Number of confirmed Covid-19 patients in Thailand remains at 50

webfact

And let's not forget the 70 or 80 who have done a runner from Sattahip after returning from Korea

''The returning Thai labourers will be in quarantine at Sattahip Army house.

Satit admitted that 200 Thai labourers had arrived. Some of them were resisting the screening measure from the health officers and some 70-80 had fled''

Never mind Thai authorities have assured us that this is under control so it must be true...

Edited by mark131v
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Just a wild guess. I would think the cases in Thailand have to be in excess of a couple of thousand simply based on common sense.

Yes, really.  Approximately 7,000 cases in South Korea, Italy and Iran now.  And Thailand had butt-loads of Chinese tourists before all that.

image.png.04461225c556c2bfa9603a383e922580.png 

2 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Yes, really.  Approximately 7,000 cases in South Korea, Italy and Iran now.  And Thailand had butt-loads of Chinese tourists before all that.

image.png.04461225c556c2bfa9603a383e922580.png 

No garbage bins... no garbage problem.  No testing... no virus problem.  

• Like 1

Covid 19 KK Province.pdf

My wife got a LINE message yesterday, ostensibly an infographic from the Thai Ministry of Public Health, claiming to detail the incidence of Covid-19 in Khon Kaen province.

The 4 captions below the province map say (using my less-than-wonderful Thai reading skills so correct me if necessary) :-

0 risk groups - 19 amphurs.

Risk group less than 20 people - 6 amphurs. (=> 6 cases)

Risk group 21-40 people - 1 amphur. (=> 20 cases)

Risk group more than 40 people - 0 amphurs.

At a minimum, that suggests 27 Covid-19 cases in KK province alone - 54% of the total admitted to in Thailand as a whole. 

Is this confirmation that someone's telling porkies?

Edited by MartinL

Starting to hear about people being admitted from kids and their friends now. Last apparently an Italian guy who is the father of one of my daughters schoolmates. Next up I suppose the death counter will start clicking up.

look sheepies......forget all this flu non-sense.  heat kills the virus.

do you not want to help others???  how to help???  spend your money!!!  Especially now!!!  get on a bus, go to BKK, go to chinese museums and buy as much stuff as possible to help businesses in need!!!

I flew over BKK many years ago, and had no problems!!

if i could, i would go to BKK .....  but, ahhhhhh, well..... i'm communicating with aliens and that will last a few more months.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Thailand steady while cases around the world are increasing?

The Netherlands went from 1 to 250 corona cases in just 2 weeks. Thailand has been below 50 from 2 months now or so. 

• Like 2

My only wish is this:

Once the virus is passed, people should remember 

all the countries/individuals that put money before health,

that put profiteering before acting decently,

that put inaction before responsiveness.

34 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

My only wish is this:

Once the virus is passed, people should remember 

all the countries/individuals that put money before health,

that put profiteering before acting decently,

that put inaction before responsiveness.

Have any countries done this?   Most, including Thailand, have followed WHO advice.

Thailand only cares about money -  those who rule it - the wealthy families with business interests of hotels, supermarkets, transport services and their Chinese overlords care about their pockets only.  It is a country where lying is par for the course and mai pen rai is more commonly used than toilet paper.  Disease vectors from Thailand are showing up in other countries. It is one of the more leveraged countries (Australia perhaps beats it) to China.  Interesting times ahead....

This will make everyone want to move to Thailand. The healthcare must be amazing to control a virus no other country is able too. Three cheers for the Thai government and their open and honest reporting process. Perhaps the rest of the World should follow their guidelines and the virus would disappear completely overnight. (On paper at least). I'm sure a few hundred thousand extra deaths this year could easily be put down to something else such as Athletes Foot or Verrucas.

Edited by Muzzique
  • Haha 1