Bangla nightlife president blasts bar reopening rules

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Same has been mentioned for UK English pubs, but they wont be ready with a QR code system for 25 months at least.  Meantime M Mouse and D Duck, etc., will be swilling away happily.

I wouldn't bet on QR codes for English pubs being that far in the future. I'll be using a false name and my own mobile number, can't remember the new one 555

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2long said:

I get the feeling that this dumb government 'secretly leak' these things deliberately to gauge public opinion, and then they can make amendments in time. Also, then they can pretend that they're the good guys by not inflicting what had been threatened.

They very very rarely change course from their plans no matter how dumb.....At best the rules are just conveniently forgotten like riding in the back of pickups.....At worst not one bit changes ever like the O-X visa..

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Wonder if the wife will be able to look at the history on the app.......

No as you can use the website and not the app. Its really easy to use. Of course most paranoid foreigners don't want to use it thinking they are "special". 

So bored with all the foreigners who think they know best while many countries are trying to make such an app and registration. 

People have to understand that until there is a vaccine things wont be back to normal.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I wouldn't bet on QR codes for English pubs being that far in the future. I'll be using a false name and my own mobile number, can't remember the new one 555

Any pub/bar that wanted my real details wouldn't be getting my business. It's Mickey Mouse or i go elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, robblok said:

Problem is that Pubs and bars their activity is one of the most risky for corvid spread. So yes they need to have restrictions otherwise they can become a hotbed of infections. 

Just accept that these times are not normal times. I also don't like things but its needed to curb spread of the virus. So far Thailand has done great with its lock down. Would be a waste to open up and then have to start over with more strict rules because of pub goers spread the virus. 

Id love for all of this to be over, but its not. 

Of course its not wrong to voice opinion but its just the way it is the business model of a pub is a dangerous one (for corvid spread) hence the limitations.

I wonder what is better being totally closed or having restrictions. Maybe he should think about that. 

Talking brings forth options. Here's mine: No COVID reported in Thailand. Problem is tourists are higher risk. Current solution is to act as if COVID is rampant. How about bars and discos and stadiums go back to normal, and tourists are not allowed in those venues until they have been in country for 14 days. An app, a Thai government I.D. or a retirement visa required. After 14 days a visitor could get an app. A bar could opt out and operate under the 22 rules, making it open to all, including new arrivals.

Now what's your idea?

Edited by Mac98
Add clarification.

Just now, Mac98 said:

Talking brings forth options. Here's mine: No COVID reported in Thailand. Problem is tourists are higher risk. Current solution is to act as if COVID is rampant. How about bars and discos and stadiums go back to normal, and tourists are not allowed in those venues until they have been in country for 14 days. An app, a Thai government I.D. or a retirement visa required. After 14 days a visitor could get an app.

Now what's your idea?

I am not sure if CORVID is gone given the limited testing. Your idea is good however now with opening of travel bubbles it wont work. Because then there are people who can go in who have not been in quarantine. 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:... many establishments will show the bird to these rules and do as they please.

Which is why I’m surprised the PEBA president is making so much noise about it, surely he of all people must know these rules will simply be ignored, without any kind of follow up enforcement by the authorities ?

Once the bars open with the exception of the bar staff possibly wearing masks, they will be operating exactly as they were before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

No as you can use the website and not the app. Its really easy to use. Of course most paranoid foreigners don't want to use it thinking they are "special". 

So bored with all the foreigners who think they know best while many countries are trying to make such an app and registration. 

People have to understand that until there is a vaccine things wont be back to normal.

The Vaccine is going to be the start of a war between those who trust every thing thing the government says and want to take it and want everyone else to take it even against their free will not to take the vaccine....

13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The Vaccine is going to be the start of a war between those who trust every thing thing the government says and want to take it and want everyone else to take it even against their free will not to take the vaccine....

You mean between tinfoilhat people and those that believe in science. Maybe they should ban people who don't vaccinate from traveling. Wonder how long their resolve then stays. 

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people and how many tinfoil hat peole there are on this forum. But then again Thailand if full of oddballs 

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't get it first they are angry they can't open. Then they can open but with restrictions and they are still angry. They seem to think they can go back to normal. But nobody can.

Sounds a lot like the foreigners on here constantly moaning about alcohol or bars. I mean first they moan its banned. Then the ban is lifted they moan about bars, now you can go to bars they moan about the rules.

Man up... everyone has to live with it until a vaccine is ready. Just stupid to constantly moan. I guess a lot of guys really need the girly bars. If your that desperate just find an other way to hook up with girls for money.

There is restrictions and restrictions Rob, but 22 rules for going to a girly bar? I don't drink or go to any type of bars, so it does not matter to me, but I think this Thai administration is going way over the top with rules, they are just people led by a PM who was not even voted in by the ordinary Thai people, always looking for excuses for going on power trips.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There is restrictions and restrictions Rob, but 22 rules for going to a girly bar? I don't drink or go to any type of bars, so it does not matter to me, but I think this Thai administration is going way over the top with rules, they are just people led by a PM who was not even voted in by the ordinary Thai people, always looking for excuses for going on power trips.

The problem is that bars by nature are for socializing. So the primary thing in bars is for people to meet and get close. That happens to be exactly the best way for corvid to spread. 

So bars need more regulations to keep corvid spread down. I really don't get all the moaning nobody is going back to normal. Why do they expect bars to go back to normal ? I would say be thankful with what you get. I rather have everything going back to normal but that won't be happening anytime soon. So why do people who own bars, and those who visit them think they are special ?

That can only be done once the vaccine is there or if they stop all travel to Thailand. 

4 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

There can be absolutely NO WAY that these rules were drawn up after discussions between authorities AND bar owners. They reek of the heavy hand of a person or group of people who are completely removed from reality ???? No tourist in their right mind would even consider coming here under such impractical restraints ????

Agreed! However, that said I believe those individuals looking to appreciate the more cultural aspects of Thailand can still be accommodated, where as those seeking more earthly-based entertainment would do better to seek these pleasures within their own immediate environments, at least for the time being. Besides, I fear these good folk will be the last to gain entry at any rate.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

You mean between tinfoilhat people and those that believe in science. Maybe they should ban people who don't vaccinate from traveling. Wonder how long their resolve then stays. 

I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of people and how many tinfoil hat peole there are on this forum. But then again Thailand if full of oddballs 

If people dont have the right to choose what goes into their own body then we have no free choice and no free will...Then we are all slaves.....

Science or no science NOTHING should take away free will and turn people into slaves.....

Let people ignore science and keep their free will and you will be keeping your own free will...

Or force people to get vaccinated and lose your own free will.. 

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

If people dont have the right to choose what goes into their own body then we have no free choice and no free will...Then we are all slaves.....

Science or no science NOTHING should take away free will and turn people into slaves.....

Let people ignore science and keep their free will and you will be keeping your own free will...

Or force people to get vaccinated and lose your own free will.. 

I'm pretty sure that the people of my era were very pleased they had no right to choose what went into their bodies, because the vaccination that was given them, ensured that they didn't get polio, smallpox, whooping cough and TB and perhaps even a few other things, thereby saving lives.

The other alternative is to stop people that haven't been vaccinated from entering venues, or taking part in other entertainment, so they do have a choice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Much ado about nothing. Now Thailand welcomes just wealthy tourism, private planes and billionaires. 

This guy better convert Bangla road into a heliport for the hiso to come in style from HKT.

Edited by Sundown
  • Haha 2