Prisoner may have tested positive for Covid-19: CCSA

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

Not only this. Even multiple underlying conditions are no deaths sentence anymore today. Otherwise how could one explain to have only 5 deaths a day in a country of 66 million?

Everyone should acknowledge that the daily deaths rate went down from around 1000 in April to around 5 only, now. The doctors today know so much better how to treat the disease. And most people are alert and avoid unnecessary risk and therefore an increase of the infection rate. It is not serious anymore.

Other than in March, today it is really not much more than a flu, if at all.

Just seen that it's officially over in November, new Bond film No Time To Die is released then.

They are still trying to scare people with the infections are rising story, I do wonder how many people have the antibodies now. Yes it is strange how it's petered out with the deaths, maybe got weaker as time has moved along.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

In tomorrow's news "No new Covid-19 cases "reported".-." "Thailand successfully thwarts second wave" 'No new reports of new reports reported"

Nope, it  will be this

"Thailand , world first, discovers and implements new  vaccine solution" 

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_keithwood_files_2019_01_MC1sc-Hero-Small-1200x1600.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The head of the Thai medical agency has always said the virus is still here. Just undetected. Until now....

He's also said the reported numbers are low.

Well I'll be damned really. So its not been true Thailand is Covid free of domestic cases for 100 days. Oh the shock and horror to have been lied too.  I feel like I have been fooled once again.

• Like 2

Let's just hope they manage to trace all who he has been in contact with...not that we are likely to come across them, unless they are released from jail.  Or, unless the guards have got it as well - and they go to shopping malls, and their kids go to schools etc. etc. etc.

11 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

There have always been cases in Thailand. The only place that I have come across someone with symptoms was in a Thai bar just off Ratchada soi 17 in March, a girl with a persistent cough.

It's quite naive believing the spin that they have been coming out with.

I believe there are quite a few people carrying the disease without knowing which is where the danger lies. But, without testing every member of the population, how do you fix that? 

5 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

I wonder about the reason why they suddenly admit a new case.

I see two possibilities:

You forgot to include "they carried out a routine test on a prisoner an found he had the virus". 

No need for all these stupid conspiracy theories.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Contact tracer's nightmare I would imagine!

at least they can't blame the dirty farangs.

this guy was in contact with just Thai

it means that either the government is lying on the number of positive covid19 cases or 

they are not doing enough testing to warrant the numbers.

so may be people will finally realize that the government does not know what they are doing = cow manure in and cow manure out.. same old same

11 minutes ago, the green light said:

at least they can't blame the dirty farangs.

this guy was in contact with just Thai

it means that either the government is lying on the number of positive covid19 cases or 

they are not doing enough testing to warrant the numbers.

so may be people will finally realize that the government does not know what they are doing = cow manure in and cow manure out.. same old same

Why do you believe he was only in contact with Thai's.  Your view is rose colored. Do you believe that those of of us who live here in Bangkok and routinely go to certain venues are only Thai.  Wow so tell me more please, I need to understand the logic behind your comment. And No they are not testing like in the West or Europe, so that is why they are not finding numbers of infected, be they asymptomatic or worse have what looks like a regular cold.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Let me guess, those 2 relatives live on the border.. That <deleted> must have been imported! There's absolutely no chance it might be a false positive from those dodgy test kits either... I'm over this <deleted>! Just out of interest sake, does anyone on here even know anyone that has had covid, and was actually really sick? Not "a symptomatic".. Anyone? Even just a friend of a friend?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Let me guess, those 2 relatives live on the border.. That <deleted> must have been imported! There's absolutely no chance it might be a false positive from those dodgy test kits either... I'm over this <deleted>! Just out of interest sake, does anyone on here even know anyone that has had covid, and was actually really sick? Not "a symptomatic".. Anyone? Even just a friend of a friend?

Not here in Thailand but back in the States. I know plenty and a few have died from it. However, they were either Teachers or police officers.  My former partner has Covid, at 52 he is or was healthy with no underlying conditions. Now making a recovery, but with what damage to his health and body is unknown.  Just came off the respirator and is starting to walk with help.  This was a man who ran marathons and did not have any weight to loose, but now Donny weighs 145 pounds at 6' tall.  He was 165 before this all started. He picked it up after an arrest. Wore a mask, gloves, disinfected, but it did not help.  So tell me more.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

You seem quite joyous about it , as do quite a few people on this forum .

I agree TV warriors are notorious for basking in negative news unfortunately.  But I hope it’s only a

minority of the expats out there that voice the negativity and I also believe it’s not a case of their being happy about a COVID case within Thailand, rather it’s their overwhelming need to shout from the rooftops “ I TOLD you so”!!  Sad huh? 
let’s all wish the best for the containment efforts, after all

it’s in EVERYONES interest that this thing goes away. Our TV heroes will be  even more negative should there be a resurgence and their beloved bars get closed again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You really are naive, somehow they have managed not to have a case for 100 days and their testing is patchy at best. Countries like South Korea and Hong Kong are miles ahead with testing and track n trace, they still have new cases.

Yet life in Thailand goes on as normal and countries like S. Korea and Hong Kong have restrictions. Have to ask who's getting it right?

Believe current status is:

1.  Confirmation test still pending.

2.  In lockup for last 9 or 10 days.  No recent overseas travel.

3.  Had no symptoms when entered jail.

4.  Worked in bars as DJ (possible source).

5.  Timeline suggests may not have infected anyone outside of jail (and those in jail should be under testing protocols).

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, kentrot said:

"the 34 prisoners who were in the same cell..."

That is one crowded cell !

It is Thailand not a civilized developed country with a developed prison system of separate cells inhabited by only one or two people, but then you knew that already didn't you.

https://prisonstudies.org/country/thailand

you can click on the links in the study provided as they can not be linked here as they are from the BP

Edited by ThailandRyan

- Thailand went 100 days without transmission and now suddenly has a case

- Vietnam went 100 days without transmission and then suddenly had cases

- New Zealand went 102 days without transmission and then suddenly had cases

What is magical about that 100 day mark?

• Like 1