RTP announce new road traffic fines: Some are actually REDUCED

webfact

I think I can see the logic here.

Due to Covid-19 so many people have lost there job. So little money going around now.  It is nice to see that the police are supporting the people it is serving by making fines more reasonable and easier to pay.

If only the western government would learn from this .... but I fear not ... We westerners are so set in our own ways (feeling of great superiority maybe?). We can not see the light, even when it shining the brightest.   ????

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rvaviator said:

I think I can see the logic here.

Due to Covid-19 so many people have lost there job. So little money going around now.  It is nice to see that the police are supporting the people it is serving by making fines more reasonable and easier to pay.

If only the western government would learn from this .... but I fear not ... We westerners are so set in our own ways (feeling of great superiority maybe?). We can not see the light, even when it shining the brightest.   ????

Sarcasm or humor?Lots of ways to look at this.I have heard Thai people say they are going to get their DL because the fines were getting too high.If every one has a DL no more money from people who do not have a DL.Not good for the police.

Logic would be to increase fines in bad times to get the people to comply with the rules but logic is not

a very big part of Thailand.

In other countries fines are a big income for the government but i suspect here it is still supporting some

private funds.

It is not about traffic safety ,it is all about generating cash.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I have been trying to puzzle out Thai logic since I got here many years ago, but as this truly amazing chunk of what seems sheer stupidity proves, I am no closer now than I was on day one.

The word for logic in Thai is ตรรกวิทยา - tukka wittya. 

I have used it a few times but most people did not know the word.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

Nothing about driving without lights after dusk?

Should be mandatory to have lights on when it is raining too!

The article says "The new fines are among 155 infractions contained in the Government Gazette and are effective immediately".  So you read them all then? Got more time on your hands than me if so.

• Confused 1

Many wrong decisions in these new charges.  Yes and my friend who raised driving without lights at dusk and even later. Many vehicles are quite invisible on the road and as such become lethal weapons for pedestrians

and other road users.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Many vehicles are quite invisible on the road and as such become lethal weapons for pedestrians

and other road users.

Perhaps that's why they drive around with no mufflers or in some cases  noise enhancing mufflers

the logic maybe being  they can hear me coming so better just get the hell out of the way !!!

• Like 1