Aren't We Purified Enough To End 90 Day Reporting?

patsfangr

36 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes Petermilk......the dark forces are gathering............

We will hide within our walls, live our lives away from the light, and let darkness descend. Are we not part of this world? Tell me,

When did we let this evil become stronger than us?"..........JRR..Tolkien.....

I wonder if he spent any time in Thailand, being crushed by having to go to your computer every 90 days and sign in. ......:coffee1:

I must remind you that the online system does not work for MANY of us. If it did, I'd have no problem with it; although, as has been mentioned by others, I do not see that it serves any purpose whatsoever. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, dimitriv said:

I think it has become clear in recent months that most immigration rules are completely unnecessary.

As far as I know, no serious things happened in the amnesty period.

Nothing happened because of the emergency decree and the fact you had to stay put for at least 3 months because of lockdowns and the curfew etc etc. Nothing will happen to the 90 days report and why is it so difficult doing it? Please tell me. 

90 day is no big hardship here in Hua Hin. Normally in and out in 15 minutes. I normally have a quick chat with the officers too, which keeps up a sort of connection when it is time to do the annual paperwork. I do have sympathy though for the people who are far from Immigration, or are in places were they are obviously awkward or pedantic.

I have not tried online lately having given up a year or so ago trying to register, but for some reason I can only put down to personal reticence I would rather visit the office and have a paper signed by an officer...........but that is just me.........:smile:

11 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I guess the only interaction I have would be at Imm and they have always been polite and friendly... sure, maybe in my early years a photo or  copy needed that had to be made... that is hardly a big deal.. 

other than that, I don't really have much interaction. I used to hang w/a Thai senator and we did volunteer work helping hill people... I just don't get all the anger... 

The irritation (it's not "anger") is with the useless RULES; not with the PEOPLE whose job it is to enforce them. 

On 7/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, patsfangr said:

Serious question here. With all of the "thinning" of the temporary foreign population in Thailand, isn't it reasonable for the government to simply eliminate the 90 Day Reporting requirement for those still here? Seems to me that the annual request for extension of stay, with a requirement to report a change of address, should be enough to keep track of law abiding expats. 

You can think outside the box, others can't or don't want to upset the ones higher than them, because they would be showing them that they are brighter....welcome to the LOD 

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Good morning holy cow cm. 

Shower 2-3 time per day. 

Use soap.

And bum gun. 

Then you not have that problem. 

Good luck. 

ps.

10,000+ TVF post now about Anutin and the two backpacker guys “damned farangs” who refuse his mask.

The two farangs laughing the drama because they refuse? 55555

Good to know you would be happy to receive a paper mask handed to you by unwashed and ungloved hands. I've got a packet on the way to your address now - I made sure to get my fingers extra sticky before packing ????

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I live near an immigration office. It takes me 5 minutes every 90 days to do the report as i am walking past. What's the big deal?

And I have a million dollars in my bank account - who are these people complaining about rising rents, cost of living and transport?

Ahhhh, it's almost like your 5 minute in and out doesn't apply to most people who have to spend close to a 1000 thb in transport fees and spend an entire day sitting in a room waiting for a number to be called to fill out some useless paperwork!

11 minutes ago, patsfangr said:

The irritation (it's not "anger") is with the useless RULES; not with the PEOPLE whose job it is to enforce them. 

ok.. so you expect to come to a foreign country and decide what the rules should be... maybe you can make foreign policy too... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I always find it amusing that foreigners come here, of their own free will, can stay or go as they please - - and yet, while they are here think they should have some power in changing the laws of the land... that does not happen in my home country... I don't think it would go over too well.. 

some things you just have to accept... 90 day reports are just not that big of a deal.

Correct, no big deal, so why the insistence to do it ? 

On 7/22/2020 at 11:07 AM, Kerryd said:

Don't some people on other Extensions have to do that as well ? Like Business/Marriage extensions ?

Anyone who stays in Thailand longer than 90 days has to do a 90 day report (apart from now, when the requirement is temporarily suspended).

