Thai Chana does not violate personal data

snoop1130

• Thai Chana does not violate personal data

BANGKOK(NNT) - The government’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) insists that the Thai Chana platform does not access users’ personal data.

The CCSA Spokesman, Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, said today the government has not permitted beauty salons to provide hair care services for longer than two hours. They are only allowed to wash, dry and cut a customer’s hair. Entrepreneurs failing to comply will first receive a warning from the government. If they continue to disregard public health guidelines, they will be instructed to close their businesses until they can fully comply with the requirements.

Non-complying salons will receive a warning. The government knows for sure that some are not complying, and plans to warn them. The government will also know if they continue to disregard guidelines, and then will shut the salons down. How can the government know this? Well, they could do a massive search of the personal data collected by the app on everyone, and of the thousands of businesses registered, filter out the data just on hair salons. No, that can't be it, the first sentence of the OP claims the app is safe and the government will never use the personal data collected by it. Trust us! Just trust us totally! We would never lie to you!

Wait, no, I know: the government will hire some of the poor people thrown out of work to hold a stopwatch in every hair salon in the country, reporting violators. Yeah, that's got to be it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bodga said:

That  would be the unelected govt the ones who said there would be no  coup, yeah, I think I remember them. I for  one am not going into any place asking for my details no matter if its  a  few  months or all year, they can go shove it right up their jacksies!

That's your right. Don't want to register, don't use the services. 

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Seriously, some people need to take off the tin foil hats. This is nothing more than giving your name and contact details (the whole reason you have a phone in the first place) so that you can be contacted if turns out a covid positive person was at the mall at the same time you were there. There is no conspiracy, there is no real time tracking, there is no access to your personal data beyond your phone/LINE number.

You give away more personal details and location information when you get a pizza delivered.

The irony is, its probably the most at risk, over 50, overweight, pre-existing medical condition etc, who dont want to be contacted if they were exposed to the virus.

Well said, and these same people are openly discussing this topic on public Facebook profiles???????????? with their every movement, dob, phone number, work history birthplace, current residence, family members and friends etc etc for the whole world to see...

• Like 1

But this government, just like many others, lie all the time, my and lots of others default position, is to believe that whatever they're saying, the opposite is true. So do you trust this government?

• Like 1

Not saying one way or another, but here is a screenshot from a Reddit user that took a technical look into the Thai Chana app/process:

TLDR:  The only thing that is stored is a cookie with your encrypted phone number, and there were only common libraries used to program process.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-19 at 08.27.28.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

And also there's no English on this app, so how do we know whats going on with it?

Press the green button, there isnt much more to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Contacted, and then what? Will this just be a friendly warning? Or will they insist you self isolate for 14 days under virtual house arrest? Or will you have to go to a hospital to pay for tests and/or a few days stay under observation?

I have no idea what the answers are to those questions. Therefore my custom will go to establishments that do not require me to queue for several minutes, shoulder to shoulder with potential COVID carriers to be scanned in and out. 

Yes, it probably would be a self isolation, that is how the pandemic is being managed all over the world, if you have a possible exposure you self isolate, sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck finding a shopping mall that isnt doing the check-in, all shopping malls are doing the scan in/out, its part of the conditions to re-open.

5 hours ago, bodga said:

That  would be the unelected govt the ones who said there would be no  coup, yeah, I think I remember them. I for  one am not going into any place asking for my details no matter if its  a  few  months or all year, they can go shove it right up their jacksies!

Me too I'll tell them no have phone

2 hours ago, zyphodb said:

And also there's no English on this app, so how do we know whats going on with it?

Might be just as well if the information is stored on the Amazon Cloud as the yanks will have access to it.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Good.

Now do something about the <deleted> BTS.  The operator is shirking responsibility by not adding any trains while taking away half the seats.  This just forces people to stand closer to each other aside from the 4 people that get to sit.  Idiotic. 

Government needs to force the Bangkok Mass Transit System to put more trains on the track to make social distancing even remotely possible.

can not be done.....not enough tracks for more trains and probably NOT enough drivers, etc....

Yes they want your contact details only, and they will track you to see if you were near someone with Covid. Fair enough but they can track you if you were near a red shirt protest and arrest you too. 

If anyone really trusts the government I have a bridge you will want to buy at a reasonable price. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, it probably would be a self isolation, that is how the pandemic is being managed all over the world, if you have a possible exposure you self isolate, sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck finding a shopping mall that isnt doing the check-in, all shopping malls are doing the scan in/out, its part of the conditions to re-open.

Yes, 2 weeks isolation even though I might not have been within 20 metres of the individual. What a waste of 2 weeks of my life.

I won't be looking for a shopping mall that isn't doing check ins. I will just avoid all shopping malls until this nonsense is done. I don't particularly enjoy shopping anyway so it's no skin off my nose. I'll use local shops or shop online for essentials.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Taweesin said the Thai Chana platform is intended to help limit the spread of COVID-19. The system does not access people’s private information. The registered data will only be used to help contain the disease. Furthermore, the information will remain in the database for 60 days before being deleted. If no infection is reported, members of the public do not have to be concerned because the government will protect their personal information and will not use it for any other purpose.

Is that a contradiction?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) insists that the Thai Chana platform does not access users’ personal data.

Of course not.

Litlle surprised all you moaners even have a mobile phone as the moment you do you are tracked

On a side issue about "rights" they say this is why no mufti cops on the road as it infringers on peoples rights, just a load of <deleted>