UK on track to become one of Europe's worst hit in COVID-19 pandemic

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, because those two completely ignored all the advice from WHO, UK medical and science experts. 

And unlike you, they aren't blessed with the gift of hindsight! 

thanks for making my day 555

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Where do you get this nonsense?

"England has become the most crowded major nation in Europe, official figures have revealed. The number of people living in England has overtaken the population density of Holland, which has traditionally been the most densely-populated major nation on the continent"

From your own link the population of the UK is 67,825,469, the area of England is 130,279Km2. 

For England to get close to the population density of the Netherlands the whole population of the UK would have to move to England and even that would be short of your claimed population density. 

Please at least check and understand the numbers you are re-posting from goodness knows where before reposting here. 

Monaco Monaco 18,960 2.02 38,300
Gibraltar Gibraltar (UK) 5,011 6.7 33,573
Vatican City Vatican City 2,273 0.44 1,000
Malta Malta 1,505 316 475,701
Guernsey Guernsey (UK) 955 65 62,063
Jersey Jersey (UK) 893 118.2 105,500
San Marino San Marino 546 61.2 33,403
Netherlands Netherlands 521 33,481 17,424,978
Turkey Turkey (European part) 473 23,764 11,241,000
England England (UK) 424 130,279 55,619,400

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_and_population_of_European_countries

None of those countries apart from England can be considered among the 'major nations' mentioned in my link and Turkey is mainly in Asia.

I got my info from the same source as you got yours. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Britain, has always welcomed genuine refugees. However, that has certainly caused considerable issues as is evidenced by the issues faced, in addition to corvid 19, that the more recent immigration numbers have caused.

That's not racist. But formerly, refugees, by and large assimilated well whilst retaining their own religions and many aspects of their cultures. They were grateful of being accepted - Jews, East African Asians etc. And quickly became contributors to society. More recent elements have had no intentions of assimilating, expect to be provided with everything they want and expect their culture and beliefs to be respected by the host community. 

More off topic xenophobic diatribe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More off topic xenophobic diatribe.

More left wing nonsense where any thing they don't agree with must be xenophobic, or another phobic. 

That's their in vogue way of dealing with the realities they don't like. Used to be simply lie but now it's denounce the messenger. 

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:
My post was a quotation from the Daily Telegraph. When they open this morning I'll phone them up and tell 'em some ex pat bloke in Thailand reckons they've got it all wrong.

"The number of people living in England has overtaken the population density of Holland, which has traditionally been the most densely-populated major nation on the continent. The count, which has been attributed to higher levels of immigration, shows England now has 395 people per square kilometre.16 Sep 2008

Right so you post something you say came from the Daily Telegraph and you think that absolves you of any responsibility for the veracity of what you post?!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right so you post something you say came from the Daily Telegraph and you think that absolves you of any responsibility for the veracity of what you post?!

Which ever is the most densely populated the fact remains that England and Holland are vastly overcrowded and over crowding is a major factor when it comes to spreading contagious diseases like CV 19.

13 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

When you compare it to Germany, England, France, Italy or Spain it's not a major country.

But it is a major country when you want to show how densly populated the UK now is.

BTW, compared to the US, China and India, England is not a major country.

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The reason the UK has been so badly affected by CV 19 is because it has one of the highest, if not the highest density of populations in Europe. England has by far the largest population of the nations who make up the UK and of those nations England has also been the most affected by the virus.

From the U.K. Population (2020) - Worldometer 

"England has become the most crowded major nation in Europe, official figures have revealed. The number of people living in England has overtaken the population density of Holland, which has traditionally been the most densely-populated major nation on the continent"

Thanks solely to its totally irresponsible immigration policies over the last 70 years.

But Yogi you said Scotland was not a country it was a region of the UK so that means England is not a country it is also a region of the UK.

Is the UK the most crowded in Europe?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So you link about a region in the Netherlands to proof that Holland and the Netherlands are the same: "This article is about the region in the Netherlands, not that country itself."

