Which Bands or Artist have you seen live?

The Stones, Gene Vincent, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Tom Waits, Joe Jackson, The Eagles, The Pretenders, Elton John, Georgie Fame, The Pointer Sisters. Without a doubt the most memorable was Joe Jackson.

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In order, Beatles, Stones, Cream, Genesis, Phil Collins (solo Tour,) Kyle sexy as hell, West life (yes, I know, his one was my kids and was a big mistake )

Seen many - Deep Purple, AC DC, Ozzy, Dio, ZZ Top, Jethro tull, Jimmy Page, Alice Cooper ... etc etc but the last one i saw in the UK before coming to Thailand and staying was Nick Cave in a small little theatre in Bristol - 2005. My kid brother took me as a farewell present. Best live performance ive ever seen.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Individual Concerts include amongst others:

Procol Harum

Prince

Bowie

Queen

The Stones

Talking Heads

Debbie Harry

Iggy Pop

The Cure

Madness

The Smiths

Bauhaus

Handsworth Revolution 

The Human league

The Jam

Steve Earl

U2

Simple Minds

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Kid Creole and the Coconuts

The Human League

Del Amitri

The Hot House Flowers

Nena

Paulo Conte

Talk Talk

The Proclaimers

The Black Keyes

Mary Gauthier

Oh, and that glam rock guy we don’t talk about.

At festivals, I’ve lost count.

If you saw me now you may not believe this ,but i once told Bowie ,"to stop playing that bloody guitar we cant hear the records " in my landladys kitchen at a party (she was an actress) he was not very well known ,it was a good night,one of many ,i also slept with Cliff Richards pr girl or something like that she did for him ,one of many many great partys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

,Stones ,Tom Jones Animals , Hendrix ,The Who ,Small Faces ,Beatles ,the list goes on and on ,i saw so many when they were young like me and they were not well known ,saw Hendrix in a club under a bar in Golders Greeen when he was unknown ,met quite a few at parties in the swinging 60s in London ,oh the tales i could tell ,it was great being young ,mind you the old fart i see in the mirror is still a happy chappy.

When I was a young airman, 64/65 time, we used to go to the one night stands at the Adelphi in Slough and saw most of the names on the go at the time. The California in Dunstable was also another popular venue and was stood next to Tom Jones one night at the bar.

I had an aunt in London and a couple of times went with my cousin to a club in Wardour Street, normally jazz but "Blues" on a Sunday afternoon, Marquee?, saw the Stones there before they hit the big time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

When I was a young airman, 64/65 time, we used to go to the one night stands at the Adelphi in Slough and saw most of the names on the go at the time. The California in Dunstable was also another popular venue and was stood next to Tom Jones one night at the bar.

I had an aunt in London and a couple of times went with my cousin to a club in Wardour Street, normally jazz but "Blues" on a Sunday afternoon, Marquee?, saw the Stones there before they hit the big time.

I saw Debbie Harry years ago at The California,and in the early sixties met Tom Jones when he was Tommy Scott and his group were the senetors ,they used to drag a coffin on stage at the start of their gig my father used to book groups ,then i went up to London in the mid 60s, and really had a blast .

Michael Jackson

Black Sabbath

Cocktail Twins

Melanie

Supertramp

Chuck Berry (he was awful)
Little Richard (he was great)
Jerry Lee Lewis (he was drunk)
Alex Harvey

+ loads at Glastonbury (Tom Jones etc.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Scorpions

Had a pal who was a big-time metal head.  When he was 40-ish he got to see The Scorpions, probably at Oakland Coliseum.  Afterwards he announced his retirement: "I saw the Scorpions, it was like a religious experience, you can't top that, no more concerts for me." 

I got the impression he realized that he and the missus were in the top 5 percent of the eldest people present and it made him uncomfortable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

When I was stationed in Bahrain in the early 70s ENSA as it used to be called sent out a group of entertainers who consisted of Marty Wilde, Wee Willie Harris and the Vernon Girls.

Lucky you

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Scorpions, in Bangkok in MBK about 1996. Everybody was sitting. I had a press card at that time and I was in front of the first row. ????

scorpions.jpg

I had a press card too from KSR. I never saw them but remember how big they were in Thailand

I did this recently for a Facebook thing to list a band for each letter of the alphabet you've seen live.

The band I seen the most times was probably Deep Purple, around 6 or 7 times. Could also have been Status Quo but Ritchie Blackmore was my hero.

The worst band I seen were Egg who got boo'd off the stage at Glasgow Apollo.

THe biggest surprise band were very early Genesis before they were known at all.

Most memorable gig was Pink Floyd Pulse at Earls Court. The bus run home sftae the concert to Glasgow was also memorable.

A- Argent, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, The Almighty
B- Bad Company, Biffy Clyro, BB King, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Black Sabbath, Blue Nile, Beggars Opera, David Bowie, B-52’s, Big Country, Blues in Trouble
C- Ry Cooder, Glenn Campbell, Celine Dion
D- Deep Purple, Dire Straights
E- Egg, Eagles, Earth Wind and fire
F- Fats Domino, Free
G- Genesis, Groundhogs, Peter Gabriel, George Thoroghgood, Rory Gallagher
H- Heads, Hands and Feet, Hall & Oates, Hawkwind, Huey Lewis and the News, Ian Hunter, Muse
I- Ian Gillan, Ice House
J- Jeff Beck, Jethro Tull, Joe Walsh, Jean Michel Jarre
K- Kraftwerk, Mark Knopfler
L- Led Zeppelin
M-Moody Blues, Motorhead, Mott the Hoople
N- Nazareth
O- Ozzy Osbourne
P- Robert Plant, Plant and Page, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Pink Floyd
Q- Status Quo
R- Chris Rhea, Rainbow
S- Paul Simon, Peter Frampton, Phil Collins, Shakin Stevens, Shania Twain, Simple Minds, Joe Satriani
T- Ten Years After, Thomson Twins, Tina Turner, Travis
U- Uriah Heep, Ultravox
V- Van der Graf generator
W-Wishbone Ash
X-
Y- Neil Young, Yes
Z-

Anybody seen X Ray Spex and Zombies??

I really miss live music.

• Like 2