Thai government lists three types of business which will reopen first

webfact

I find it really odd that barber's shops are first on the list to re-open!  How will they cut hair from the "social distance" of 2 metres?  Do they have long handled scissors? And is having a hair cut really one of "life's basic necessities"?  I think not!  But then again if you are a military person, the command of "Get yer 'air cut" is forever on their lips ???? 

Edited by graemeaylward
Afterthought
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They should really be paying the 5k for 6 months+, opening massage shops but with no customers won't help enough

"massage shops but with no customers"

wait! I'll be there!  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not sure if anyone knows but the overseas parcel post deliveries has stopped dead for the last few weeks  and like a million parcels from overseas are dumped somewhere in " protection time" waiting to be proceeded...

Fake news. I have had two overseas deliveries to my home in Isaan within the last 10 days*.

You can't be so prescriptive about what's happening in these days of Covid.

Possibly some, maybe a lot are being held back and 'dumped somewhere' (OTT - sure you don't mean 'placed somewhere secure'?)

* Edit: To be fair - one of these that arrived was from iHerb US (online health-food store) was handled in Thailand by local courier (Kerry I think) and came remarkably quickly as usual. The other one I'm not sure who delivered cos my wife received and I didn't look at the packaging - may also have been a courier. Perhaps it is Thai Post doing the 'dumping'.

Edited by SantiSuk

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yes, I noticed, as 2 friends said they were unable to send international mail to or from Thailand, from Germany and to France. But I can't find any more info. Doesn't seem to be any official announcement.

And what about imports and exports? Chinese goods on Lazada?

There is no air mail between the UK and Thailand (I'll bet that means 'no cheap cargo services available' in reality) so the quote in Thailand is at least 2 months (3 months per my local postmaster). From the UK the Royal Mail website says, not very helpfully (or at least it said a week ago) 'expect delays'. I think you will probably find guidance on the websites of the relevant postal services for other country pair-ups too - it's not something that there can be an all-country embracing announcement for.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not sure if anyone knows but the overseas parcel post deliveries has stopped dead for the last few weeks  and like a million parcels from overseas are dumped somewhere in " protection time" waiting to be proceeded...

I have just been delivered from US products 9 days after my order!

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yes, I noticed, as 2 friends said they were unable to send international mail to or from Thailand, from Germany and to France. But I can't find any more info. Doesn't seem to be any official announcement.

And what about imports and exports? Chinese goods on Lazada?

My daughter posted a small parcel a couple of days ago air mail from the Uk no mention of any hold up,at the post office .

1 hour ago, OnTheGround said:

Of 20+ orders, only 4 orders arrived. Chinese owners told me in chat that most factories are still closed per 1 week ago.

To avoid unnecessary wait, lazada customers should order from local sellers when possible.

Quite agree. Always use the "Local" filter when searching. Much easier to return, and generally liaise if need be.

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My daughter posted a small parcel a couple of days ago air mail from the Uk no mention of any hold up,at the post office .

Don't hold your breath in expectation - unless it was a big courier company with their own planes (a la DHL) or the resources to pay the few airline carriers flying the route. Having said thta, I haven't looked in the last week to see whether the warning on Royal Mail website re letters still applies nor whether the Royal Mail caution also applies to Parcelforce. I hope you get lucky.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Thanks 1

I received 9 books through Thai Post during the month of March.  Each ordered separately, primarily from the UK and Australia.  I just emailed a store and received a response yesterday from the UK which said "No problem shipping to Thailand".  Also, the wife has received her Lazada orders from China.  Just our experience, yours may differ.  ????  

EDIT; I thought this may be true, but I just searched to confirm.  Cargo flights are being allowed into Thailand.

"
The ban does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian, medical or relief flights, cargo flights and any flights arriving in Thailand to repatriate nationals back to their home countries."

Edited by silverhawk_usa
Addition:

I love the advertisements of the guy mowing a golf course.  This "easing" is plainly aimed at commerce on a large scale.....the whole thing is ass backwards.  Places where you exercise to stay fit are much easier to do distancing than standing in line at checkouts wouldn't you think?

How about opening the GOLF COURSES.........putting them last is about the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of !!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They should really be paying the 5k for 6 months+, opening massage shops but with no customers won't help enough

There will be customers in massage shops before they go to a barber, why, because the massage customers lost  there hair years ago.   ????

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not according to a Japanese Professor it didn't.

No, Prayut's mates in the CCP originally and specifically told us it started in a wet market in Wuhan. They even referred to it as "the Wuhan virus" themselves. When it got really bad, they denied that and said it came from the US or Italy or whatever. 

That's all moot anyway because Prayut's mates in the CCP told us they don't even have wet markets in China. Let's hope after this is all over that Prayut continues seeking even closer ties to the CCP. We'd rather have another pandemic than democracy here, thank you very much. 

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The massage gals on Loi Kroi in Chiang Mai were getting aggressive prior to the massage shops closing.  Once they open back up they'll be clubbing farangs over the head and dragging them into their shops at this rate. To make it worse, the shops will probably raise their prices to boot.
Can't say these folk understand the basic economics of supply and demand.

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

My parcel is in transit in Suvarnabumi since April 14.
Waiting for a flight to Europe.
An other parcel, coming from China, is in transit in Beying since 2 weeks now.
Lucky for me, none are very important ......

hard to get international mail when Most counties air space is shut down. Thailand isn't allowing air travel so how do you thin this mail is going to come into the country? Fairy Dust Delivery or some thing. Use your head Mail can't get through when no way to send or deliver it.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah we know but most shops in for example Pattaya are 90% tourists

Actually there's plenty of local enclaves in Pattaya which 99% of tourists don't see and include rooms for rent, small noodle shops, mom and pop shops, hairdressers (some with shampoo etc., girls available) etc., phone shops, small karaoke bars with girls and boys, etc., etc. Their customers are 99.9% Thai and that's how they like it.

Edited by scorecard

On 4/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, whiteman said:

Also, the wife has received her Lazada orders from China  Why the Hell are you still buying stuff from China that started all this virus <deleted>

Because all orders from the US are now stopped dead in their tracks.  I've got an order that has been sitting in a DHL warehouse for over a month.  I know other with the same issue.

That's why people use AliExpress and Lazada.  Including myself.  Plus, I haven't joined the Chinese bashing that is the new sport among Western expats and their respective governments and news agency.