Hotel body demands govt reopen the country to foreigners

webfact

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Yes you said it Steven our Prime Minister General!That's PMG but doesn't that sound familiar my fellow Aussie?I remember PMG as Pigs Must Grunt!Sorry that should be Post Master General.

it use to be called Public Money Grabbers ....  lol  

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Disparate Dan said:

I can see where OP's coming from but I have no connection to the tourism industry and can therefore say I LIKE Thailand far better without tourists clogging the place up. Last few months have been really pleasant (except of course I can't travel anywhere else either).

Thailand needs tourists like it needs more submarines. Keep the doors shut.

Compared to almost anywhere else in the world right now, here is less authoritarian (in terms of virus crackdowns) and more easy-going. Unable to fulfil my usual travel schedule, I can't think of anywhere better to be and tourists would only spoil it (again).

What can I say Dan?These are Disparate times!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, blackcab said:

The quoted source in the original post is a senior member of the Sukosol family. The Sukosol group are well known to be ambassadors for the hotel industry as well as promotors of ecological and sustainable development.

The Sukosol group are absolutely compliant in all regulatory matters and in many regards set the standard that other operators aspire to.

So let's hope the pigheads at the top listen to her

10 hours ago, vangrop said:

If they want Reopen the country to foreigners: welcome and value them as any businessminded person should do with his customers.

We all know what this means:

-easen visa procedures

-eradicate scams

-safe roads

-correct pricing

-logic anti-corona regulations (ex if yr country issues a certificate, that will do it)

-a helping police force

-clean beaches

-ban pollution

-educated natives against racism (fe. a minister treating alliens as dirty people should be dismissed and sued)

-use a correct exchange rate policy

-this list is not exhaustive...

So this is not only about simply reopen. Its about a fundamental cahnge of mentality.

Hope brings life

i respectfully disaggree.

i find the thai mentality and hospitality quite good, among the best in the world.

this includes:

*correct and easy exchange rate (really, the smallest spreads i found on this planet!)

*a helping police force - yes, thai police are helping and friendly, just see how the police shoot

people in the USA !!

*visa process - find it qbubibtbebbbbmcbbvx

* pollution, corroption ext. - this is part of the deal. you cannot have it all.

THAILAND WILL PREVAIL !!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2