This would be the correct link, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands. "This article is about the constituent country."

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I did not say Holland was a major country. In fact it's a relatively small country.

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The number of people living in England has overtaken the population density of Holland, which has traditionally been the most densely-populated major nation on the continent"

Please stop your gaslighting.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The density being discussed is not an "intensive" property and as such pretty meaningless.

A huge, expansive country could have its population crammed into its cities, as many do, and its population density would be very low. A much smaller country, sparsely populated could have the same density.

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

I thought I was being clear, but obviously not....The wiki article states that Holland is a region of The Netherlands, thus confirming your statement.

I was agreeing with you!

PH

Thanks, must have been your first word in that quote that put me of the mark.

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

The density being discussed is not an "intensive" property and as such pretty meaningless.

A huge, expansive country could have its population crammed into its cities, as many do, and its population density would be very low. A much smaller country, sparsely populated could have the same density.

As an aside London is not even in the top twenty of EU cities regarding density

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Like, say Scotland...unless it is <ahem> a region of Englandshire.

Actually might be interesting to see the density of England ex-London.

PH

18 hours ago, baansgr said:

not to mention all the lefty students haveing booze parties with cuddles galore plastered all over Facebook.

Lefty students?  Priceless ????  It'll be the fault of the lefties that we have the virus in the first place no doubt.  And having cuddles galore as well ????????

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Phulublub said:

One of us is misreading this....the UK may be leaving the EU, it will remain as part of Europe.

The bigger - and much more important error is that UK recorded covid deaths at 20,000+ are ONLY those who die in hospital.  All those in Care Homes and the wider community are not (yet) included.

And YOU thought, only the Chinese gov. was not completely open to its citizens ? 

Just like the Germans, French, Dutch, British ONLY sum up those who 100% surely died in hospitals after a corona test. As far as I know, the Belgians are the only ones who mention: 75  in hospital, 170 in care homes, 2 elsewhere TODAY. The Dutch statistic bureau discovered the mortality is a 2000 /week higher as last year... 

But ... see it from another way: it clears up a lot of medical care costing old ones, make space available in elderly care homes, bring inheritages closer, makes pensions and retirements costs a lot cheaper, less obligations to visit the senile old ones for the busy, busy, busy youngsters, and geriatric care helpers available for other medical duties.

More cynical we cannot make it.

Maybe the British PM can ensure the first place by continuing to shake hands, ignore all special distance precautions, cancel orders for medical personal equipment and bring in some very wise conclusions from his US counterpart in the WH ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

And YOU thought, only the Chinese gov. was not completely open to its citizens ? 

Just like the Germans, French, Dutch, British ONLY sum up those who 100% surely died in hospitals after a corona test. As far as I know, the Belgians are the only ones who mention: 75  in hospital, 170 in care homes, 2 elsewhere TODAY. The Dutch statistic bureau discovered the mortality is a 2000 /week higher as last year... 

But ... see it from another way: it clears up a lot of medical care costing old ones, make space available in elderly care homes, bring inheritages closer, makes pensions and retirements costs a lot cheaper, less obligations to visit the senile old ones for the busy, busy, busy youngsters, and geriatric care helpers available for other medical duties.

More cynical we cannot make it.

Actually I had those thoughts as well.  A bit of culling never hurts the economy.  However as I am not in the first flush of youth myself I don't really want to be part of the cull!

The British government have been slow to include all the facts over the deaths due to the virus but they are now trying to catch-up and be more informative about it.

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Maybe the British PM can ensure the first place by continuing to shake hands, ignore all special distance precautions, cancel orders for medical personal equipment and bring in some very wise conclusions from his US counterpart in the WH ? 

I think Boris will be a bit busy for a while.  His bird has just given birth to a boy!  So that will be child number 6? or 7?  As Boris will never confirm how many kids he actually has it is hard to say.