TM30 - how to register if owner refuses?

I'm a METV holder. I'm currently back in my home country but will be moving in with the gf who is renting from her cousin. No rental contract between themselves as they are family. Gf told her cousin that I need to be registered for doing extensions are immigration and asked her cousin for a copy of cousin's housebook & ID card so I can register myself on the immigration site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG. Cousin refused to do this. I don't understand what she's worried about.

How can I register myself? I don't see any way of doing it.

Someone mentioned it's possible to register myself as a tenant, but I don't have a rental contract as I'm not renting from the cousin. Is there a way of creating a fake rental contract to register on that website? But I think I still need a Thai ID card to register. What about using my gf's ID card with a fake rental contract between myself and the gf? Even though the gf doesn't own that condo at all.

Alternatively I'm still registered in Jomtien immigration as I was living there renting from a Thai landlord. Always did the 3 monthly TM30 and METV extensions there. Could I just go back to Jomtien to do another TM30 saying I just flew back in and am staying at the same Jomtien address and pretend I still live there and do METV extensions at Jomtien? Any way that Jomtien will link that there is a new tenant staying in the same property that I used to stay in?

Edited by bbi1

Shortly prior to attending immigration stay in a hotel that files tm30. Ask them to give you photocopy of tm30. Some people have been doing this with success.

I understand the owners attitude. Most likely not declaring rent etc and then your on the scene. Best not rock the boat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Shortly prior to attending immigration stay in a hotel that files tm30. Ask them to give you photocopy of tm30. Some people have been doing this with success.

I understand the owners attitude. Most likely not declaring rent etc and then your on the scene. Best not rock the boat.

Doesn't the hotel just enter those details through their computer into the immigration portal directly? If so, how can a hotel provide me a copy of that?

OP, your GF should be able to register for the online system as the housemaster/possesor of the property, a copy of the house bluebook and GF ID would be enough. 

Immigration act

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever 

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, your GF should be able to register for the online system as the housemaster/possesor of the property, a copy of the house bluebook and GF ID would be enough. 

Immigration act

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever 

Even if the GF's housebook is not registered in BKK but in registered in her hometown where she was born (many hours away)?

19 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Immigration act

not if the owner will not help by providing any docs. i would think the GF will not be in the house book, Thais are often in a book far away from where they are living

Just now, bbi1 said:

Even if the GF's housebook is not registered in BKK but in registered in her hometown where she was born (many hours away)?

Its the blue book for the house you are staying in, not the blue book for where your GF is registered. Its pretty straight forward, they want a document to identify the property and an ID to identify the person registering for the online system. 

When you are filling in the online system it specifically says what document to attach, it asks for property bluebook (or chanote) and the persons ID (Thai ID or passport), it doesnt ask for lease documents,the blue book where the person may be registered etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steve187 said:

not if the owner will not help by providing any docs. i would think the GF will not be in the house book, Thais are often in a book far away from where they are living

Yes thats right, but the online system just wants the blue book to identify the property, not to look at who is registered in it .

The online system wants the unique number from the BB.

Yes, if the owner will not provide any documents to do with the property then it would be hard to register, at the end of the day even the Thai GF will need some documents for the property just to get services like medicial, internet, elec, own a car.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its the blue book for the house you are staying in, not the blue book for where your GF is registered. Its pretty straight forward, they want a document to identify the property and an ID to identify the person registering for the online system. 

When you are filling in the online system it specifically says what document to attach, it asks for property bluebook (or chanote) and the persons ID (Thai ID or passport), it doesnt ask for lease documents,the blue book where the person may be registered etc.

That's the problem. The cousin who's the owner of the condo doesn't want to give her blue house book or her ID card. The gf's house book is not registered in BKK, it's registered in her hometown with her parents.

15 minutes ago, steve187 said:

Exactly correct.

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, if the owner will not provide any documents to do with the property then it would be hard to register, at the end of the day even the Thai GF will need some documents for the property just to get services like internet, elec.

The Thai GF had no issues in getting internet connected to the condo room in her name. Didn't need any blue book or other documents to connect a fresh internet installation.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

No need to bother with TM30 if you're on a METV.

If you don't extend it in Thailand, nobody cares.

