Unable to access site

champers

Hi,

Today between 2 and 8pm I have not been able to access the site. I got an error message stating "too many connections". I access the site via an android phone. Is this a widespread issue and were you aware of it, if so?

Regards, champers.

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The TVF was suffering from a high fever, coughing and finally collapsed.... 

It was either that, or, the Thai "Fake News" police finally came after them...  :biggrin:

You might think those in charge, in today's kind of situation, would put up some notice on their general web page, Facebook page or Twitter page giving some indication of what's going on. But in looking in those places today, I found nothing!

Same here, Last week it was out in the US for over 24 hrs, I looked in the FB page , and not even a mention. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It was either that, or, the Thai "Fake News" police finally came after them...  :biggrin:

You might think those in charge, in today's kind of situation, would put up some notice on their general web page, Facebook page or Twitter page giving some indication of what's going on. But in looking in those places today, I found nothing!

A bit like getting out your umbrella after you're already wet from the rain, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If it's a sudden, unplanned outage, that's something of a challenge for "those in charge" unless they possess psychic powers!

Seriously, same thing occurred accessing from UK - so they had a glitch, fixed it and all is now right with the TVF world. :happy:

Support doing its job ????

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, champers said:

Today between 2 and 8pm I have not been able to access the site.

Neither could I. i just got on with my life and did something else. Fortunately i cleaned my keyboard and my PC wouldn't work.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VBF said:

If it's a sudden, unplanned outage, that's something of a challenge for "those in charge" unless they possess psychic powers!

Have no idea what you're talking about. In the event of a sudden, unplanned outage to the forum, any of the admins could very easily and quickly have posted a note on the TVF Facebook or Twitter pages, once the outage had occurred, advising of their status and outlook if known.

Those platforms would not have been impacted by whatever brought down the forum site today. And doing so would have at least told users that it was a TVF problem, and not anything about their personal internet connections, etc.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I still get:  "This Community is Not Available" when trying to go to the `View new content page` . Not on my laptop but on my android phone. Tried clearing everything and whatever trick which usually helps when a problem arises, but nothing works. Impossible to go to the new content page, on my android phone that is. It seems to be the only page coming up with the before mentioned text. Am I the only one? 

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Thai government sick and tired of all the Thai bashing and trying to shut the site down? Anyone knows where the servers are hosted?

I don't know if it's possible but ... thaivisa really has a very big bandwidth problem;
it takes many minutes for a page to load and very often I come across .. nothing ....:angry:

Yesterday evening around 6 p.m. and for at least two hours I had the image that evadgib shows us;
and this morning is extremely slow

• Like 2