Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

some are being made with used ladies panties, the red ones are kind of nice..

this may probably be the only positive outcome of China and their Silk Road campaign 

Honey Birdette Rules Ok!

- (made in china)

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

some are being made with used ladies panties, the red ones are kind of nice..

1 hour ago, tifino said:

this may probably be the only positive outcome of China and their Silk Road campaign 

Honey Birdette Rules Ok!

- (made in china)

Judicious use of the comma would have benefitted CC's post,  as in "used" comma.

15 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Yes, relax... The Spanish Flu was just a flu... with a 10% mortality rate ????

But what the professor is saying is that actually-the mortality rate of covid-19 is the same as a bad flu.. 99% of Italian deaths from covid-19 were people that had some other health issue in addition to covid-19

15 hours ago, dode57k said:

I'm desperate to get there as it's my home. Unfortunately work in the UK means I'm now effectively trapped.

15 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Insurance companies have a clause which state pandemics are not covered under the policy. So when WHO declared the carona virus was a pandemic, the insurance companies were let off the hook for any claims. So how can one get insurance against the carona virus? You can't, plan and simple. So the Thai goverment is shutting the door without saying they are shutting the door.

I've read many pages on this thread, in order to avoid asking questions that have already been answered, apologies if I missed something.

My first take is that I don't think that the Thai immigration rulings are malicious, just hopelessly confused, inadequately informed and though through, and in the case of Covid scared as well. What would you expect from generals who have learnt little else than to march, fire guns and take backhanders ?

My questions relate to my situation which I expect is shared, in part at least, by many. 

I have to return to Scotland every 3 months for a check up, and generally go with my partner of 5 years (Not married for technical reasons).  She has 2 year ME visas to UK, I have a Non O retirement visa ME to Thailand, which is all I need. 

The question will they let her in (End April) is for me to find out from the UK authorities, although someone may know the answer. 

The question how can I get insurance as asked above is puzzling. It appears if I get insurance here then I need to stay here for a while. UK insurance companies are all dropping anything that relates to Covid like a hot potato. 

Can I get a new Non O visa without medical insurance (I know you can't with Non O-A), and will they let me back into Thailand anyway if I do get one. 

I try hard to understand this, and advancing years don't help. It seems the whole horrible mess of rules, counter rules, amendments and revisions -  that an inadequate and eternally changing department has made -  has turned into a machiavellian soup populated by sharks!

26 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

But what the professor is saying is that actually-the mortality rate of covid-19 is the same as a bad flu.. 99% of Italian deaths from covid-19 were people that had some other health issue in addition to covid-19

You are comparing the average over all those infected (flu) against those that have no medical preconditions and are younger.  It is an apples to oranges comparison and yet oranges still have a reasonably multiple over apples.  You are also not taking into account the strain of the virus (L type vs S type).  With flu if you are not dead, you tend to fully recover - that is not necessarily the case with 'younger' people with the SARS-CoV-2 virus (L or S).  Wuhan (mostly L) had a mortality rate of around 5.8% over all.  So yes this virus is a 'boomer butcher' but those that are not boomers don't come out of it unscathed.

It will stop some infected but not all, according to World Health organization:  Most estimates of the incubation period for COVID-19 range from 1-14 days, most commonly around five days.”

Here we talk about 72 hours, (3 days) many can still be infected but not yet show it.

The only way to stop spreading the virus is a complete shut down all over Thailand (all over the world for that matter) for 3 to 4 weeks, where all people stay home and they are only allowed to go and buy food and medicine, and in these cases wearing a face mask should be compulsory.  The only people allowed to work should be doctors’ nurses etc. and also people working in food industry and pharma industry. Then you might stop it, but a lot of small actions have little effect in stopping the virus.

Also it should be a crime to export face mask when there clearly isn't enough here

13 hours ago, Chicagoan said:

I'm not a "visitor" from the U.S., I've been staying in Thailand since January. I want to fly into Cambodia, turn around and return to Thailand. My question is if they'll hassle me to come back in if I return before Sunday? Of course, no one can answer this unless they were at the airport today.

From what I hear Cambodia is going by nationality not travel history, it is too difficult for them to sort out travel history given that flights aren't direct anyhow.

You might be refused boarding and if not, might still be denied entry

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nemises said:

And you really think that these valuable tests would be allowed for someone who wants to go on holiday, possibly at the expense of someone who has serious symptoms?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, madmitch said:

And you really think that these valuable tests would be allowed for someone who wants to go on holiday, possibly at the expense of someone who has serious symptoms?

Oxford scientists. What would they know.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/oxford-scientists-develop-new-coronavirus-test-that-provides-results-in-just-30-minutes/

Next.

Edited by Nemises
  • Confused 1

Does anyone know if they care if it's health insurance or travel insurance? Have to do a land border crossing Monday and I'm wondering if it's worth taking out insurance before then just in case. I haven't bothered with it until now because I have enough to cover any medical expenses.

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Excellent! Will help the country to keep away viral infections.

Well there will be some in uk now the pubs are being shut down searching for somewhere to get to that still has pubs going.

Just imagine how terrible it must be for them to think about staying home for a whole two weeks without getting plastered with their mates.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, heist said:

Does anyone know if they care if it's health insurance or travel insurance? Have to do a land border crossing Monday and I'm wondering if it's worth taking out insurance before then just in case. I haven't bothered with it until now because I have enough to cover any medical expenses.

