STV: Not a single Chinese person actually applied for a special visa - TAT supplied "list of names"

webfact

13 hours ago, John Drake said:

This proves Chinese are smarter than farangs. No Chinese in his right mind is willing to go through the Thai quarantine hoops while several farangs, even on this forum, are begging to do so. Some, indeed, have already done so.

As a Yank currently stuck on a sinking ship, I would certainly take any other option at this point.    #Titanic

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Where have all the tourists gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Thais ripped them off, every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

LOL LOL Good one but true

19 hours ago, webfact said:

STV: Not a single Chinese person actually applied for a special visa - TAT supplied "list of names"

So fake news and no prosecution?

Many people we were told were gearing up for the imminent arrival on Oct 8th, then delayed to 25th or something... yet it was all a hoax by the T.A.T, the locals will be very impressed.

Seems some can lie with impunity while others are fined or worse.

• Like 2

non-thai id holders are entering thailand on other visas, using the stv visa is like walking around with a flashing siren on your head that nobody wants,if cp proxy for communist china involved, with that plane load of commie friends, then those persons will already be in country on different visas

Supertramp could not have put it any better regarding Thailand's Government and the STV, when they sang the Logical Song

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, playfully watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am

Thailand's Government and TAT have been asleep at the wheel and can not see through the rose tinted glasses they are wearing.  They see the world different than the rest of the world does and never will understand the Farang point of view, because in their views we are below them in every aspect.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Supertramp could not have put it any better regarding Thailand's Government and the STV, when they sang the Logical Song

They wrote a few that makes me think of STV. Crime of the Century being one.

"Now they're planning the crime of the century
Well what would it be?
Read all about their schemes and adventuring
Yes it's well worth the fee
So roll up and see
As they rape the universe
How they've gone from bad to worse

Who are these men of lust, greed and glory?
Rip off the masks and let's see"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

39 M ARRIVALS, not all tourists. Amongst them business men/women, Thai living abroad returning or visiting and so on.

Are you in the TAT board ?

I'll stand by my figures...and no I'm not on the TAT board. Do you think the World Bank is also a shill for Thailand and the TAT?

Screenshot_20201013-080253_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b5d840b340f5c518b3c56b597b8ff33f.jpg

and another source...

Screenshot_20201013-080203_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9788fceb3fbaaece3296e7d5f9c05aa5.jpg

51 minutes ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

People wake up, they have let Chinese in. Am I the only one that’s seeing them? 

I ran into a group of about 10 last night on my nightly walk around the Wireless road, Langsuan Area.  They were two families, and had come to Bangkok from Chiang Mai where they have been living since Covid came to visit.  They have moved down here and are staying in a hotel on Langsuan, and were out looking at new places to move to here in Bangkok.  As the one father, who spoke perfect English said "There are better deals down here and cheaper rents, better places to eat, more upscale restaurants, and the air is better".  I had to laugh.  There are many Chinese that live in Thailand, so I do not doubt your seeing them.  I just do not believe they have just arrived under the cover of darkness as you may believe.  

• Like 2

When the corrupt Government makes up schemes they always involve some form of bribery by hospitality companies to provide them with customers. Previously tested non-Covid passengers must spend a minimum of 30,000thb in Quarantine at a short list of Hotels, previously chosen by the Government officials, "Insurance" must be acquired to provide 100,000usd in coverage, 500,000thb must be in deposit in a Thai bank before application. Does anyone but me see the possibilities of Corrupt practices here? Who in their right mind thought this list of requirements was even achievable, let alone something a tourist would even try to do to come to Thailand? To me, its a list of nearly impossible requirements insuring you DON'T have any tourists coming to Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

People wake up, they have let Chinese in. Am I the only one that’s seeing them? 

I see Chinese tourists all the time.  They are being quiet, so not to attract attention.  But they are here.  You can tell by the way they dress and act.  The Chinese expats are totally different.  (not that I am racist or xenophobic, I've lived around Asian people all my life and you know there is a difference between local and tourists, in any race or country).

Edited by LivingNThailand

Whoever is their boss was basically having a trouble free life because of the good works done by the previous government or people incharge who made the country THE destination in the eyes of the world. Now these bunch of lunatics don't know how to do that which clearly shows their incompetence.  Either they should resign or someone should fire them and bring in new staff who is smart enough and knows how to read english as they can obviously notice so much outrage online. 

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

With all those strict requirement, which true tourist would want to come?

Vegetarian festival indeed....

As I have said, remove all the 14 days quarantine, insurance requirements etc and they will come.

Just do a Covid test in their home country. That should be sufficient before giving approval to allow them to board the plane.

This is the only practical way.

Which is almost certainly what Thailand's competitors for the tourist market in this part of the world, Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Malaysia will do. 

I am not really surprised to learn that TAT made up a name list and the rest was

fiction. After all, just how many Chinese do you think gets 1 month off for vacation

in a year. If you maybe own a large business and are doing well financially, maybe you

and your family can take that much time off per year. I doubt that very many companies

in China are so generous to give many if at all 1 month off per year. Two weeks vacation

leave is likely the best to expect except for top managers, and executives. When I talked to

some tourists from China, they were all on a 10 day tour, and had flown from China to

BKK then buses to Pattaya for their first night in country. The young fellow in his early 20s

said he was lucky to be working for his uncle, or he would not have had that much time

off to travel with his parents and siblings. Even in Western countries, when you have not

worked for a company for over 10 years, you do not get off more than 3 weeks per year.

STV, should be used for Special Thai Vaccine, maybe a few people will be lucky enough to

get one of those in the next year.

Geezer

• Haha 1