Brake failure! Warnings about removing shoes after car slams into power pole

webfact

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

A flipp flopp yeah but the pix shows different and they are strong.

Why didn't she steer out of the way, use the handbrake or slam into P. ????

Unfortunately the hand, or emergency brake, has unfortunately morphed into a parking brake.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

When i first came here and started driving i couldn't believe the type of footwear other drivers were using, downright dangerous but then later noticed my BIL, who drives a Yellow Bus, drives with flip flops on or with bare feet depending on what 'mood' he is in.  This is a man driving Public Transport that people would like to think is safe but he has other 'practices' too, like driving with one thumb on the steering wheel at high speed, allowing his two and three year old Nieces to be unrestrained in the front seats and drinking Beer while on the road every day.   Just another day in the life of a Public Transport driver !

I've spent the best part of fifty years driving and riding wearing thongs, or flip flops for the uneducated. And I still do in Thailand. I do wear other gear when the situation demands it, but mostly day to day is thongs, along with shorts and a tee shirt. Car or bike.

Well past the stage of what other people may think about me.

Couple of toes with some pretty bad grazes over the years which do hurt, from hitting the bitumen, but no big deal. Learn from that pretty quickly.

National dress in Australia.

Edited by emptypockets

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

they advise driving bare feet.

I have always driven in a truck/car in Thailand bare feet I find slip on footwear a menace.

Only wear boots on big bike, scoot no matter what.

15 hours ago, Scot123 said:

I had an old oz friend who had been a para medic who told me how he would collect severed toes after crashes where people wore "Thongs" or open toe sandels. Surley the that police should also know this and be advicing people not to wear them in fact advising them to wear proper shoes when driving instead they advise driving bare feet. Ah well they probably grew up driving scooters from the age of 12 with thongs or bare feet..... 

12? That's nearly elderly for driving a scooter.

Many I've seen are quite a bit younger and have their even younger siblings with them. 

I'm surprised their hands are large enough to grip the brakes, and perhaps they're not! 

As long as they are able to wind the throttle out I guess that's all that practically matters. 

????

...”These revelations were busy being sharedacross Thai social media”.

REVELATION;

Is a divine or supernatural disclosure to human or something relating to human existence of the world.

..Divine Revelation! ????