Britain nears abandoning Brexit trade deal hope - The Telegraph

webfact

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That was particularly prescient of you, although I suspect you just plucked that number from where the sun don't shine - where the positive case from Brexit resides. 

You can quibble about the figure to try to avoid the point if you like, typical Remainer deflection. Some estimates are 110 Billion. We won't know for sure what it would have been because thankfully we escaped the protectionist racket before the invoice could be sent, but it's safe to say we would have been a massive contributor to the Post Covid bailout. And now we can spend it on our own economy, where and when we need it. 

If you cannot admit that is a tangible benefit then either you are being disingenuous or your blinkers have been welded shut.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

You realize we are in July? Let's see how many have been rolled over by December 31. We finally have clarity that the EU won't be acting in good faith in negotiations so we will ramp up rolling over the remaining deals. The 19 we've done already were pretty easy, so much so it went pretty much unreported by the MSM, I'd be willing to bet you didn't even know we'd done it until you read the article. I don't see why we can't do another 19 in 6 months, as we're proposing the same terms there's nothing very complicated to agree apart from "Do you want to roll over the existing agreement? OK then sign here".

As for the 8%, on one hand you're saying we'll collapse without these amazing deals the EU has negotiated for us, and then when we roll them over you downplay those same deals "It's only 8% anyway". Can't have it both ways ????.

You also ignore the additional deals we can do that the EU has failed to do. Such as USA, India, Australia.

Its is you who wants it both ways.

First of all you claim you want WTO rules because most of the worlds trade is done via WTO rules.

Then you say you want trade deals.

You guys no longer flip flop. You have all started to flop flip ????.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, David gilbert said:

Boris just tell Merkel if you dont play ball you want to see the tariffs we are gonna put on Audi bmw Volkswagen Porsche mercedes etc and macron there our fishing rights or no more wine cheese citroens peugots etc, as far as I can see, they need us a lot more than we need them, tell them like it is or tell them to fuxx off boris

Do we have to change our name to West Korea as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is still time to change their mind. All they have to do is ask to be forgiven for all the troubles

they have created during the past 4 years and that they want to be reinstated with the EU and also

they are prepared to join the Euro Club. So simple!

I am convinced the EU would consider the offer and would have an answer in, says, 4 years time.

" I drink to make other people more interesting "    Louis Pasteur

On 7/22/2020 at 6:28 AM, stephenterry said:

It probably doesn't matter one iota as this government, headed by a muppet, is capable of mismanaging everything from the Coronavirus, the NHS, the Care home deaths, their own backbenchers, Russian infiltration, and the economy - which will be funded by the taxpayer for decades after. 

It's a pity that Starmer won't be in Downing St until winning the 2024 election- or hopefully earlier if a no confidence vote is successful. As for fishing rights who'd want to risk their health by consuming polluted fish anyway? 

England - I'm sad to say is currently a waste of space... 

Maybe Starmer can mend everything that is wrong with the UK by putting a request in to Jim'll Fix It.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its is you who wants it both ways.

First of all you claim you want WTO rules because most of the worlds trade is done via WTO rules.

Then you say you want trade deals.

You guys no longer flip flop. You have all started to flop flip ????.

Putting words in my mouth again.

My stance has always been that FTA's are desirable. But that WTO works perfectly fine and is no disaster and can be used while said trade deals are being agreed. WTO is not a "cliff edge", it's used for the majority of the world's trade. The EU also uses it for a great deal of trade.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 6:19 AM, Andrew65 said:

I doubt that UK Border Force people will still be based in France, border will effectively then be mid-Channel.

did you mean a floating border ... sounds good to me 555

does he needs to submit his final decision to the MP's for approval ??? as the 2019 GE required that he has to get a deal as no deal was not on the ballot and whatever deal he gets he needs approval

• Like 2