This means anyone on an extension of stay due to working for a Thai company and those who have an extension of stay due to having a Thai spouse.

Permanent residents are the exception. They do not need to report.

1 hour ago, patsfangr said:

I must remind you that the online system does not work for MANY of us. If it did, I'd have no problem with it; although, as has been mentioned by others, I do not see that it serves any purpose whatsoever. 

It's in its infancy patsfangr.............but I am willing to bet a brick to London, when it runs as smooth as silk, the same people will be complaining,  about why do we have to do it.-------Why,    because that is the rule for living in Thailand.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:02 AM, patsfangr said:

Seems to me that the annual request for extension of stay, with a requirement to report a change of address, should be enough to keep track of law abiding expats. 

That is the system here in Cambodia, and it is simple. Once you get your hassle free retirement visa, then your landlord must by law, register you on the FPCS app (Foreign Persons living in Cambodia System). That is it, if you change address, phone number or e-mail address, the details can be updated on the app. When your retirement visa is due for extension you just apply making sure you are registered on the app. No need at all to go to any Immigration Office during the validity of your visa. No such thing as 90-Day notifications here. 

3 hours ago, tandor said:

. Ok so its no big deal for those who have success doing it on-line or by Registered Mail, but it is confusing and causes one to forget easily. The whole system needs to be overhauled for sure.

Whenever I go to immigration and am given a new date to appear, be it 90 day report, extension renewal or to show money in the bank, before I leave I sit down for a minute and put a reminder in my phone for anything up to a week prior to my next visit. The 90 day report serves no purpose that I can see. Nor does a 90 day border run.

18 minutes ago, potless said:

Nor does a 90 day border run.

I can't figure that one out either. You have an "annual" extension but have to do a border run every 90 days ? So some guy at the border can stamp you "out" of Thailand and then 5 minutes later stamp you back "in" ?

Even on an METV. Why not just go to the local Immigration office, get stamped and be done with it. Sheesh, make the TV valid for a straight 3 months. If it's a single entry, you leave at the end of 3 months just like you'd do if you had a 30 day stamp. 
If it's an METV, go to Immigration at the end of the 90 days and get stamped for another 90. When that runs out, leave the country. 

(Or apply for a max 1 week extension but really, if you've been here 3-6 months there's no reason you'd need to stay for an extra week. Unless of course you aren't really a "tourist" and are trying to live here by using consecutive METVs over and over again.)

Getting rid of those border runs would really cut down on Immigration's work load. Maybe enough that they could put more people in at the Immigration counters at the airports instead of half (or more) of the desks sitting empty while the queue in front of them runs back out into the Arrivals hall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

I live near an immigration office. It takes me 5 minutes every 90 days to do the report as i am walking past. What's the big deal?

...for you, none obviously..so just spare a thought for the masses who are inconvenienced ok.

2 hours ago, Almer said:

Correct, no big deal, so why the insistence to do it ? 

I meant that the compliance is no big deal, so why not do it... I don't make the laws here. I obey them and find the visa laws so easy to deal with that I wonder what all the noise and questions are against them... if they want photos every year - fine with me - same copies as last year - ok.. a few minutes a year and a small fee and I get to live here... 

How many laws do you question and try and change in your own country?

6 hours ago, kenk24 said:

I always find it amusing that foreigners come here, of their own free will, can stay or go as they please - - and yet, while they are here think they should have some power in changing the laws of the land... that does not happen in my home country... I don't think it would go over too well.. 

some things you just have to accept... 90 day reports are just not that big of a deal.

Pathetic

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1. Got to say I see lots of Thais with horrible sores/bites/scars on their legs.

I think it's to do with insect bites, from living in stick huts, and/or parasites (Bilharzia?).

But agree, they probably don't have enough money to eat in western food restaurants.

There used to be a big old white guy in Mad Dog all the time who appeared to have half his face rotting off.

I stopped eating there because of him, I don't think he was dirty.

