Pricing/Conditions - Buy new Ford Everest 2.0 biturbo 4x4 or Fortuner Legender 2.8 4x4

fabruer

Dear Forum members,

I would like to reach out as I am currently looking into ackquiring either a Ford Everest 2.0 biturbo 4x4 or Toyota Fortuner Legender 2.8 4x4.

Now, after visiting local dealerships for both turns out prices for either car are fixed as the sales person wouldn't want to move on the list price quoted. The Everest is quoted at B1,799,000 and Toyota reckons to sell their premium Fortuner at B1,839,000.

Has anyone recently bought a new Ford Everest or new Toyota Fortuner, either same models as I am looking at or different model? I would be happy for a quick chat with regards to any discounts received or payment conditions granted. Please feel free to PM me in case as well.

Thanks and best regards,

Fabruer

I have just watch to buy Honda CR-V. Same price range. And i don't want 7 seats, only kids fit in last 2 and then you dont have space for your stuff. I have Hilux now , planing to leave that to father in law (yes i know soon hole family use that) in our farm house. Now i have to drive every place to carry stuff and im sick of it lol. Im going to still watch and test drive Fortuner but Ford i pass.

• Like 1

On resale price alone the Toyota. Then you could ask yourself how long will a 2lt engine pulling along the same weight last, against a 2.8lt doing the same thing. There's not much difference between either power wise. But the Ford has had to stick an extra turbo on it to get the power. Fuel wise I haven't a clue about the Ford, but I do know that the 2.8lt Toyo is very economical. I have just done a 1k+ trip and I did that on a lot less than a tank full. That included lots of running about in traffic whilst there.

Sorry have just noticed that you asked what discounts did anyone get. Well as usual I got nothing but I did get every extra that was available for free. + the usual Insurance, Tax, No: plates, delivery, registration, Tints. Cant remember the lot but if you look up all the extras that are available I got them they even added a Toyo digital tyre pump. That was on a Fortuner TRD 2.8 4X4 Oh just remembered Auto folding wing mirrors. Wheel arch liners. The list goes on.  

Edited by fredob43

On 8/19/2020 at 2:33 PM, 2 is 1 said:

I have just watch to buy Honda CR-V. Same price range. And i don't want 7 seats, only kids fit in last 2 and then you dont have space for your stuff. I have Hilux now , planing to leave that to father in law (yes i know soon hole family use that) in our farm house. Now i have to drive every place to carry stuff and im sick of it lol. Im going to still watch and test drive Fortuner but Ford i pass.

Appreciate you reply. I had a look at the CR-V and prefer to sit higher as I would in a Fortuner or Everest.

Why will you pass on Ford?

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, fredob43 said:

On resale price alone the Toyota. Then you could ask yourself how long will a 2lt engine pulling along the same weight last, against a 2.8lt doing the same thing. There's not much difference between either power wise. But the Ford has had to stick an extra turbo on it to get the power. Fuel wise I haven't a clue about the Ford, but I do know that the 2.8lt Toyo is very economical. I have just done a 1k+ trip and I did that on a lot less than a tank full. That included lots of running about in traffic whilst there.

Sorry have just noticed that you asked what discounts did anyone get. Well as usual I got nothing but I did get every extra that was available for free. + the usual Insurance, Tax, No: plates, delivery, registration, Tints. Cant remember the lot but if you look up all the extras that are available I got them they even added a Toyo digital tyre pump. That was on a Fortuner TRD 2.8 4X4 Oh just remembered Auto folding wing mirrors. Wheel arch liners. The list goes on.  

That's some really good info there, thanks! Especially appreciate your input on getting all the extras as prices seem to be fixed.

Understand where you are getting at with the Ford and biturbo engine. I am getting the car as a company car and would probably exchange in 3-5 years. That would mean approx. 300k - 500k onto the engine.

On 8/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, fredob43 said:

... But the Ford has had to stick an extra turbo on it to get the power. ...

ROFLMAO.

Thanks fredo. You never fail to amuse.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, fabruer said:

... Understand where you are getting at with the Ford and biturbo engine. ...

He hasn't a clue, honest.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

ROFLMAO.

Thanks fredo. You never fail to amuse.

He hasn't a clue, honest.

Rather cryptic remarks. I struggle to understand who it is you are referring to in the 2nd; he who has no clue?

Care to elaborate?

Ford has a 10yr driveline care program with the Bi-Turbo 2.0 Ranger and Everest.... what ever that may be I don't know as the fine print is in Thai.

Everest.jpg.903a2bacbc179518f915d6059ecf99a7.jpg

There is a discount (200k) to be had if you can buy it through the Friends and Family discount program, do you (or anyone you know) know somebody that works at Ford ?

