Beach Rd. Foodland Closing!

digbeth

Foodland has seen their mistake, opened a small store in a dying mall. They recognise the error and cannot keep a losing business in operation. Simple close up shop and move on. Where will the next location be? Not where we think as we have no insight to how they decide.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 10:17 AM, dabhand said:

Only time I would use it would be to buy a few items just to get free parking at Royal Garden. Very few, if any, other customers buying stuff when I was in the store,so no big surprise.

some months ago I was charged 60 baht car parking, which I thought was strange as I understood it TO BE FREE CAR PARKING !!

21 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Foodland has seen their mistake, opened a small store in a dying mall. They recognise the error and cannot keep a losing business in operation. Simple close up shop and move on. Where will the next location be? Not where we think as we have no insight to how they decide.

theres been talk for ages of a FOODLAND to be built on Threppasit road, 

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

theres been talk for ages of a FOODLAND to be built on Threppasit road, 

Talk is really cheap here in LOS,,,,,,,,,,,,,when they build it they will come,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where is the question and the site you mention has not happened,,,,,,,,,,,when they break ground and open the doors then post the news.

Never understood the location, surprised they lasted as long as they did. 
Foodland in T21 are doing much better, especially their restaurant. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2020 at 7:35 PM, CygnusX1 said:

I think their prices are very reasonable overall, especially for fruit and vegetables and meat. They have an amazingly good range of stuff, considering the small size of the store - and still give out free plastic bags. It’s crazy that they’re the only supermarket apart from 7-11’s and similar in Jomtien, considering the tens of thousands of condos there. Might be an indication of just how many are empty, and of course Jomtien is a lot more seasonal than Pattaya.

Foodmart's fresh produce section has improved a lot, and the prices are reasonable. It's all on consignment, so there's no work for the store.