Help sourcing quality, fair priced motorbike tires.

StewB1

Looking for sales outlet for reasonably priced quality, new inventory motorbike tires.

Suggestions from experience anyone??

Checked Lazada and the local Honda Dealer but prices seemed high.

Thanks in advance ????

10 minutes ago, StewB1 said:

Wrong Forum.

Got mine from Bkk because of special size.

What Honda is it Wave, Scooter or Motorcycle.?

Where are you situated.?

22 hours ago, StewB1 said:

Looking for sales outlet for reasonably priced quality, new inventory motorbike tires.

Checked Lazada and the local Honda Dealer but prices seemed high.

Thanks in advance ????

insufficient data to process your request. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I have never understood why bike tyres are so expensive.  Rear tyre this year for my Forza 2580 B.   Tyres for my Vios 1300 B each.

I thought they were cheap, i just bought 2 IRC for my Honda Click 1750 baht. Good bicycle tyres are more expensive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I thought they were cheap, i just bought 2 IRC for my Honda Click 1750 baht. Good bicycle tyres are more expensive

That’s not that cheap could get better quality for cheaper price....off coarse add on 50 to 100 bht to get them fitted.845C711B-1320-4C0D-999F-39A1EBC42E5C.thumb.png.7e3871d8ec802f34bc06a93cc5e163c2.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, taninthai said:

That’s not that cheap could get better quality for cheaper price....off coarse add on 50 to 100 bht to get them fitted.845C711B-1320-4C0D-999F-39A1EBC42E5C.thumb.png.7e3871d8ec802f34bc06a93cc5e163c2.png

I wanted the original IRC and buy them and they fit there and then, not online and wait for delivery and fitting wherever. Only 100+ baht difference. You can pay 2,000 baht for good quality road bicycle tyres

Well we found a local shop who provided a good better best offer.

They opted for the IRC's at 1950.

In retrospect would have waited and picked up a set of Michelin City Grips like the previous post shows. The pair would have been less than the IRC single rear tire. 

Thanks for the input everyone ....... and glad its not my wallet????

• Haha 1

Unlike car tires, there are more factors to consider when manufacturing motorcycle tires. With less tire contact on the ground, a much better quality of material is needed to make sure the motorcycle doesnt lose traction. Most tires are also made of a combination of compounds; soft compound on the side for better cornering and hard compound on the center for longevity. 

But I think a 3000 baht set of front and rear good quality tires that will last for 2-3 years is not that actually expensive.