8 hours ago, fabruer said:

Rather cryptic remarks. I struggle to understand who it is you are referring to in the 2nd; he who has no clue?

Care to elaborate?

Fabruer. I think you'll find that he was referring to me. Because I put in 2 turbos when I should have put in Biturbo. They are after all twin turbos.

What you have to realise is that TVF has lots of idiots that post anything just to get another post under their name. You will more than likely find that they are the ones with lots of post under their name. Better just to ignore them, or feel sorry for them as they don't have any life other than TVF. With a bit of luck they will go away.

If you have any other questions regarding the 2.8lt Tuna ask and I will try and reply. But more than likely by a PM at least that keeps the plonkers at bay. 

Whatever you end up with enjoy.

• Thanks 1

My brother has an Everest, 2 of our neighbors have it, and I have driven their cars on occasion and have to admit in some ways it  is a step up from my Trailblazer. I am a comfort guy, and cant for the life of it understand how anybody can tolerate the truck-like ride (dis)comfort of the Tuna. So depending on whether that matters, the choice is clear - but for sure test drive both of them to make certain you understand the difference.

BTW - there is a YT clip about a bunch of guys testing two Fords, on of which was the twin-turbo, and it outperformed the bigger engined model in towing and fuel economy quite significantly. To wit, why would Ford go through the trouble of designing and building a twin-turbo engine if their existing 3.0 single turbo was such a killer engine.

The Ford uses the new Euro6 EcoBlue biturbo 2.0  It uses belt-in-oil similar to the Ecoboost which personally I am not a fan of. It also uses the Ford 10R80 transmission..

The Toyota is more old-school. Chain driven cam and Aisin Warner 6 speed 'box. Yes, not as sophisticated but that's where I'd put my money if I wanted something that was still running reliably in 10 years time.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 12:23 AM, fabruer said:

Care to elaborate?

fredo the clueless, not you.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:36 AM, fredob43 said:

Fabruer. I think you'll find that he was referring to me. Because I put in 2 turbos when I should have put in Biturbo. They are after all twin turbos.

What you have to realise is that TVF has lots of idiots that post anything just to get another post under their name. You will more than likely find that they are the ones with lots of post under their name. Better just to ignore them, or feel sorry for them as they don't have any life other than TVF. With a bit of luck they will go away.

If you have any other questions regarding the 2.8lt Tuna ask and I will try and reply. But more than likely by a PM at least that keeps the plonkers at bay. 

Whatever you end up with enjoy.

Yes, the forum's chock full of experts with allusions to having empirical knowledge but who are essentially one-trick ponies.

Feel free to pick fredo's brain for 'tuna information and experience but ideally you should ignore anything he says about Ford or any other lump for that matter.

10 hours ago, mistral53 said:

My brother has an Everest, 2 of our neighbors have it, and I have driven their cars on occasion and have to admit in some ways it  is a step up from my Trailblazer. I am a comfort guy, and cant for the life of it understand how anybody can tolerate the truck-like ride (dis)comfort of the Tuna. So depending on whether that matters, the choice is clear - but for sure test drive both of them to make certain you understand the difference. ...

The usual suspects will be along shortly to comment on Toyota's legendary resale trade-in value

7 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

The Ford uses the new Euro6 EcoBlue biturbo 2.0  It uses belt-in-oil similar to the Ecoboost which personally I am not a fan of. It also uses the Ford 10R80 transmission..

The Toyota is more old-school. Chain driven cam and Aisin Warner 6 speed 'box. Yes, not as sophisticated but that's where I'd put my money if I wanted something that was still running reliably in 10 years time.

And history shows that eventually one company took the bold step to remove the horse from the front of the carriage and briefly endure the 'Red Flag' laws of the period.

The most infamous of the Red Flag Laws was proposed in Pennsylvania circa 1896, when legislators unanimously passed a bill through both houses of the state legislature, which would require all motorists piloting their "horseless carriages", upon chance encounters with cattle or livestock to (1) immediately stop the vehicle, (2) "immediately and as rapidly as possible ... disassemble the automobile", and (3) "conceal the various components out of sight, behind nearby bushes" until equestrian or livestock is sufficiently pacified. The law never took effect, due to a veto by the state’s governor, Daniel H. Hastings.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Only dic.....s drive Fortuners

Mr Ford.

Please cast your mind back a few years. Who was it that were lining up outside Fords head office BKK demanding their monies back. Well it wasn't Toyota owners. 

I'll let you know if you cant remember they were Thais. It was because their Ford gearboxes were at best rubbish making their cars inoperable.

