Thailand tourist arrivals may fall by as much as 65% in 2020 due to virus outbreak

snoop1130

14 hours ago, misterjames said:

This is a good thing in my opinion Thailand has been treating foreigners really badly for a while now. we have been forced to put up with increasing xenophobia in recent years along with an increase in crazy immigration rules that have made many feel unwelcome and quite frankly making Thailand not as attractive as it used to be as a hassle free tourist destination.

Lets hope that when less of tourists show up this year they will be humbled a bit and realise that they will need to be more fair in order to win the tourists back I'm hoping that in their absence they will begin to see the benefits that foreigners bring more clearly.

Don't hold your breath...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tonysilly said:

More people die on the 3 days of songkron every year  ;( 

still want to believe the Government now don't you, such a shame.....a mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Most countries affected by the Virus are asking their people to holiday at home to help

rebuilding the economy, so it's more likely 75% + that Thailand should expect the arrival

of visitors on its soil.

• Like 1

Now some numbers is from place where sun not shine! Here have arrive 39.8 million tourist last year and they have left here 59.89 billion $!

So only Donald and hes friend visit in LOS! Or my college has too long time and i don't know how count nomore!

15 hours ago, misterjames said:

This is a good thing in my opinion Thailand has been treating foreigners really badly for a while now. we have been forced to put up with increasing xenophobia in recent years along with an increase in crazy immigration rules that have made many feel unwelcome and quite frankly making Thailand not as attractive as it used to be as a hassle free tourist destination.

Lets hope that when less of tourists show up this year they will be humbled a bit and realise that they will need to be more fair in order to win the tourists back I'm hoping that in their absence they will begin to see the benefits that foreigners bring more clearly.

I think you are confusing tourist with people staying long term, what changes to the ability of a tourist to stay the usual 2 weeks has been emplimented. 

3 hours ago, Greg O said:

The answer is on the dartboard...there can't be any rational explanation .

They banned playing darts without a license (there is no license) as it is seen as a form of gambling. Same as playing Bridge. Same as those fluffy toy crane arcade things that kids like. When you think about it, most things are banned in Thailand. It's just that the bans are rarely enforced because they're so stupid.

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

TAT "Come visit Thailand, we offer competitive health care and 14 day quarantine" or "Thailand, the home of the vanishing Covid, free mask included with Immigration Stamp"

TAT Small print

*Note.  In addition to the 14 day Thai quarantine period tourists may be subject to a further 14 days quarantine on their return to their home country. Please allow 28 days additional quarantine time to any 7 day holiday you may plan.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

still want to believe the Government now don't you, such a shame.....a mind is a terrible thing to waste...

If the death toll has been high, why haven't we read about it on social media? Locals would be crying out about the numbers they know who have been affected and/or died and be ridiculing the official figures.

Ask any Thai you or your family (if you have one in Thailand) knows if anyone personally knows of anyone who has had the virus. Then come back to us. Your 'survey' would be interesting. My own experience with my family and those they know is that the number is zero.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

My wife's cousin works as a doctor in the hospital. She has been instructed not to test people for Covid 19 even if they show the symptoms and to put any cause of death down as a result of Pneumonia, heart failure or similar. Anything but Covid 19. The hospital is experiencing three time the number of deaths than they would normally expect at this time of year.

If she does not comply then she will lose her job and she could face prosecution. Staff are both fearful of catching it and fearful of speaking out for fear of the repercussions. 

Problem is that going forwards overseas governments will place restrictions on people travelling to countries where they are not being honest about what is really happening,

There is a big fear that a second wave will come with people returning from places like Thailand. We have seen what has happened in South Korea in a single nightclub. We are walking on thin ice here and an honest country where lockdowns have been eased will take tough measures to make sure it does not come back in from the outside.

All these lies will come back to haunt Thailand. Given the effect on peoples jobs and livelihoods, citizens from these place will most likely opt for a holiday in a country where the truth is being told and where the quarantine on return will not be required. 

Dont you think that might be quickly spotted?

59 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They banned playing darts without a license (there is no license) as it is seen as a form of gambling. Same as playing Bridge. Same as those fluffy toy crane arcade things that kids like. When you think about it, most things are banned in Thailand. It's just that the bans are rarely enforced because they're so stupid.

Needs to be that way or the place would really collapse.....

4 hours ago, Greg O said:

Where is this so-called second wave going to come from exactly ?Can't possibly be by sea as the beaches are closed. There are still a couple hundred hookers ( I mean hostesses ) being repatriated this week from UAE but they've already been quarantined and tested and fully certified grade A....then quarantined another 14 days on arrival. Darn, forgot what I was rambling about ...Oh yeah second wave will come from China when they allow flights from China to resume...then what ? 

They dont care as long as the short term cash flows...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Don Mega said:

hahahahahahahahahahaha so 2 cups from a bag that costs 2b........ and complains............. is that taking cheap charlie to a new level ?

Funny how a topic on visitor numbers can turn into 2 dipsticks arguing over cups of tea. You couldn’t make it up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonysilly said:

Again with the negative artical I guess you are smart guy?? No tourist?? How about 99% no tourist.  Thank you corona!!!

Thailand will come back strong if everyone stay positive and work hard to keep prices cheap and customer service good.  You need help ?? Contact me  ????

Work hard?  ahh just ate 5 times today, need a nap on my bike..  power up so I can meet up with my likewise friends for a whiskey sesion..

1 minute ago, Caine said:

Funny how a topic on visitor numbers can turn into 2 dipsticks arguing over cups of tea. You couldn’t make it up.

Your easily aroused if you think that was arguing.

• Haha 1