Holiday subsidies doubled after tourism scheme fails to lure travellers

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Local tourists wised up to the hotels upping their prices ????

That's exactly why we didn't take up the offer last long weekend, e.g. the room rate was increased by 85%.

This long weekend the room rate has been increased by 40% so its the same price with breakfast that we usually pay after the 40% rebate from the government, so we booked it for the long weekend, maybe they wised up and said a 40% increase being paid by the government is better than 0% for the no takers on the 85% increase last time, why else would they drop their pants....lol.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

Rental villas with pools and sea views. No subsidies and still cheaper than 5* hotels.

Up to 8 guests to a villa and no heavy prices on alcohol and food.

Last month we were more busy with domestic tourists than May 2019 with International tourists. Very low rates though.

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Well obviously the lure was wrong. I think it's time for the stick instead of the carrot. Simply have the army fellas bust into houses with assault rifles at ready shouting "Go on holiday now or we'll shoot!".

you will enjoy that holiday even if we have to make you. 

12 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Rental villas with pools and sea views. No subsidies and still cheaper than 5* hotels.

Up to 8 guests to a villa and no heavy prices on alcohol and food.

Last month we were more busy with domestic tourists than May 2019 with International tourists. Very low rates though.

The end to lockdowns and curfews plus the two long weekends probably helped a lot for July.

2 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The end to lockdowns and curfews plus the two long weekends probably helped a lot for July.

Anyone who has recently spent time in Hua Hin, Bang Saray, Bang Saen, Bang Chang, Chao lao etc will know that the Thais are certainly not self-isolating.

• Like 2

And not all places have been added to the scheme by the government.

I believe all national parks hotels have not been included.

If you have no customer's then lower the prices. The government should offer coupons to visit attractions and food discounts.

Who will benefit the most from this scheme - Obviously those still working (getting paid), and who are they?  Well I guess if you work for the government - you just got a new benefit over the ordinary Thai - This time you didn't even have to ask for the brown envelope. ????

Normal Thai don't take that kind hotel what give that discount! Its still 2 times more exbensive that hotel what they normaly use like 400 bth/ night hotel! And ritch people not travel coz they have alredy seen all!

15 hours ago, alant said:

Thais only again?

No point in including those expats.

Good commercial policy

Why post the truth when you can distort it, ignorance?

The scheme is open to Thai residents and their guests, and this expat is enjoying the benefits, just had a bottle of wine in the Ao Nang Dusit with the 40% discount.

6 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

And not all places have been added to the scheme by the government.

I believe all national parks hotels have not been included.

If you have no customer's then lower the prices. The government should offer coupons to visit attractions and food discounts.

Why post garbage.

It is up to businesses to register, there is no inclusion or exclusion. My wife has asked many businesses if they were registered and they all said it was too complicated. It has nothing to do with the concept but about a reluctance to embrace new technology. When we were in China last year we had to get a ferry across the river to the town, it was about 10 baht and every one from kids to the elderly were paying by QR code, the driver got the shock of his life when I put money on the table.

If the government is to be blamed fr anything it is only going too far too quick.

There is vouchers available, to cover food and other tourist activity, had a few discounted meals, but it is up to business to make that available to the people, not the government.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:50 PM, sandyf said:

Why post the truth when you can distort it, ignorance?

The scheme is open to Thai residents and their guests, and this expat is enjoying the benefits, just had a bottle of wine in the Ao Nang Dusit with the 40% discount.

Yes sandyf ignorance, I didn't know as someone on a non o visa I could apply, great news.

44 minutes ago, alant said:

Yes sandyf ignorance, I didn't know as someone on a non o visa I could apply, great news.

Good distraction. This is what you said

"Thais only again?"

As someone who has been I can assure you it is not Thais only.

Feel free however to keep distorting the facts.