Then we get to the new Everest/Ranger that have also had gearbox problems. Mainly loss of oil. One of the Mai Sot lads had to have a completely new gearbox fitted after 3 months. Yes I know a good lifespan for any Ford.

And you have the audacity to have a go at Toyota drivers. May I suggest a little more thought before you post next time Mr FORD. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

So a Tuna starts at 1Mill. what extras do they stuff inside to make it 1.7 mill.?. A new Vios.

So dose the Everest's and that's what we are supposed to be disusing if you hadn't noticed. I'll tell you why Cars are expensive here, if you don't know why, it's that great word TAX.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

So a Tuna starts at 1Mill. what extras do they stuff inside to make it 1.7 mill.?. A new Vios.

A new Fortuner starts at THB1,319m. That is the basic engine, rear wheel driven model.

The premium Fortuner with bigger and stronger engine as well as 4WD is THB1,7m +.

I wouldn't classify a different engine and 4WD as merely extras stuffed inside, aka floor mats.

Coming back to my initial question opening this thread: have you bought a new Fortuner and or Everest recently and thus, are able to helpfully comment on a) discount on prices, b) payment conditions and/or c) extras thrown in (eg. floor mats)?

On 8/22/2020 at 4:30 AM, Don Mega said:

Ford has a 10yr driveline care program with the Bi-Turbo 2.0 Ranger and Everest.... what ever that may be I don't know as the fine print is in Thai.

Everest.jpg.903a2bacbc179518f915d6059ecf99a7.jpg

There is a discount (200k) to be had if you can buy it through the Friends and Family discount program, do you (or anyone you know) know somebody that works at Ford ?

Thanks, that's some good input there.

18 hours ago, mistral53 said:

My brother has an Everest, 2 of our neighbors have it, and I have driven their cars on occasion and have to admit in some ways it  is a step up from my Trailblazer. I am a comfort guy, and cant for the life of it understand how anybody can tolerate the truck-like ride (dis)comfort of the Tuna. So depending on whether that matters, the choice is clear - but for sure test drive both of them to make certain you understand the difference.

BTW - there is a YT clip about a bunch of guys testing two Fords, on of which was the twin-turbo, and it outperformed the bigger engined model in towing and fuel economy quite significantly. To wit, why would Ford go through the trouble of designing and building a twin-turbo engine if their existing 3.0 single turbo was such a killer engine.

I will test drive the Everest next weekend, got that scheduled already.

Been driving Forunters a lot for rentals over the years and recently for these past two months. So I am curious how the Ford will compare that.

Have to say, when I sat in the 4x4 Everest at the dealer, that car felt somewhat superior compared to the 4x4 Legender Fortuner at the Toyota shop.

Funny story, the kick function to open the trunk wouldn't work on the premium Fortuner in the show room. 4 sales girls and their technician weren't able to get it going. The bunch of them was useless when it came to asking any questions. In comparison, the guy at the Ford shop was able to answer anything I threw at him.

Slightly off topic, but the Fortuner looks very similar to the Highlander that is available here in the US. The folks that I know that own this type of vehicle have never stated anything negative about the vehicle. It is appointed with nice features, and is reliable.

I personally drive the Toyota 4Runner SR5. It is spacious in size, and solid as a rock after nearly 4 years. I sure wish it were available in Thailand... and that it would be affordable. ????

I would never buy a Ford (or any other american vehicle).

4runner.png

• Like 1

There's no denying that Fortuner is reliable and holds a good resale trade-in value. No argument there at all.

The Everest is also reliable, utilizes the latest engine and powertrain developments and is very comfortable with more modern styling.

Did you see what I did there? Not a bad word about a Fortuner.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gumballl said:

Slightly off topic, but the Fortuner looks very similar to the Highlander that is available here in the US. The folks that I know that own this type of vehicle have never stated anything negative about the vehicle. It is appointed with nice features, and is reliable.

I personally drive the Toyota 4Runner SR5. It is spacious in size, and solid as a rock after nearly 4 years. I sure wish it were available in Thailand... and that it would be affordable. ????

I would never buy a Ford (or any other american vehicle).

4runner.png

Eyecatching styling there... like, "You almost took my eye out with that!"

The Everest isn't an 'American vehicle'. Never was and never will be.

Edited by NanLaew

16 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Are you absolutely positive on that Euro 6 engine for Thailand. Theoretically, that would require AdBlu, right? When asked at the showroom, I was told no Euro 6 engine for Thailand and was shown the space next to the fuel tank which indeed does not have an inlet opening for AdBlu?

Care to share more info/your experience on belt in oil and 10R80 transmission?