Free Electric?

david2923

just got our latest bill, its double what it was last time, even my wifes friends have been saying their bills are a lot more expensive this time as well and its not from staying in the house, they all. still go to work

On 4/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, ThailandRyan said:

With the kids Home and no school, and the GF cooking all the meals, the air con running, my bill just hit 8000 baht this month, last month it was 5300, month before 3200.......I need this closure to lift and if not a good size discount, as I am still paying school tuition for no school <deleted>....

I think you need to check your electricity bill.

Remind's me of an English couple living in a bungalow not far from my village, it was rented out by the owners who had a building opposite where they had 4 people working on ironing boards, I found the wiring from the owners house was connected to the English couple's bungalow electric supply therefore their meter high reading. ????????

• Like 1

Any help with the electric bill is most welcome. However, I have one question; is this an automatic deduction? Or does one have to apply for it? And if one has to apply, how / where does one do it?

16 minutes ago, Hotrats said:

Any help with the electric bill is most welcome. However, I have one question; is this an automatic deduction? Or does one have to apply for it? And if one has to apply, how / where does one do it?

The 3% is shown as a deduction on the bill. Just received mine this morning.

Edit:  The other reductions, as mooted in the BP, would certainly be welcomed. Not sure how they would be implemented on bills already issued. Maybe waiver the payment date and adjust next month's bill?

Edited by dabhand

My meter was read yesterday and I got the bill for what would have been the "normal" rates.  This means I would normally be able to pay it today.

If I scan the bill it says zero balance and the PEA phone app still shows zero balance; so, I'm waiting to what actually appears.

If the bill goes back to be the same as February's, that will be very welcome.   

There appears to be more "freebies"  working their way through the system   now 150 units of electricity free ( 5/15 meter if use more than 150 then pay )

and bills after March charged at March price  (assume they mean if the bill is higher than March)

the PEA app wouldn't let my wife pay yesterday maybe due to the above ????

Edited by johng

On 4/19/2020 at 3:02 PM, mark5335 said:

I read that it supposed to be a 3% discount on your electricity bill for 3 months.

Just got my electric bill 2 days ago.Up by about 25% <deleted>. Yes I see a 3% discount at bottom of the bill. Nothing has changed but bill up?

Edited by jaideedave

17 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Just got my electric bill 2 days ago.Up by about 25% <deleted>. Yes I see a 3% discount at bottom of the bill. Nothing has changed but bill up?

It's been very warm, if you use A/C then it will be working harder.

Meanwhile, working from home has pretty well doubled our bill due to running the A/C in the office lounge during the day.

Limiting the bills to the Feb/Mar level would be most welcome.

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's been very warm, if you use A/C then it will be working harder.

Meanwhile, working from home has pretty well doubled our bill due to running the A/C in the office lounge during the day.

Limiting the bills to the Feb/Mar level would be most welcome.

Limiting the bill is an interesting concept, but is it practical? Up till now, I've been avoiding switching the aircon on until I "had to".

Do I have free rein to use as much as I want now?  Surely there must be a limit on actual use?

42 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Same here. Only the 3% deduction has been done.

Bill increase was less dramatic than expected (still under 2000).

All those measures are on short notice.

I feel for those IT people who have to follow up quickly.

Just be patient, the difference to the February bill will be credited to your next bill (that's what the articles say).

BTW: the PEA smartphone app was overloaded once again.

Just now it came up the first time today.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

Do I have free rein to use as much as I want now?  Surely there must be a limit on actual use?

My understanding is that over 800 units gets a 50% discount rather than "free".

This article gives some  detail on the reductions.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/22/thai-government-gives-electric-bill-discount-for-three-months-to-an-estimated-22-million-homes-during-covid-19-crisis/

My uncertainty is how the months are classified. By end date or start date of the billing period? As most bills, I would expect, straddle the months.