Eating chicken skin

poloshirt

I notice that in Thailand the chicken rice has chicken without the skin. I am wondering if Thais in general don't eat chicken skin?

Is there chemical on the chicken skin that they avoid eating the skin?

I have strong feeling that the government keep the citizens ignorant of chemicals, color, preservatives in foods so that those big corporations in food industry can get away with it. The government work hand in glove with these big food industries- well, there is money in this game.

I doubt if you complain to government department of any wrong doing of food industries any real action will be taken. Unlike in France , Germany or UK where government really come down hard on any infringement of the laws.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Why Me said:

led you to

Too late, Polo. If you look out the window to the east do you see a black dot in the sky getting bigger? That's a government helicopter coming to get you. Next time keep your mouth shut. About chicken, egg noodles, carrots, everything. There are things you don't know about you don't want to know about.

Why don't you just say to me, "Hey, Polo, just eat your poisons and stop complaining, everybody is eating their poisons don't see why you can't do it"

I must get this phrase translate to Thai, " Your government is slowly poisoning you without your knowledge, go find out"

• Like 2

In my opinion, I think it is to facilitate cutting, into small pieces, the chicken.
In the store, or restots, you are sold roast chicken, whole, with the skin or cut, always with the skin.
I do not believe that the Thais are worried about what they really eat, because hygiene, malnutrition, balanced meals are not yet on the program in schools, nor in families.
For taste, at TESCO, the chicken is disgusting. Sweety salty
On the other hand, at Villa Market, not bad at all.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

Why don't you just say to me, "Hey, Polo, just eat your poisons and stop complaining, everybody is eating their poisons don't see why you can't do it"

I must get this phrase translate to Thai, " Your government is slowly poisoning you without your knowledge, go find out"

" Your government is slowly poisoning you without your knowledge, go find out"

รัฐบาลของคุณกำลังวางยาพิษคุณอย่างช้าๆโดยที่คุณไม่รู้ตัวไปหา "

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ezzra said:

now let's discuss eating chicken feet, who's up to start?...

in China's it's a delicacy... some time ago they didn't had money to buy chicken meat, reserved for the elite, then the peasants had no alternative then to eat the (dirty) feet, always wonder how clean they get 555

2 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

Doubt it is a governemt thing but am out of tin foil to make a hat.

I have plenty - no worries, I would share but when people find it necessary to make remarks like this I doubt you would have the skills to form it into a hat ???? 

Tesco now sell their Chickens with a sticker saying no Pom Chareot (MSG) most places that do rotisserie usually base it with something,  so while its turning, it doesn't get to dry.

I believe McChicken nuggets were just mainly made out of the skins.--although I think that's changed now.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

in China's it's a delicacy... some time ago they didn't had money to buy chicken meat, reserved for the elite, then the peasants had no alternative then to eat the (dirty) feet, always wonder how clean they get 555

Don't you know they peel off a layer of the protective scale like skin off the chicken feet?  Yes, and I guess it is clean because the inside of the leg never contact with filth. They don't eat that layer of skin. Once you see it you will realize it is clean.

Ask the chinese most likely they know about these peeling of chicken skin off the chicken legs.

You will be surprised they taste real good. First they deep fry it then they cook it in a sauce till soft, oh, if you eat it you will like it. Lots of collagen for your bones and joints very healthy foods I must say.

The whole chicken leg become quite soft and juicy , though if you never try you might think it is hard and tasteless. No , no, it's real tasty. Just order some next time. When I first saw it I thought it was trash. But after you taste it you will smile from ear to ear.

Edited by poloshirt

2 minutes ago, sirocco said:

it is possible that it is tasty.
In my country, we ate grilled grasshoppers and live crabs, as well as the paunch of animals.
We found it delicious.
It's just a matter of habit

In some part of Africa they dare not eat a certain kind of bird because in that village some villagers had genetic bird like feet , there are only a toe and the rest are just one big crow like toe, so the feet look like bird feet. I had seen a picture , oh, they look ugly , yes, just like bird feet.

So be careful if you don't want children with bird like feet you had better stop eating chicken feet.

I said this because you become what you eat.

Chinese are immune to this bird feet though. They waddle like duck, especially the ladies, you don't notice that?

Oh, don't forget the steamed duck feet. Again it's a chinese dish. Not a joke there is a dish called steamed duck feet.

thais like chicken skin, it came as a bit of surprise first time

when my friend took the skin from my piece of chicken saying she liked it,

as if i wouldnt even mind losing out.

unlike back home, here you can by chicken skin separated from any meat,

its a delicacy and snack here that is popular

On 8/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, sanuk711 said:

Tesco now sell their Chickens with a sticker saying no Pom Chareot (MSG) most places that do rotisserie usually base it with something,  so while its turning, it doesn't get to dry.

I believe McChicken nuggets were just mainly made out of the skins.--although I think that's changed now.

When my Thai wife eats a som tam and remarks that it has no MSG, that means she disapproves of it.