July sees major increase in flights as aviation authority eases ban

webfact

That's well over 100 international flights a day, I'm surprised, I thought it would be more like 20 or 30. Or are they including the scheduled international flights that the airlines then cancelled? All the same, people affected by the amnesty ending next month can hardly claim to be "trapped" here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I hope you are correct.....if not, that is an awful lot of people flooding in from God knows where. I see quite a few Chinese moving into my condo at the moment .....where the hell are they coming from???

Probably, made in China? 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, keith101 said:

Why would they include flights that are just using Thai air space (1,991) , Gov and Military flights (7,883) leaving just 17,765 actual international and domestic flights carrying paying customers and some of those international where more than likely cargo planes like DHL etc . Probably trying to boost the numbers to make everything look better than it really is .

Probably trying to boost the numbers to make everything look better than it really is .

(no need for "probably"!)

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 3:51 PM, keith101 said:

Why would they include flights that are just using Thai air space (1,991) , Gov and Military flights (7,883) leaving just 17,765 actual international and domestic flights carrying paying customers and some of those international where more than likely cargo planes like DHL etc . Probably trying to boost the numbers to make everything look better than it really is .

7883 Gov,t and Military flights seems like an awful lot of Aviation Fuel used for little or no purpose.

Of the 17,765 International Flight, a large percentage of those will be Freight only flights, and repatriation Flights

Actual International flights with paying passengers near to ZERO

It would be good to see the actual paying passenger numbers that alighted in Swampy for a Holiday

( around a Dozen me thinks )

On 8/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, Surelynot said:

I hope you are correct.....if not, that is an awful lot of people flooding in from God knows where. I see quite a few Chinese moving into my condo at the moment .....where the hell are they coming from???

Wuhan 

• Like 1

About 120 international flights a day. Probably includes incoming and outgoing, from Swampy, DM and CM? Not many. And likely the majority are FedEx, DHL and cargo. No specificity on international visitors. Means little. And what on earth deos the military need nearly 8,000 flights for? Just burning up the budget. What do those guys do, anyway? Any benefit to the nation, on any level? I understand some ground troops to keep out unwanted or infected (zombie) neighbors. But 2,200 generals? For what? 

On 8/21/2020 at 3:05 AM, Surelynot said:

China

On 8/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, Surelynot said:

China ?. Just a guess!!