UK PM Johnson plans to block extension of Brexit transition beyond 2020

webfact

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I know you don't but I didn't expect any less from someone of the 'glass half empty' persuasion.

For me the glass is always half full, but with brexit at least 3/4 empty for the UK.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Not quite

The tax collected from Scottish Income Tax goes to the Scottish Government.

Thus if a person is liable to Scotland Income Tax of 21% then the Scottish government gets the full 21% 

Thanks for that information. I assumed that as all servicemen and women worldwide pay UK tax at the standard rate it would go to the UK Treasury as normal.

53 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The £ is sliding back down because Johnson has put a no deal brexit firmly back on the agenda. At year end you'll see it reach new lows when we actually do leave with no deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx250jmk4e7t/pound-sterling-gbp

"The pound is down again - around 0.28% - to $1.3094.

"Sterling has completely retraced the election night move now, with cable again taking a 1.30 handle. The abrupt shift is because Boris Johnson is said to be legislating to compel his own government to exit the transition arrangements with the EU in Dec 2020, with a deal in place or not," said Neil Wilson, chief market analyst at Markets.com"

The enduring inevitability of the no-deal Brexit still manages to induce surprise in some quarters. Amazingly resilient stuff, eh?

It is NO surprise that failing to get the EU onboard within his schedule, it will be walk-away and WTO rules time. The startled look on the faces of the erstwhile Remainer after Johnson chose to move his Brexit goals from speculative media headlines to enshrine it in the Queen's Speech is only so much fakery and pretense, even in the markets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Full umbilical severance has always been in the country's best interest & I ain't swallowing the gloom-and-doom any more than the public did last week.

Because you can't bear to think that Boris Cummings is a lying scumbag and that you have fallen for his BS for the last 4 years. I've given it to you in black and white. Up to you if you continue to delude yourself or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Because you can't bear to think that Boris Cummings is a lying scumbag and that you have fallen for his BS for the last 4 years. I've given it to you in black and white. Up to you if you continue to delude yourself or not.

Were you the No.10 doorman or butler...?  ????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Porkies make no difference to a decisive mind, nor does uninformed guesswork or unqualified medical slurs based upon nothing more than a continued 4 year failure to accept & apply losers consent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

This will never happen, because UK already sold nearly half of its fishing rights to foreign countries and will never get them back... and this has nothing to do with EU.

Just ask Google, or by example read this :

https://energydesk.greenpeace.org/2019/03/07/fishing-brexit-uk-fleetwood/ 

Of course it will happen.

There may not be as much as before, but it will happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Does that count for Scotland too....? Oh I guess not there they hiding behind the "once in a decade../ lifetime or whatever the English fil in there !

Double standards again , duplicity al around 

What on earth are you on about now?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What on earth are you on about now?

your quote " rules can be changed ".....but apparently only when it suits the English that's what I meant ,

BTW  the bill is voted , congratulations , now the real hard stuff comes to deal with ...  

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I took a once in a lifetime holiday to Florida a couple of years back - such a pity that I can never return. If only I had termed the holiday differently...

Hope you visited Disney Land .  What a life changing experience.

God bless America.  A welcome change from depressing UK .

Merry Xmas , my <deleted> ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I took a once in a lifetime holiday to Florida a couple of years back - such a pity that I can never return. If only I had termed the holiday differently...

So are you saying we shouldn't believe what a SNP MP says?

• Like 2