How much money are you saving while under lockdown?

Brunolem

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

25 year old girlfriend leaves for home March 15. "Home" turns out to be some French guy

yes,  i always love to hear guys on here referring to 25 year old girls as their girlfriend. 

well, i guess in a way they are......  or were.   Also,  the older you get the more

sore throats seem to happen.   Something to do with age and immunity.

Edited by rumak

6 minutes ago, potless said:

And the lost time that can never be replaced.

Hey,  "we're all in this together" .  ( translation:  shut up and do as we say) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

So you guys don't use your aircons in the heat of the day?

Id be stuck to my leather sofa after 20 minutes of my air wasnt running

Have you heard shower? It's maybe located close your toilet! There come cold water normaly also.????

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

LOL, you feel she's hinting you're an alcoholic? If they are XXXL, that would be confirmation.

Funny thing is I barely touch the stuff. An occasional beer on a hot night is pretty much it. I just think she got a bargain at the street market on overstocked beer shirts

50 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Have you heard shower? It's maybe located close your toilet! There come cold water normaly also.????

Some people don't have hot water, but believe it or not I don't have cold water... except in the early morning. 

The rest of the day there is so much heat that my water pipes act as a free hot water machine that I can't turn off! 

• Like 2

Have saved a bit by not traveling, or parties.  Unpacked my keyboard and banged out a couple of tunes.

Main thing—with a higher USD, finally—I pumped in enough Baht for my biggest expenses this year.  Looks like those days over now—Baht up 2% on USD in two weeks.

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

30,000 a month.

I save about 25,000 baht per month by not going to gogo bars 4 or 5 timrs per month.

But i intend to spend a lot extra once the bars reopen again.

I have very ample passive income,at 69 and very healthy,its important to live well....

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Turn the lights off to start with if like my wife has to turn the lights on all the time everytime she walks into the room set your air cons to 25 degrees and close all doors, dont have it on during the day just open the doors let the wind blow through.

Our bill was over a 1000 baht less this month

Buy  a high level condo,close to beach,corner unit...for good breeze.

I pay 400 baht per month for power,consistently..

I dont use aircond...much healthier

Use a fan approx 10hrs per day.

Save almost my whole budget.

Restaurants closed, bars closed, bargirls absent, can't even shop a drink. My expenses are down to 10% of what I usually spent. So I save at least 50.000 each month and my liver is very happy ???? Maybe I will forget how to draw money out of an ATM ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I've got to be spending less ... probably using more Air Con but no eating out or take-a-ways.

BUT it appears the golf course will be open from Friday and MrJ has already said we are playing! ..a little plus is that apparently the Club House will be shut .............  So guess spending will be approaching normal again...................................

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

have decided that 2-3 days a week in the office is an acceptable risk. We're not exactly packed in like sardines and there are mask, sanitiser and distancing measures in place.

Do you need someone to carry your computer or tool bag? ????

16 hours ago, brokenbone said:

im not saving any, i had already stopped going out drinking,

and even before covid i had gotten bored of rice dishes at resturants

and the only thing i can eat now is potato salad and apple pie which is much more expensive,

also fell back to the damned chain smoking & cappuchino drinking

which adds another layer of fat & -15k balance sheet

I made an apple pie for my birthday, as i couldn't have the usual mob round, i ate half for my evening meal, i also drink ( yes it's out there) and smoke more, lecky more, wife can't work or her kids, none have received 5,000 thb. I help to support all, with no thanks from this government, in a few days after living here for more than ten years, i will have to report again for the umpteenth time, to do my 90 day report. thank you falang for supporting what we can't. do i hear that? no not at all. There is a lot more to say but i'd get 15 years

Edited by brianthainess