Explainer: Citizen Trump will face legal woes

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good question  

I assume yes.

He's probably also entitled to secret service protection in the hoosegow.

Plus he votes in Florida, right? And hasn't Florida, in defiance of the law, severely restricted voting rights for felons?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think it was called the "Hiss Act" but might be for only high crimes and treason convictions.

Thanks for the info, made it easy to find.

In 1961, however, Congress amended the law to prohibit the payment of pensions only for convictions for serious national security-related offenses.

https://globalanticorruptionblog.com/2017/07/28/corruption-and-federal-pensions-a-case-for-rewriting-the-hiss-act/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know whether he is going to jail or not. Having said that, if I was one of his lawyers I'd be wanting my money up front.

With his reputation that applies to all goods and services. 

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His creditors will immediately start foreclosures, they want their money out before the Federal and State Governments take it all.

This is the start of stripping away the facade of lies and fakery that is Donald Trump, it’s going to leave an awful lot of people with nowhere to hide from the fact that he’s conned them. 

He has a $400 million loan coming up soon. He can be sued if he doesn't pay and I'm sure he can't

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

I think we should all take a moment.  The Trump supporters should show some dignity and accept that their hero was beaten fairly and squarely and the rest of us should maybe stop rubbing salt in the wounds.

The USA  needs to try and heal the vast chasm that Trump has created but it is going to be a slow process.  It may well take a generation  to achieve.

Sorry but I still have many a kilo of salt accumulated through the last 4 years of thirst for decency, empathy, etc.

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1

My fond dream is that when he sneaks out of the White House that a pair of very large federal marshalls apprehend him and put manacles on him for a ride to New York.   If anyone is a flight risk it is him.

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

His creditors will immediately start foreclosures, they want their money out before the Federal and State Governments take it all.

This is the start of stripping away the facade of lies and fakery that is Donald Trump, it’s going to leave an awful lot of people with nowhere to hide from the fact that he’s conned them. 

14 hours ago, alianware said:

Stupid !! 

If trump goes to jail than biden and family, hillary-clinton's family and and all the companies behind will also go to jail. 

Dont be stupid !!! 

Scotty please beam this fatuous boof head up and spirit him of to the planet in your dreams.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, placnx said:

All of the defaults and criminal charges will be bad for their business franchising the name Trump. The whole empire may crumble.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind lovely boy.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, who enforces New York state laws, has been conducting a criminal investigation into Trump and the Trump Organization for more than two years.

The law should be the same for all. Time to go in for a while and eat some <deleted>. 

They won't do the soap falling part with this ugly man and his hair will soon look very different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

At this point, anyone who thinks DT is going to do something (or not do something) because it is improper or immoral, well, don't take a sea voyage, you're liable to fall off the edge of the flat Earth.

He's reluctant to send his kids to prison, but what about Jared?  On the other hand maybe no actual time in The Big House because of the virus (like Cohen, Manafort,...).

28 minutes ago, bendejo said:

At this point, anyone who thinks DT is going to do something (or not do something) because it is improper or immoral, well, don't take a sea voyage, you're liable to fall off the edge of the flat Earth.

He's reluctant to send his kids to prison, but what about Jared?  On the other hand maybe no actual time in The Big House because of the virus (like Cohen, Manafort,...).

Lol! Jared will betray him first! ????

12 hours ago, bendejo said:

They should go after every deal these clowns pursued, full transparency, each getting their due.  There has been so many we can't remember them all over the past four years: Zinke, Pruitt, et al.  Biden should put someone like Eric Holder in charge of neutering the rats. 

I've been salivating over Bill Barr... He's at the top of my most-wanted Trump stooge list. (At the other end is darling Louis "Joie de Vivre".) Been wondering which ax man I should get, Neal Katyal for one and Glenn Kirschner for the other? With Trump I would simply dust off good old Berman and let him and Tish take their turn.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, watthong said:

I've been salivating over Bill Barr... He's at the top of my most-wanted Trump stooge list. (At the other end is darling Louis "Joie de Vivre".) Been wondering which ax man I should get, Neal Katyal for one and Glenn Kirschner for the other? With Trump I would simply dust off good old Berman and let him and Tish take their turn.

For some of these guys the tracks are already laid out, one of De Joy's buddies was charged a few weeks ago

https://www.alternet.org/2020/10/top-trump-donor-and-former-rnc-finance-chair-charged-in-foreign-lobbying-scheme/

Other notables to watch on the finances side are Parscale and Guilfoyle, and that's just starters.

Barr, sometimes, seems to have the sense to back off.  When contempt of Congress was threatened he knew enough to cave in: that was what brought Nixon down.  My guess is he's in tight with some of the Federal judges appointed during the DT regime and he thinks he's going to skate by because of this.  Haven't heard a peep from him on this fraudulent election fraud stuff.

Myself, I'm waiting for the release of the Mueller report and/or a whole new UNHINDERED investigation of the relationship with Putin and all things Russian.  Just think, the first former US president to be charged with treason!  Jeff Sessions may be a weasel but he had the sense to back away from a fire.  It takes big brass ones to release a document that looks like this:

blank1.png.d60bd58465f2ccc73efaa54db6cd9ec5.png

Never mind drain the swamp, the new slogan is FLUSH THE TOILET!

DT is already lamenting how the presidency ruined his life, but just wait until they start the deep digging and get the story behind stunts like this:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/7/1641165/-Trump-s-never-opened-hotel-in-Azerbaijan-is-possibly-a-money-laundering-bombshell

Rachel Maddow usually keeps the language clean on her show, but it was her gf that said this building looks like a, ahem. lady part

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, watthong said:

Louis DeJoy may have broken the law by interfering with US mail delivery, but I am not sure what law Barr might have broken.  He should have been impeached and removed for showing favor to those of Trump's cronies who have been convicted, but did he break a law by doing so?

11 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I think we should all take a moment.  The Trump supporters should show some dignity and accept that their hero was beaten fairly and squarely and the rest of us should maybe stop rubbing salt in the wounds.

The USA  needs to try and heal the vast chasm that Trump has created but it is going to be a slow process.  It may well take a generation  to achieve.

After listening to this numpty for four years, I know there isn't enough salt.

15 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

After listening to this numpty for four years, I know there isn't enough salt.

Be nice if the current admin, and Biden await due process, then both sides (of course Trump cannot) act with dignity, and get about repairing the damage. His legal issues are personal and should also go through due process