Trump falsely claims victory with votes uncounted, rival Biden confident

snoop1130

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

At the time that I post, Biden leads in the electoral college votes by 224 -213 ( according to the BBC).

So I suppose that if they stop counting now, as Mr Trump demands, Mr Biden wins?

It's 224-213 in the states where they've called the results.  If they quit counting votes now, the states that were too close to call would be called as they stand, and Trump would win.  He's ahead in most of the states that are too close to call.

Sadly, it looks like he will win anyway.  The only thing worse for the country would be a Biden win, and even that's a pretty close tossup.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

Sadly, it looks like he will win anyway.  The only thing worse for the country would be a Biden win, and even that's a pretty close tossup.

Isn`t it more likely that Biden wins more of the not yet counted votes.

It seems in the pending states they`re waiting for the results from bigger cities and postal votes. Those voters shoul mostly prefer Biden, or not?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

It's 224-213 in the states where they've called the results.  If they quit counting votes now, the states that were too close to call would be called as they stand, and Trump would win.  He's ahead in most of the states that are too close to call.

At the time of your posting, and still now, the score was/is 238 / 213.

It is like that since at least 8pm Thai time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:
6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Depends on which news source you followed.

ABC Australia said the same 2 minutes ago

12 hours ago, 3 different news sources had 3 different scores.  One of them had better interactive maps, one had better data, and the third was pretty useless.  I just went from tab to tab.

I gave up following any of them a few hours ago, because they've announced it may be days before they finish counting all the mail in ballots.  Plus, it's close enough (in enough states to tip the election one way or the other) that one side or the other -or both- will be demanding recounts in enough states to put initial results in question.

I wish I had taken screenshots of the data, because I suspect one or more of them called Michigan and/or Wisconsin much too early...

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

12 hours ago, 3 different news sources had 3 different scores.  One of them had better interactive maps, one had better data, and the third was pretty useless.  I just went from tab to tab.

I gave up following any of them a few hours ago, because they've announced it may be days before they finish counting all the mail in ballots.  Plus, it's close enough (in enough states to tip the election one way or the other) that one side or the other -or both- will be demanding recounts in enough states to put initial results in question.

I wish I had taken screenshots of the data, because I suspect one or more of them called Michigan and/or Wisconsin much too early...

I posted a screenshot but it got deleted

6 hours ago, candide said:

On Fox News now 248-214.

(Some people may be rightly surprised to see me refering to Fox News, but they have a good analysis department. The only good thing on this s#$%^& TV.)

That's true regarding their analysis dept. They were calling Arizona for Biden much earlier than many of the other news outlets--which gave Trump fits.  (Thank you, Fox.)   Fingers crossed Biden will win but sad that it is this close and the Senate likely isn't going to flip.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Trump will win the election.  He will win it fair and square.

Got it. Heads, trump wins. Tails, Biden loses. Glad he's not a coach because when his team got ahead, regardless, the time remaining to be played, trump would claim that his team had won and leave the field. 

• Haha 1