Quarantine is a torture

MarkZ

1 hour ago, MarkZ said:

Exactly. Heart attack and suicide rate under this quarantine is much higher that deaths rate from corona virus. It is just absurd to torture people like that.

You think you got it bad.   Heck,  i was offline almost all day.....  did nothing .  

Now I come on this site and what the hhhh,   that vdo.  thing is poking me in the eye

every minute.   jeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz    what did i do wrong?

STOP !   PLEASE !     

ooops,  now i remember......... 

Edited by rumak

25 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I find the "my life hasn't changed much" comments interesting.

Some of us don't go to bars/niteclubs, go out late or are heavy drinkers. I don't notice much difference - perhaps excepts for going to restaurants. Cooking at home is cheaper anyway. 

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

Try living with two kids in lockdown.....full time job keeping them entertained and stimulated. One just lost a video game punched his tablet and then bit it and it is now officially kaputski. So stop whining.

We all dodged WWII, Korean War, hopefully Vietnam War, Falkland Islands War, and the Iraq War....except me as I was in the SAS...Salvation Army Sods....Yuck yuck yuck. So life isn’t that hard. We have hopefully all our limbs, eyesight, and hearing but no hair. Get a grip people.

Thanks for that cup of tea on the balcony.

23 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Some of us are not out late at night. We don't drink and don't do bars or pubs. Just living a normal life. About the only thing I don't do anymore is go to restaurants and I have lost 4kg in a month from eating better home cooked food.

Something else I achieved during the last week is to get a load of classical music and go through it making up playlists... right now 'Concerto de Aranjuez' is playing. Some things you just never get around to in normal times... My son is 8, and not going to school gives me time to read with him, and he spends an hour practising various skills - like arithmetic and writing - which is something I treasure having extra time for.

So I'll be counting the costs of returning to normal life probably as much as many here are complaining about loss of boozing time.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:51 PM, totally thaied up said:

About the only thing I don't do anymore is go to restaurants and I have lost 4kg in a month from eating better home cooked food.

Damn, what the hell were you eating before, piles of lard wrapped in bacon?

• Haha 1

Haven't really noticed. Been at home since mid February. Before that used to travel abroad every couple of months for variety. Nothing much out here in Thailand that I've got interest in anymore. Only thing that grates is kids' home school. Bloody full time job.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1