I do need to extend always, that's why I've gotta sort this out. Bloody hell immigration makes life incredibly hard with all this nonsense crappp!

Edited by bbi1

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I do need to extend always, that's why I've gotta sort this out. Bloody hell immigration makes life incredibly hard with all this nonsense crappp!

the only benefit of any extension will be a 30 day extension on the final entry, this can be gained by a VE border run, or a overnight stay in a hotel ( one that does tm30 reporting ) the night before the extension, or get a friend to do the tm30 for their house/apartment etc.

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

The Thai GF had no issues in getting internet connected to the condo room in her name. Didn't need any blue book or other documents to connect a fresh internet installation.

I was just trying to give examples, even your GF will eventually have problems without at least a copy of the BB (even though she isnt in it).

Have you enquired at the condo office, many offices are set up on the online system and can report anyone staying at the block ?

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly. Been wondering why OP, needs attend immigration. 

To extend a METV by 30 days after the 60 day entry stamp. That's the only way I know that it can be done, by going to immigration and filling in an extension form and paying the 1,900 baht fee. Without a completed TM30 CW immigration in BKK won't extend.

Edited by bbi1

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Immigration police is always asking to report people who break the law.

Just call 1178 and inform them that the land lord is not reporting a foreigner at his address.

Did you read the OP?

The gf is renting from cousin. Brilliant idea to get family into trouble. 

There is no need to do tm30 unless you need attend immigration for certain things such as RC.

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Have you enquired at the condo office, many offices are set up on the online system and can report anyone staying at the block ?

Didn't do that as I'm currently out of Thailand but will be returning soon to BKK. Wouldn't the office still need the owners ID card and housebook?

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

To extend a METV by 30 days after the 60 day entry stamp. That's the only way I know that it can be done, by going to immigration and filling in an extension form and paying the 1,900 baht fee. Without a completed TM30 CW immigration in BKK won't extend.

Ok, understand now. 

Thinking best to have random hotel do a tm30 for you given the situation of gf renting from cousin.

Peter 42 is correct in my opinion. So many people have no understanding of the purpose of aTM 30. 
Staying in someone’s house is the easiest report to make because the foreigner’s part is to provide his personal details to the householder who reports. The affair is between householder and Immigration. 

Just now, bbi1 said:

Didn't do that as I'm currently out of Thailand but will be returning soon to BKK. Wouldn't the office still need the owners ID card and housebook?

No, condo blocks can be set up on the online system as the whole block, not individual condos. Juristic instead of individual when applying.

The owners ID is only required if registering as the owner, if you are registering for the online system as the housemaster/possesoer, then its their ID.

Basically you just need the first page of the BB, you dont even need the page that lists the occupants. Tell the cousin you need it to get cable TV on, or GF wants to go to local hospitial.

5 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

the OP can always choose the option for paying the fine at immigration for NOT doing a TM30. Problem solved.

How is the problem solved? Immigration won't extend a person's extension of stay if there's no TM30 done. Have you done that in the past and CW immigration just let you off with a fine when you went to extend your METV? If so, this is brand new news to me!!

Edited by bbi1

has your gf tried to register online?

the house number is not necessary.  unless the system has changed in the last six months, the house number is not a required item on the form.

my gf managed to register (in bangkok) with her id and rental contract.  no blue book, no owner id.

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

has your gf tried to register online?

the house number is not necessary.  unless the system has changed in the last six months, the house number is not a required item on the form.

my gf managed to register (in bangkok) with her id and rental contract.  no blue book, no owner id.

No she didn't try. There is no rental contract involved here. So the only thing my gf would have is her Thai ID card.

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

No she didn't try. There is no rental contract involved here. So the only thing my gf would have is her Thai ID card.

can she convince her cousin to write up a rental contract?  1500 baht a month rent, no worries about taxation.

otherwise she could try to register, upload some utility or cable bills that show the house address.  never really know what might be accepted.....

53 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No need to bother with TM30 if you're on a METV.

If you don't extend it in Thailand, nobody cares.

agree, i used METVs for years, i was never in any situation where TM30 was mentioned, to be honest i never thought about TM30's until i changed to Non Im O visa. though if the OP intends to extend each two month segment by a month it may be an issue?

• Like 1