Moving to Thailand from UK

19 minutes ago, ID2020 said:

Thanks for the advice BritManToo, any particular reason(s) ??

My pal moved here from Australia, his mom sold everything to be with him.

6 months later he was dead, and she was trapped here alone.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

to burn all your bridges and move to a third world country that has proven again and again, that it has very little (read none, zero) concern for "guests". 

My visa ran out at the start of May - I'm still here and legally so - and I am not alone

Hardly zero concern for guests is it?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Re. healthcare there is no doubt "top notch" care available in Thailand but it is also expensive.  I suspect a private operation in the UK would be comparable if the NHS is a non-starter.

OP: My mate recently had Hip replacement operation at https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/sukhumvit/ & the total cost was around 600,000 THB (approx £15,000) little bit of a wait as he needed to lose weight, my mum had the same done on the NHS a couple of years ago, zero cost but she had to wait around 10 months (obviously wait times are going to be a lot longer now given a lot of non-essential operations have been cancelled during the CV19 Crisis).  

I must say, Samitivej hospital was top notch & his recovery room looked more like a hotel room 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ID2020 said:

medical availability in BKK is obviously top notch, she needs a hip replacement so we thought we would get it all done in Thailand

The only thing really top notch about medical care in Thailand is the advertising and sales department.  The quality of care in any western country is much better than Thailand.

Also, the cost of a hip replacement in Thailand might surprise you.  The hip implant itself is very expense and will cost more in Thailand than in the UK.   The whole cost of the procedure in Thailand will probably be similar to what you would pay at a private hospital in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ID2020 said:

I understand the advice not to trust your thai partner etc but I wouldn't marry her if I didn't trust her and if I die, I want her to have my money anyway so im not worried about that!! Her family also have more money than I will ever have so deffo not worried about that ???? 

Also, thank you kindly for all of your advice and information everyone, I am not a troll or having a laugh., I am being serious.

Thanks for the heads up on gaining entry, I am trying to get into Thailand before vaccines become mandatory or basically you cannot travel. I do not want a DNA altering vaccine with nano tech inside it that will be able to track and monitor me 24/7. Bill Gates also said it wil kill around 700.000 which is another reason I would rather avoid taking it. I just can't have it for various reasons, mainly being my freedom and privacy (not that I have anything to hide) I am a kind hearted law abiding man who just wants to make a new life with his very kind and humble new family in Thailand.

I have been to Thailand about 6 times now, staying for a month to two months at a time and am aware of the highs and lows of living in Thailand. I am prepared to sacrifice some of the good things about the UK in exchange for some of the not so good things in Thailand.

Luckily, her land belongs to her family, we will be buying it from her uncle at a nicely discounted rate and will be looking to set up a small business on it in Pratchuap kiri khan. We just want to set up a self sufficient home in the jungle away from large crowds of people, take care of my mum and her family and live humbly etc. 

We want to build our own home on the land but will be renting for the first year more than likely.

Thanks again for all advice, it is greatly appreciated.

If your plan is to set up a small business, you have already failed.

Do your research. Understand the costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ID2020 said:

I understand the advice not to trust your thai partner etc but I wouldn't marry her if I didn't trust her

You're not the first and you won't be the last to say that

Unless you can afford to lose the money don't put anything in your GF name - if you can afford it then do it

It is friendly advice by the way

• Like 2

Hi darrendsd, I am grateful and thankful for all advice and understand why everyone says what you say, but what about all the genuine people out there? There has been plenty of people who have made the move and it has worked out for them, in the case that my GF is genuine and that her family are too, whats the worst that could happen??

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ID2020 said:

I am trying to get into Thailand before vaccines become mandatory or basically you cannot travel. I do not want a DNA altering vaccine with nano tech inside it that will be able to track and monitor me 24/7. Bill Gates also said it wil kill around 700.000 which is another reason I would rather avoid taking it. I just can't have it for various reasons, mainly being my freedom and privacy (not that I have anything to hide)

I wouldn't bet against the Thai Government making CV19 vaccination compulsory at Visa Extension time so if even if you did manage to get into Thailand (for which your options currently are Marry your Thai GF or get a Thailand Elite card for a minimum of 500,000 THB, approx £12,500) you may find that you still need to have it.

• Like 2

Better getting your fiance to move to the UK,forget about using all your money to go to Thailand,there is a very high chance you could be easily  parted from it all,even though it all seems rosy now,i would err on the side of caution,especially in these hard times financially for most of the Thai people.

Regarding your mothers Hip Op,why not just take her out for that,and then she can go back to the UK.

With the state of affairs with no foreign tourists,your mother would find it very boring and lonely,listening to Thai's talking all the time,and watching out for Soi dogs biting her A**,also the cost of European food,if she cant eat the local swill.

Beware...because there is no NHS equivalent,plus there is a groundswell of discontent starting in Bangkok regarding the Government and the Monarchy,you may well be jumping into the fire,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ID2020 said:

I met her in April 2018 and have had 8 month stretches between seeing one another, she has been staying at my place in London for the past 11 months now (due to covid) and we have been in contact all day every day since we met back in April 2018 so coming up 2 and a half years. We love each other dearly and cannot imagine leaving one another. My mum was sick recently and soiled her pyjamas, I caught my gf cleaning them along with the puddle of wee my dog made in my living room, I didn't even ask her, she just cracked on as if it's normal. She is an absolute Angel and her family are very kind and welcoming towards me. Please understand her family members have enough money to take care of themselves and robbing me although possible, is extremely unlikely... again thanks for the advice all!! Hope life in Thailand is going well for you all given the circumstances...

How's she managed to stay 11 months on a 6 month visit visa or are the UK Govt doing an amnesty now as well? ????

RAZZ

• Like 1