I don't think you'll find travel insurance that would cover you and health insurance will have a period of time before coverage is valid, whether it covers COVID-19 or not.

The policies sold in banks have lower limits than those required under the Government's rules and I don't think youll have time to get a letter from your Embassy saying you cant fly home.

There will be many, many more people in your predicament.

You may want to post in the visa forum to see if any of the experts have any suggestions.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 7:34 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So here is the $64,000 Dollar question.  Where in ones insurance policy will it say "Covered for Corona Virus, COVID-19", Unless its a specific policy, another money maker for the MOPH and Thailand, a general policy will never include what sicknesses, illnesses are covered.  Maybe I am wrong, but I looked all over my Pacific Cross Policy book, and never did I see a named virus listed.  Called my agent, and yes your covered if you are sick and require medical care was the answer.....so there you have it, just my take on the COVID Policy.  I can sure see someone having a 100,000 USD HI policy and a medical certificate being denied entry because it does not say COVID-19 in the HI Policy......

That will definitely happen. It's not the best place in the world for consistency of rule interpretation. I have full top tier AETNA health insurance in excess of the 100k US that I've had for several years here in Thailand but I'd bet money on it that I wouldn't get back in with it if I ever left over the next few months or so because it doesn't specifically state COVID.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You are comparing the average over all those infected (flu) against those that have no medical preconditions and are younger.  It is an apples to oranges comparison and yet oranges still have a reasonably multiple over apples.  You are also not taking into account the strain of the virus (L type vs S type).  With flu if you are not dead, you tend to fully recover - that is not necessarily the case with 'younger' people with the SARS-CoV-2 virus (L or S).  Wuhan (mostly L) had a mortality rate of around 5.8% over all.  So yes this virus is a 'boomer butcher' but those that are not boomers don't come out of it unscathed.

That's interesting, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject but that doesn't mitigate the fact that the people dying from covid-19:

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/europe/1584600146-italian-research-finds-99-of-virus-victims-had-prior-illnesses-report

Moreover, average age of COVID-19 deaths stands at 79.5, study shows

are overwhelmingly the same people that would likley die if they got a bad flu, and bad flu's kills 10's of thousands in the US alone every year.

and almost 100k have already recovered from covid-19 .. no reason to think it stays with you forever ("you got germs") that's germaphobe stuff.

11 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

That's interesting, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject but that doesn't mitigate the fact that the people dying from covid-19:

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/europe/1584600146-italian-research-finds-99-of-virus-victims-had-prior-illnesses-report

Moreover, average age of COVID-19 deaths stands at 79.5, study shows

are overwhelmingly the same people that would likley die if they got a bad flu, and bad flu's kills 10's of thousands in the US alone every year.

and almost 100k have already recovered from covid-19 .. no reason to think it stays with you forever ("you got germs") that's germaphobe stuff.

At least with 'normal flu' they stand a chance of treatment.

The deaths from 'normal flu' will continue so your kind of post states that you are fine with the added deaths from Covid19.

Everybody and their brother staying home for two weeks would really slow down its effect giving health authorities a chance. It also delays things to help give more treatment time and the production of a vaccine without being up to your knees in dead sick elderly as is happening in some countries.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

According to one post -- "No big deal. According to TVF experts, no one wants to come to Thailand anymore anyway. The government should just impose a total ban like many other countries. "

What if you are happily married to a Thai woman or have other ties to this country.  I do not understand the forum members who are always negative on Thailand.  I was lucky to get into Thailand from the USA yesterday without the certificate or testing.  I will stay put for 14 days although I am not sick.  Why do not people understand that this can become very serious.  We need to come together at this point in time.

Edited by dode57k
Wrong quote

????????????

IF this is true, then the stupidity of Thailand's politicians have been confirmed by this absurd announcement!

'''Travellers to Thailand have to now show authorities a health certificate . . . They must also present an insurance policy showing minimum coverage for coronavirus of not less than $100,000.''

And from UK Insurance Companies:

''Insurance is there to help with unknown or unforeseeable events. As Coronavirus is now a known event, UK Insurance Limited, our insurance provider, has confirmed cover will not be available for this.''

8 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

According to one post -- "No big deal. According to TVF experts, no one wants to come to Thailand anymore anyway. The government should just impose a total ban like many other countries. "

What if you are happily married to a Thai woman or have other ties to this country.  I do not understand the forum members who are always negative on Thailand.  I was lucky to get into Thailand from the USA yesterday without the certificate or testing.  I will stay put for 14 days although I am not sick.  Why do not people understand that this can become very serious.  We need to come together at this point in time.

This is a good site for information but the comments can be draining. TV has it's fair share of utter tools. Use the ignore function and it becomes a much better place.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, GeorgeCross said:

your understanding is incorrect, health insurance is available without covid19 exclusions

Can you please give one or two companies that are offering this?

Thanks

On 3/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, Gweiloman said:

No big deal. According to TVF experts, no one wants to come to Thailand anymore anyway. The government should just impose a total ban like many other countries. 

'no one wants to come to Thailand anymore anyway'?

And yet Bangkok was the most visited city in 2019 surpassing London and Paris.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:31 PM, madmitch said:

I posted this in another thread. The Russians are still coming to Phuket, even charter flights are arriving as well as the two daily Aeroflot flights.

Karon Beach this afternoon

IMG_20200319_175645.jpg

IMG_20200319_175632.jpg

OMG!!! All these dirty foreigners. 

• Haha 1