Phuket exodus to begin tomorrow

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

NOT allowed to enter Krabi or Phang Nga province with out covid certificate AND 14 day quarantine.

those that made it thru the check point are being ordered back

what a HUGE mistake on phuket government

40,000 people, no place to stay,no food,no water,no toilets.

Krabi 

they are sending some people to nearby wats an locals places but they only have places/food for 1,400 people  the rest.....

The situation is fluid, so I think it will turn out far from as bad as this post indicates.

But on who's plate is this, the previous (who I think is still active here) or new governor?

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The situation is fluid, so I think it will turn out far from as bad as this post indicates.

But on who's plate is this, the previous (who I think is still active here) or new governor?

That video is of the queue on Phuket to get to the checkpoint, not in Krabi.

correct,video shown is  lead up to checkpoint

Bridge now closed till sunday ( or....)

Any people wanting to leave the island by road must wait until at least Sunday (May 3), Phuket Provincial Police Chief Maj Gen Rungrote Thakurapunyasiri said this afternoon.

Officers stopped allowing people to cross the bridge at 2pm. It was not made clear who gave the order to shut down the state-organised exodus.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-exodus-halted-as-officials-overwhelmed-close-bridge-75923.php?fbclid=IwAR28ApLlo8_ts429Eohlm1PEy4D0g4mpH-QN8uXo-YCKmxWoDhcHxw5WTu4

All them people who have left their rented accommodation handed the keys back now nowhere to go just open the bridge and let them drive home and whats with having to go to the pu yai baan?

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

All them people who have left their rented accommodation handed the keys back now nowhere to go just open the bridge and let them drive home and whats with having to go to the pu yai baan?

The idea is that they register, and Phuket makes their home province aware that they are coming.   They will have countless checkpoints to go through on their way home, passage through which requires paperwork including medical certification.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:00 AM, Tarukhtah said:

@pagallim So if you register claiming to go to Bangkok, will you have to get stuck anyway in Phang Nga or let's say you can arrive till the province you said is your destination and do the quarentine there? You know that part?

As I recall, on another thread, you were investigating the possibility of getting a van or a taxi to exit Phuket and get you to Bangkok, however you might want to check this out before you do that, because a friend has just informed me that only Thai folks are allowed to exit the island – – whether this is true or not I don't know, but might be worth just checking before you set off, if indeed you still have that plan.

Just trying to help here.

• Confused 1