, BizMarkDee said:

Thanks. I think the 800K is what is required if you are doing it from Thailand. I still think you can get an OA in your home country based on pension. But I am not for sure. Does anyone know for a fact that this is true? (I think OA also requires insurance now.) If I can get an OA at home I might do that. But I might not come back. This whole experience and some other things has soured me on Thailand. I have been here 7 years. That is something I have to decide once I get there. I think I am going to spend a few months wrapping my affairs up here just in case I decide not to come back.   

If you obtain a new O-A visa at home, you will be subject to the new law requiring you to purchase Thai health insurance.  Went into effect on 31 October.  It's suboptimal insurance and overpriced.  

But to answer your question, yes, you should be able to obtain a new O-A visa using the income method.

Edited by TheAppletons
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

I think you are very confused. People are using the 65,000 baht method everyday at the CM immigration office. 

For an extension. I am convinced the officer is right. I need a proof of income letter or 800K. If my consulate will not provide the income letter I have only one resort. 800k. Now extensions are different. And he said so. He said I don't need a proof of income letter. I can prove my income through monthly deposits of 65,000 into a Thai Bank and a letter from the Thai Bank.

Edited by BizMarkDee
clarity
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

If you obtain a new O-A visa at home, you will be subject to the new law requiring you to purchase Thai health insurance.  Went into effect on 31 October.  It's suboptimal insurance and overpriced.  

But to answer your question, yes, you should be able to obtain a new O-A visa using the income method.

Thank you. And yes I knew about the health insurance. But not that it is overpriced and suboptimal. Thanks for that info. 

4 minutes ago, BizMarkDee said:

For an extension. I am convinced the officer is right. I need a proof of income letter or 800K. If my consulate will not provide the income letter I have only one resort. 800k. Now extensions are different. And he said so. He said I don't need a proof of income letter. I can prove my income through monthly deposits of 65,000 into a Thai Bank. 

for extensions the 65k a month seems to require "leniency" i.e. if you have less than 12 months, so even if you'd got the O the subsequent extension may have been a problem

14 minutes ago, BizMarkDee said:

For an extension. I am convinced the officer is right. I need a proof of income letter or 800K. If my consulate will not provide the income letter I have only one resort. 800k. Now extensions are different. And he said so. He said I don't need a proof of income letter. I can prove my income through monthly deposits of 65,000 into a Thai Bank and a letter from the Thai Bank.

I’d say an agent would be able to assist to have the condition waived in your case!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BizMarkDee said:

You are right. I know better. I have wasted months in pursuit of something I would never be qualified for from the beginning. 

You need to use the agency that charge 25kbht for your VISA extension, then there won't be a problem with no money in the bank.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BizMarkDee said:

Do you know of one? I am interested. 

The Colonel (directly opposite the  Cmai Immgr Dept)

Ask for Cindy. who i am sure will lay your cards on the table with intergrity.

Fees approx in line with other Visa Agencys in Cmai

but has Ample free customer parking on their door step .and a short stroll to the Immgr Dept

Very best of luck

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Langkawee said:

SE Asia ezy pzy for visas. Only Thailand makes it difficult.

I suggest you do more research on your comment. I do not find it difficult at all.

Also, several SEA countries have changed/made more difficult and expensive their Visas recently.

This being said, I hope it certainly is not everyone's desire to downgrade/degrade their golden years to a 3rd world lifestyle environment.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I suggest you do more research on your comment. I do not find it difficult at all.

Also, several SEA countries have changed/made more difficult and expensive their Visas recently.

This being said, I hope it certainly is not everyone's desire to downgrade/degrade their golden years to a 3rd world lifestyle environment.

Perhaps he meant applying there for here?