Biden stresses importance of Northern Irish peace deal in first call to PM Johnson

webfact

24 minutes ago, bannork said:

It's 100% the fault of the Brexiteers. If they hadn't voted for such idiocy in the first place the UK wouldn't be in the dire straits it's rapidly heading for. 

Actually I don't blame the Brexiteer public, just the individuals who sold the public a pup.  Brexit sounded very doable if they had only been telling the truth at the time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

totally irrelevant. I am of Russian and English decent and I have no time for Russia or any of its polices.  The Yanks need to stop rabbiting on about their Irish descent,,  If they thought that much of Ireland, they would still be there.  I suppose that if you haven't got a National history of your own that is worth a damn, you invent one, 

Well, if you think history stopped at 1899, you may have a point. How is it that historians refer to the 20th century? What country's name do they attach to it? Is it the British century? No, I don't think so. Can you help me come up with that elusive word?

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, if you think history stopped at 1899, you may have a point. How is it that historians refer to the 20th century? What country's name do they attach to it? Is it the British century? No, I don't think so. Can you help me come up with that elusive word?

Irish American is 2 words.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

totally irrelevant. I am of Russian and English decent and I have no time for Russia or any of its polices.  The Yanks need to stop rabbiting on about their Irish descent,,  If they thought that much of Ireland, they would still be there.  I suppose that if you haven't got a National history of your own that is worth a damn, you invent one, 

I get you now. You know, Americans don't really care about Brits looking down on them. At least you've got it better than Canadians who seems to seem to think about the USA constantly while Americans only think of Canada when threatening to flee there after an election. But the last laugh is with Canada. Canada doesn't want them 

Edited by Jingthing

20 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

His heritage is SO important that he's never visited Ireland, apart from once in 2016 as part of his duties under Obama. Yeah, it's really important to you Joe. You keep telling yourself that ????

O'Bama lol.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

His heritage is SO important that he's never visited Ireland, apart from once in 2016 as part of his duties under Obama. Yeah, it's really important to you Joe. You keep telling yourself that ????

Hes a politician. It matters not what he personally finds important but what he can convince the voting public what he thinks is important.

Just like Johnson and Brexit.

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

He will appear to back Ireland but this will be essentially backing the EU against the UK. Ironic really, as it is the EU insisting on the hard border, not the UK.

But Biden is going to have his hands full enough without worrying about foreign affairs too much, assuming that he does get as far as the White House. 

Johnson signed an agreement saying there would be no internal border in Ireland. He claimed it was a great deal. A fantastic deal. His own oven ready deal.

Upon which he won an election. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And you keep telling yourself the US under Biden will not back The Republic of Ireland and the GFA.

...and you keep telling yourself (and anyone that will listen) Biden won. With your track record when dabbling in foreign elections I thought you would have learned from you last effort a year ago when the candidate you (very publicly) championed was ousted ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2