Bangkok: "We'll refuse to close again - that'll be the end of us" - Shabu restaurant tells government where to go

webfact

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

me too. i hit the road and nothing going to stop me now. 

and i got to tell you if i have not contracted the virus after what i have been doing for the past 5 weeks then nobody is. :clap2:

we welcome all sorts in Rayong province

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

and i got to tell you if i have not contracted the virus after what i have been doing for the past 5 weeks then nobody is. :clap2:

I assume that you are talking about paying for sex with numerous providers  ?

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Go after the Egyptians. the Thais acted in good faith and took the Egyptians at their word. the Egyptians  were dishonest. Don't blame the victims. Hold the responsible party to account.

Isn't there a Thai proverb ....... "If you encounter a snake and an Arab, strike the Arab first"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Good news there is no link between your right hand and covid said a bishop ???? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

And what of the people who do go there, contract the illness and then spread it around to innocent people. What about the right of people not to be put at risk?  I feel for so many of the service  personnel who have to  interact with so many selfish  clients. 

So, there was no chance  that your meagre income would disappear & you'd be living on the street? (As happened to many very quickly in Thailand).

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The last Shabu I went to had stopped the endless train of food and you had to pre-order what you wanted. Takes all the fun away, hope they get back to normal soon.

Most shabu places i go to you have to pre order. That was before pre corvid. You could order as much as you wanted (buffet). Those were the more (relatively) expensive places. 700-1000bt something like that. Of course there is far more expensive stuff but for Thai food its a bit expensive. 

What do you mean with taking away the fun ?

4 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Just don’t go there, keep on your mask and stay in your room.

Why would he need to stay in his room. The mask is to protect others, so put on a mask and go out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sujo said:

Why would he need to stay in his room. The mask is to protect others, so put on a mask and go out.

Would not a mask protect the wearer from incoming viruses?

Jus' askin'

3 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

In fact, if you check the records, from day one, Viet Nam has done it better than any other country and is still refusing to allow people in.

'nuf sed

Actually, Cambodia did even better than Vietnam, zero deaths.

And Cambodia and Vietnam have kind of reopened its borders, for example so that kids living in one country near the border can go again to the schools in the other country.

And if you have a visa, and fly to Cambodia, you can enter. Not an easy process yet but doable. Much more common sense there than in panicking Thailand - and much less Covid-19.

• Like 1

Good for them. Finally. Thais have been so extremely timid and placid, if you will, throughout this crisis when in European countries and America, some of which have seen fewer restrictions people and businesses have protested and rioted. In other words, it takes a lot less for a westerner to go stand up for their rights than a Thai/Asian.

I don't quite understand the mentality. Why are Thais so obedient towards the government? I mean, the government doesn't actually have nearly as much power, or resources, as say the American or European governments. People, perhaps out of fear, just do everything they're told to, when during normal times, the authorities can't even stop someone riding a motorcycle against the flow of traffic.

Maybe I answered my own question - it's fear and belief in authority that breeds this almost unquestioning compliance in this part of the world.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Actually, Cambodia did even better than Vietnam, zero deaths.

And Cambodia and Vietnam have kind of reopened its borders, for example so that kids living in one country near the border can go again to the schools in the other country.

And if you have a visa, and fly to Cambodia, you can enter. Not an easy process yet but doable. Much more common sense there than in panicking Thailand - and much less Covid-19.

Realistically you can't enter Cambodia. From Thailand you'd have to fly to Korea and then catch a flight down. Getting a visa in the first place is complicated and then come the covid tests, insurance, testing again on arrival and so forth.

Little known fact is that Thailand has also kind of unofficially opened some of it's borders to neighbors - Three Pagodas Pass is allowing Burmese across. As usual, they are restricted an approx. 3km radius from the border. No vehicles are allowed, nor are Thais permitted to go in the other direction.

Therefore, your Vietnam/Cambodia example is very similar - and I am almost certain the flow is one way (as in Thailand's case). No Vietnamese student goes to school in Cambodia, but probably some Cambodian kids go to school in Vietnam. Equally, Burmese, Lao and Cambodians in border regions may attend Thai schools, but no Thai attends school in the neighboring country (except in the case of Malaysia). So what this means is - it's a one way from from poorer to richer, more developed country. As is the case pretty everywhere in the world.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Go after the Egyptians. the Thais acted in good faith and took the Egyptians at their word. the Egyptians  were dishonest. Don't blame the victims. Hold the responsible party to account.

Yes but some of thse sheesha places are so inviting, Toot and cum in

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

haha, yea right, no sensible country allows foreigners in and lets them do what they want, that's why immigration departments exist. and especially in a pandemic all countries need to be organised and efficient in implementing and carrying out their government's covid guidelines and procedures. as we know the virus respects no international borders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Most shabu places i go to you have to pre order. That was before pre corvid. You could order as much as you wanted (buffet). Those were the more (relatively) expensive places. 700-1000bt something like that. Of course there is far more expensive stuff but for Thai food its a bit expensive. 

What do you mean with taking away the fun ?

The ones I've been to has the endless food train and you take what you want, no ordering. Usually it's 400 bht/person

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Thailand did it much better then the best, no doubt about it. But how they messed up shows that they don't treat everyone the same. That is the point that the army thinks its ok to treat certain groups differently because of status. That is what the outrage is about not because they messed up a bit. This is far better then how it went in the US and Europe. 

LOL... what else?