Thailand to Finalize Entry Plan for Foreign Visitors by October

webfact

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Forget it at the 14 day quarantine stage with a myriad of boltons no one will come unless you pay for it end of story ????

Have to remember not all expats living in Thailand are sitting on retirement visa or work permits.

This new proposed system will allow me to fly in and out for work.Even if quarantine is required At this stage I would rather that than open the gates putting my family at risk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Forget it at the 14 day quarantine stage with a myriad of boltons no one will come unless you pay for it end of story ????

Correct.So you go for a month.But first 2 weeks you have to stay in expencive hotel for 2 weeks.i dont think so.What is happening.The big money people who are close and linked to government.Are looking to make money from the few tourist that will maybe come.These comments by thai government are always about trying to apease the certain few that they think matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

It's totally stupid without a doubt.  I just don't understand why they persist with an idea that is doomed to fail???

Do they not understand people with money are smart enough to go somewhere else if confronted with a ridiculous rule.

But at least my prediction that the terrible reality of the situation will set in by December will be proven to be true.  The coming disaster and the fallout will be huge!  Think of a word that starts with "R"....

A “ Roup”?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

What's the alternative? Open borders...

open borders pretty much kills domestic tourism. no thai is EVER going to stay in a resort full of potentially infected foreigners.

and if they infect the whole country.. OMG this government would be in big trouble

so all in all they screwed.

damned if they do damned if they don't

• Like 2

While Thailand may be a beautiful place to visit for a holiday, foreigners, blue collar and most white collar workers are not provided with enough annual vacation time to come to Thailand and spend 14 days in quarantine, then maybe have a week of actual holiday and then return to their home country and face another 14 days in quarantine.  Until something can be done to eliminate the need for quarantining very few tourists can be expected to visit Thailand.  My guess is that little will happen until a vaccine is in widespread use and has been proven effective for 12-15 months or more. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Brilliant..…we will have a “Final Plan”…which will remain final at least until it’s not final anymore.

Never fear.....a committee will be set up to look into the "Final Plan"and report to his holiness who will then make the final decision sometime in the future :clap2:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

I still can’t understand why people who are healthy and in good shape are so scared of the virus are you afraid of every other way to die.  Every day is a <deleted> shoot.  If I had diabetes and weighed 350 pounds or breathing problems or ??? I’d be very cautious.  But the rest of us don’t need a mask and should keep on keepin on.  IMO 

I'm not scared of it myself & may even have already had it (in Singapore in Feb I came down with bad flu like symptoms & had a fever for 3 days... Hadn't had anything but a mild cough in the 11.5 years I lived there) BUT what I am scared of is passing it on to my septuagenarian parents (one of whom does have diabetes & both are a little overweight but by no means unhealthily so for their age). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

It's totally stupid without a doubt.  I just don't understand why they persist with an idea that is doomed to fail???

Do they not understand people with money are smart enough to go somewhere else if confronted with a ridiculous rule.

But at least my prediction that the terrible reality of the situation will set in by December will be proven to be true.  The coming disaster and the fallout will be huge!  Think of a word that starts with "R"....

Go where? 

No country in the world will accept tourists from a CoviD-19 country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1