Thailand drops charges against Red Bull heir in deadly hit-and-run

webfact

Months before the death of the policeman

I used to see the Red Scum 

bag driving recklessly along Sukhumvit and up Thonglor In a gun metal colored Ferrari. A complete spoilt brat who never did a days work in his life and is still living the high life so many of these spoilt rich brats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Chalerm's son, yes. But don't forget there is Mafia in most of our home countries too. Ronnie Kray walked into a pub and shot someone with the same number of witnesses who saw nothing. Al Capone and Tony Soprano also did the same in the US of A.

Ronnie Kray did not kill a police sergeant just another gangster. That was 50 years ago. Yes there are mafia but Ronnie Kray did not join the government.  Same in the USA. I see your point but feel that your comparisons are way off.

Kray and the others didn't go into the temple for 6 months and all is forgotten either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Some Thai are indeed ashamed, but the great majority just accept the system. 

They take advantage of it regularly themselves, in one way or another. 

I am reminded that I live in a different country and culture and that they don't have to live up or down to my expectations. 

If we were in a Muslim country and witnessed the stoning of a poor local woman would you expect to have a say? Would you live past it if you did?

Here in Thailand we have a degree of freedom and can mostly say what we think without fear. I loved that feeling of freedom in Thailand.

I am a guest here and am thankful for it, yet I know that their ways are not mine.

I at least can go home if I don't like it or find it hard to match with my Western ways.

It is us who must adapt to Thailand and not the other way around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting, not ONE person here would  NOT do the same if their child were in the same position. 

Leave the guy alone, he never chose to be a billionaire.

WHAT???????????????????  leave the cop killer alone?  not his fault???  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting, not ONE person here would  NOT do the same if their child were in the same position. 

Leave the guy alone, he never chose to be a billionaire.

Was a total BS!!!! Sure everyone of us would use money and power to solve the situation. But it`s the mindset of that moron and so many spoilt hi-so Thai brats which makes the difference! He just didnt`t care and drove away with a mindset "no one can harm me due to my hi-so standing". 

11 minutes ago, Billthekiwi said:

I am reminded that I live in a different country and culture and that they don't have to live up or down to my expectations. 

If we were in a Muslim country and witnessed the stoning of a poor local woman would you expect to have a say? Would you live past it if you did?

Here in Thailand we have a degree of freedom and can mostly say what we think without fear. I loved that feeling of freedom in Thailand.

I am a guest here and am thankful for it, yet I know that their ways are not mine.

I at least can go home if I don't like it or find it hard to match with my Western ways.

hope the young thai protesters get hold of this story and do something about injustice

you say it is ok because the rich corrupted get away with murder

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Billthekiwi said:

Its people like you that are the resistance to change. Stop comparing countries and focus on Thailand,, it is corrupt and lawless, the rich can literally get away with murder which make a mockery of the law and justice. It means nobody is safe in their own homes and that is not an exaggeration. Also corruption does nothing good for society, it stifles progression and the road to bring the poor of of poverty. 

The only thing you have said thats makes any sense at all is if you are foreign you can go home, it's what I did but I fear my friends who are stuck there in what I consider to be an unsuitable place to raise children on many levels. 

The Thai people need to stand up against this cr*p one day and develop themselves into a fair society with a robust legal system, uncorrupt police and a professional political party steering the ship. Until then it will get worse, not better and this piece of news says it all..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

do you live in Thailand? have you made it your home? and yet you dont care? tomorrow it could be your loved ones that get ploughed down by some other drunken, rich kid, will you care about the lawlessness then? pathetic.

I live in Thailand, at least for the next 11 months until my next extension comes due  and it is my home, for now, but it's not my country.  I understand that and the risks attached to living here. If I thought it was that lawless, then I wouldn't live here now would. if you have that mind set and allow <deleted> like this to upset you and make you angry, then it's your life that you need to reassess.  

1 minute ago, edwinchester said:

If one of my kids killed somebody in such a horrific manner, drunk and coked up they'd have to face the consequences of their actions but I'd also add I'm 100% sure they're not so morally bankrupt to behave and put themselves in such a position to begin with.

Exactly. I don't have kids, but I'd like to think if I did they wouldn't end up being so utterly devoid of morals and common sense. 

And if I was the sort of father who had no qualms with just paying people off so my child could do as they please, then obviously I'd be a crappy parent and my child would be a product of said crappy parenting. 

There's a lot to be admired about self-awareness. No one involved in this case is showing any of it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I live in Thailand, at least for the next 11 months until my next extension comes due  and it is my home, for now, but it's not my country.  I understand that and the risks attached to living here. If I thought it was that lawless, then I wouldn't live here now would. if you have that mind set and allow <deleted> like this to upset you and make you angry, then it's your life that you need to reassess.  

I am capable of assessing my own life thank you. the post is about the rich getting away with ploughing down a policeman whilst pi**ed up behind the wheel resulting in his death. Corruption and injustice is something i believe most people will never tolerate in society and it is rife in Thailand. You can see the uproar when something unjust occurs in other countries, just read the news. If you don't care and are are happy to risk raising your family in such a country then carry on, I hope nothing does happen to and of your loved ones, if it does you will only have yourself to blame and I wonder if you will reassess your decision to remain in such a place then....?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myran said:

Let's hope someone takes matters into their own hands if this evil b*stard returns to Thailand.

if someone rich does it they will get away with it... terrible place. I would rather settle my family in the Congo then Thailand.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, barney42bb said:

Those that have any faith in justice being done...must put their entire hopes in "Karma" to adjudicate on this appalling matter.

I think Karma is a load of old pony.. These people go through life in Thailand untouchable and until the Thai people grow a pair they always will. Luckily we see the next generation Thai students kicking off about corruption so the established, greedy pigs with their snouts in the trough will soon, hopefully be removed. This mans deserves to be facing the might of the law no matter how big his bank balance.. Look at what this lesson teaches the poor uneducated in Thailand,, basically the rich dont have to adhere to any rules in society and if they get hurt or killed as a result then tough luck,, disgusting. 

8 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I am capable of assessing my own life thank you. the post is about the rich getting away with ploughing down a policeman whilst pi**ed up behind the wheel resulting in his death. Corruption and injustice is something i believe most people will never tolerate in society and it is rife in Thailand. You can see the uproar when something unjust occurs in other countries, just read the news. If you don't care and are are happy to risk raising your family in such a country then carry on, I hope nothing does happen to and of your loved ones, if it does you will only have yourself to blame and I wonder if you will reassess your decision to remain in such a place then....?

Whatever dude, you're are entitled to an opinion, however weird.  

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

And Thais just take it. I doubt there is anything that would mobilize them. Usurpers could probably start a genocide and no reaction except for a few brave students.

the students will be the next generation though, they will be the future politicians. Fixing Thailand in the near term is not going to happen.... it will take ba**s of steel and years of hard work.