Where to get Coronavirus test for travel?

They might get around to rolling them out in the UK, but currently only for healthcare people I believe. There was some clinic in London doing them for like 300 quid but that might have shut down. Do you have a pre-booked flight and is it still 'flying'/operating?

It is not possible to predict what the requirements to enter Thailand will be next month. Their latest action was to stop all flights into the country. When they start again it is unknow what the entry requirements will be.

Check here after the 18th to findout what they are. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 2

I think that acquiring a test in the UK within the next 3 months is wildly optimistic. The reason is that tests are in such short supply that the country cannot even test a small percentage of its own front-line medical staff. To give you an idea, German is now actually testing 500,000 cases per week and probably more now (that figure is at least a week old) whereas UK is testing a tenth of that, struggling to achieve 50,000 per week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Regain said:

No flight booked yet, but was wondering about a stop in eastern europe if thats also possible, and cheaper

Not sure what you mean by Eastern Europe (Russia,  Ukraine?) but all of Central Europe is locked tight. Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria. No flights in or out in the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

For a while, Amazon had a banner saying they were going to be offering CV tests "in conjunction with the NHS" or something like that. That banner has gone so I would guess that when tests are available to other than essential workers, we will be offered them again.

Personally I want to take an anti-body test when it becomes available.

Follow the news about the need for frontline workers to be tested - they're more important than any of us - that's just how it is, sadly.

32 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I guess that's what the OP means as he/she seriously can't be silly enough to think this year, but I would hope there's no need for Covid-19 tests in May 2021. OP, aren't you forward planning a bit too much in advanced? I would at least wait until Jan 2021 at the minimum before posting this question here.

It was someone else who posted the extended date. Not the OP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Regain said:

well call me an optimist, the restrictions will be relaxed by May, and if i have a certificate of health, im not spreading anything. 

economies will need to reopen as soon as possible though once we've peaked as the financial crash will kill more people than this virus.

You are aware that not even Thai have freedom to enter currently and those that are being accepted (only a few each day) are required to spend the next two weeks in government quarantine facilities.  Certificates do not mean you are not infected and they are well aware of that fact.

On 4/11/2020 at 11:37 PM, jackdd said:

We don't know what happens next week, so you will just have to wait.

Currently there is no way of flying into Thailand until at least 18th April, maybe they will extend this.

So they say. Yet I saw a Lufthansa A380 take off for Frankfurt on Saturday evening at about 6pm. Had a regular flight number on flightradar site. I presume the aircraft must have flown in not too long prior, and not empty. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So they say. Yet I saw a Lufthansa A380 take off for Frankfurt on Saturday evening at about 6pm. Had a regular flight number on flightradar site. I presume the aircraft must have flown in not too long prior, and not empty. 

Flights are allowed - pax are not unless exempt such as returning Thai and even they are limited to under 200 per day.  Most flights are canceled.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I can not even imagine how this will work coming from the USA.  Almost impossible to get tested.  Even on the news they say you may be able to get tested if you know you came in contact with somebody that tested positive.  But in general you won't know who has been tested positive, unless it was somebody close to you like a relative or close friend.  And then getting some certificate or doctor thingy.  And then getting that within a few days of your planned travel.  Hard to coordinate things that are not in one's control

Garbage.  You need to watch better news.

The US is testing more than 100k a day and will continue to increase with more labs, machines and faster turnarounds with each passing day.

I got tested last Friday, it was free and I spent 15-minutes waiting in my car before being pointed to my station for a quick swabbing.  Whole process took less than 30-min.  By Sat. yesterday, I received a call with "negative".  In my area In CA, tests are showing a 4% positive results.

Now getting a stupid health certificate would be likely impossible.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Regain said:

well call me an optimist, the restrictions will be relaxed by May, and if i have a certificate of health, im not spreading anything. 

economies will need to reopen as soon as possible though once we've peaked as the financial crash will kill more people than this virus.

I wouldn't call you an optimist. You would need a health insurance covering Covid 19 for 100K USD and will be placed in quarantine for 14 days to start if you get in at all. Bars will be closed for the remainder of the time. 

Edited by FritsSikkink

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

I wouldn't call you an optimist. You would need a health insurance covering Covid 19 for 100K USD and will be placed in quarantine for 14 days to start if you get in at all. Bars will be closed for the remainder of the time. 

The point is you can not enter Thailand period until further notice regardless of any testing paperwork or insurance.  Even Thai are not allowed free entry at this time.  What may be required when entry is again allowed may not have previous paperwork requirements - we just do not know the future. 

image.jpeg.844c2fda4ff4dabb99b910add8e9d671.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1