2. When people type this I think 'Colonel Blimp' types wearing cargo shorts, white socks and sandals.

..and a pith helmet.

46 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

what is pathetic - that people have a problem sending in a 90 day report? and complain about it? 

Too many foreign whingers, whiners and moaners in Thailand these days. If you don't like it here just go away and don't come back.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Good morning holy cow cm. 

Shower 2-3 time per day. 

Use soap.

And bum gun. 

Then you not have that problem. 

Good luck. 

ps.

10,000+ TVF post now about Anutin and the two backpacker guys “damned farangs” who refuse his mask.

The two farangs laughing the drama because they refuse? 55555

Hi Yinn, I actually shower or take a bath 2 times a day. 3 times and I am help creating the no water problem from our drought. Yes, when I built my house I put in a bath tub and it has a walk in open shower too. With the bath I have soap that makes a bubble bath. : ) Good for this old aging body. No rubber duckies though, although me and my wife's 3 year old niece visiting us for 3 weeks does have 3 little yellow duckies. Kids! My bum gun so so high powered that I can play the water festival with it!

: ) No stinky rear end here. But thank you for your concern. Stay healthy and keep clean yourself as it can help you get a boyfriend or husband or if you have one already to keep one. Cheers!

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Not everyone lives near you!

Have done my 90 day reporting online with successful Approved and email reply within a day or so.

Not this time.

All filled in and submitted with Transaction number etc.

But PENDING.

Now 5 days later and still PENDING decided to call the 1178 "help" line.

After 15 mins of recording finally someone answered.

Explained my situation and was told "don't worry,  no problem,  wait another 30 days ???"

Was due on 28th, so no idea what he was talking about, but the line then hung up !

Can drive to the IO office, but wondering what's happening to Online (using website)

On 7/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, dimitriv said:

As far as I know, no serious things happened in the amnesty period.

Depends on how you define 'serious'. Times were so hard that an Immigration bigwig had to sell one of his Bentleys just to make ends meet...and as for his Rolexes, don't even ask! lol

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

Have done my 90 day reporting online with successful Approved and email reply within a day or so.

Not this time.

All filled in and submitted with Transaction number etc.

But PENDING.

Now 5 days later and still PENDING decided to call the 1178 "help" line.

After 15 mins of recording finally someone answered.

Explained my situation and was told "don't worry,  no problem,  wait another 30 days ???"

Was due on 28th, so no idea what he was talking about, but the line then hung up !

Can drive to the IO office, but wondering what's happening to Online (using website)

It worked for me this morning. Hit the 'Submit' button and got an instant approval. Rayong office seem to have automated their branch of the system so that there's no "Pending" any more, and nobody actually looks at what you input. The only problem I had was that I couldn't get the 'Notice for next reporting date' to print out, but it worked after I saved it to Documents.

I seem to remember once having a problem such as yours, 'Pending' for ages, but there was a way to cancel the application. Might I suggest that before you go to the trouble of attending the office you try and cancel the outstanding entry and re-submit it. You've nothing to lose, and it might work.

It is bizarre how differently the system works in different areas.

11 hours ago, Henryford said:

Would you be saying the same if you had a 100K round trip to your IO????

On 7/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

It worked for me this morning. Hit the 'Submit' button and got an instant approval. Rayong office seem to have automated their branch of the system so that there's no "Pending" any more, and nobody actually looks at what you input. The only problem I had was that I couldn't get the 'Notice for next reporting date' to print out, but it worked after I saved it to Documents.

I seem to remember once having a problem such as yours, 'Pending' for ages, but there was a way to cancel the application. Might I suggest that before you go to the trouble of attending the office you try and cancel the outstanding entry and re-submit it. You've nothing to lose, and it might work.

It is bizarre how differently the system works in different areas.

Thanks for your comments.

Decided to give it one more try today 24th and voila "APPROVED" with email etc.

No problem printing out the receipt and next due date.

4 working days, so not too bad.

• Thanks 1