Thailand to allow people to grow cannabis at home - pilot project begins in January

webfact

why do they need this pilot
to see if it can be grown outdoors ?
when it has been grown outdoors here for like forever......

last time they gave people licenses that were valid only for 90 days
then went and busted them a few days after license expired just before harvest

why not just change the law, decriminalize weed
and OPEN THE BORDERS
no silly entry requirements
people will quickly come and stay as long as possible

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, connda said:

It will be very interesting to see which "special families" are allowed to grow it, and what percentage of the Thai population will never be considered a "special family?"

the same special families that have been growing it for decades
they are just now looking for a way to do it legally to avoid prosecution
Tech has advanced to far to keep locations secret

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, connda said:

It will be very interesting to see which "special families" are allowed to grow it, and what percentage of the Thai population will never be considered a "special family?"

About 99 percent won't be considered 

5 hours ago, digger70 said:

They should be looking into growing Cannabis for Medicinal  purpose and Non THC Marijuana for  Clothing/Ropes/Building materials and many more uses.

This could help a lot of farmers for a  better income than what they get now from the oversupply  of the rubber.

Already being done in Thailand. It's called hemp, in Thailand mostly it's rosella or kenaf.

14 hours ago, juice777 said:

Can only be grown outside(with no lights) so  Cancer patients will be getting low-grade Thai Bush Weed grown my Mum and pop. Instead of higher grade star dog or lemon kush  grown by experts in A greenhouse with  Hydroponics and lights and filters not that I know about these things.

We have a well developed and well run medical MJ program in the state of Pennsylvania in America. All samples are certified by labs for quality and lack of pesticide residues. Grown and sold by private companies with monitoring by the State. Thailand could do worse than look at our excellent solution to MJ grown, regulation and distribution. 

1 hour ago, thaigirlwatcher said:

We have a well developed and well run medical MJ program in the state of Pennsylvania in America. All samples are certified by labs for quality and lack of pesticide residues. Grown and sold by private companies with monitoring by the State. Thailand could do worse than look at our excellent solution to MJ grown, regulation and distribution. 

You know that at the first sight of an insect landing on a good bud, the Thai farmers will be out there spraying a potent organophosphate insecticide on them.  At twice the recommended strength because they want to see bugs die immediately.  ( I was a volunteer 40+ years ago in the agricultural sector.  OMG!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

What could possibly go wrong?

No doubt. If you allow people to control what they personally ingest anarchy and societal collapse can't be far behind. 

All Hail the State! Up with Big Brother! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

So will weed farmers burn their stalks and leaves after the buds are harvested?  If so, Burning Season will be taking on a whole different meaning!

If they were smart they would water seive them to remove the leaf surface trichomes and then compost the remains....... but, of course they won't. 

What they burn won't be a shadow of the corn stalks and sugar cane burns though. 

Just a hint on how much cash can be made. 

I have smoked weed for ~40 years.

I travelled to the USA on a regular basis, (until the Chinese fkced it all up).

Visiting one of the many shops that now sell all sorts of varieties of weed/edibles/concentrates, I was very aware of how many people were passing through in the time I was there.

As I was browsing the iPad menu, I asked a shop assistant approximately how much money passed through the shop on a daily basis. She said in the region of $100,000.

That was 1 shop.

Have a look at an app called 'weedmaps' and take note of how many shops there are in the states where recreational weed is allowed. 

There is massive money to be made. 

• Like 2