Trump falsely claims victory with votes uncounted, rival Biden confident

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, watthong said:

So far Biden has consistently gotten 2 out of  EVERY 3 mail-in votes in Georgia (still looking for the link to that report.)  At that rate a quick math shows that out of the uncounted 15000 votes left he should get 10000, and Trump the remaining 5000. A 5K upset that will take over the 1800 gap. State officials are reluctant to make a call, because any call at this stage would likely mean a call for the new president, and nobody wants to be in the position to do that. So we all will have to wait for every state to finish, ie counting the last vote. (Pensylvania is also in the same predicament.)

Not quite 2/3. I believe either 61 % or 63%. Either way enough to put Biden over the top. Even so, there would still be other ballots such as those from the military to be tallied.

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:
10 minutes ago, watthong said:

So far Biden has consistently gotten 2 out of  EVERY 3 mail-in votes in Georgia (still looking for the link to that report.)  At that rate a quick math shows that out of the uncounted 15000 votes left he should get 10000, and Trump the remaining 5000. A 5K upset that will take over the 1800 gap. State officials are reluctant to make a call, because any call at this stage would likely mean a call for the new president, and nobody wants to be in the position to do that. So we all will have to wait for every state to finish, ie counting the last vote. (Pensylvania is also in the same predicament.)

Expand  

Not quite 2/3. I believe either 61 % or 63%. Either way enough to put Biden over the top. Even so, there would still be other ballots such as those from the military to be tallied.

Let's say 60%. Then out of 15k Biden should get 9K and Trump 6K. A 3K upset, more than enough, though will permit a recount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J Town said:

Most likely there will be a recount due to such a slim margin predicted.

The good news? NO recount in presidential elections has ever resulted in a flip.

https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/59698/has-a-recount-ever-changed-the-winner-of-a-state-during-a-presidential-election

I read somewhere on fivethirtyeight and am too lazy to track it down that even after this count is finished there are still more ballots to be counted including but not limited to military ballots. So I don't know what if anything is projected for those votes or how many there are.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes provisional ballots and there are many and they tend to skew Democratic. It is premature to call it but I think Biden will win Georgia. Yes that's a freaking big deal!

Yes, winning Georgia would be huge, and totally unexpected (for me).  However I won't allow myself to get too optimistic. 

If I remember correctly Georgia will count military ballots that come in on or before November 10, so the count won't be finished before then.  Once it is complete, it's safe to assume there will be a recount.  This will go on for a while.

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I do agree with you, unfortunately it appears more then 63 millions of Americans still believe him... one time he said something about killing somebody in 5th Ave NY and could get away with it, it just shows how intelligent/brain washed Some Americans are, glad I am not one, happy to be European

Lots of Europeans voting for fascistic parties. Don't be too happy.

• Like 1